Compare CV Scope is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
buddard
RE Developer

09 Sep 2016

Compare CV Scope is a visual CV processor that helps you visualize, transform and combine up to 4 CV signals:

• Fully featured 4-channel CV Oscilloscope with zoom and freeze
  • Per-channel scale/offset/mute controls with instant visual feedback (and full automation support)
  • Built-in combiner that continuously calculates the minimum, maximum, sum and product of all inputs

Try it today!
Last edited by buddard on 09 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.

tiker01

09 Sep 2016

Nice intro video!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Social Exodus

09 Sep 2016

Last edited by Social Exodus on 09 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

stp2015

09 Sep 2016

Love the idea, dont like the color scheme. These to different types of Green hurt my eyes...[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] Maybe just Grey or White ish for the device would be nicer. Also would be cool to order the colors of the lines to match those of synchronous (and just put Green last) ---- just my personal wish list, but is a really nice device otherwise.

stp2015

09 Sep 2016

Probably going to get it at some point, good job robotic Bean ;)

dvdrtldg

09 Sep 2016

Nice! I'm a complete sucker for this sort of thing. BOUGHT

dioxide

09 Sep 2016

Good set of features, def something I would use although I use a combination of several devices for most of these features at the moment. Not keen on the colour scheme either but looking forward to demoing this. Great for flangers and panning LFOs.

Koshdukai

10 Sep 2016

Great video! It shows really well all the cool features and huge possibilities of this new rack device :)

Nice one, Robotic Bean! =)

ncurry

10 Sep 2016

Congrats on your new release!

mbfrancis

11 Sep 2016

Wow what a cool device, well done.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

O1B

11 Sep 2016

Freeze and Zoom… Nice. Toggle. Sweet.

Bought and downloading now. EP's M4 Scope is sweet but sometimes, I end up making 4 of them, and just making use of a "Column"
This is much more conducive in those moments.

Congrats, RB!

buddard
RE Developer

11 Sep 2016

ncurry wrote:Congrats on your new release!
Thanks Nick, and also a big thank you for the help with the video voiceover and script!

buddard
RE Developer

11 Sep 2016

stp2015 wrote:Love the idea, dont like the color scheme. These to different types of Green hurt my eyes...[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] Maybe just Grey or White ish for the device would be nicer. Also would be cool to order the colors of the lines to match those of synchronous (and just put Green last) ---- just my personal wish list, but is a really nice device otherwise.
Haha, sorry about eye strain! :puf_bigsmile:

I had a more discrete color scheme for the curves early on, but I found that it was pretty difficult telling them apart. So I decided to go for Cyan, Magenta and Yellow from the CMYK color model, and Red and Green from the RGB color model (Blue got really dark). I added the "rainbow sticker" to the front panel to make it more obvious which channel corresponds to which curve in the display -- Before I did that it was a bit of trial and error to find the curve you wanted to tweak.

I actually never thought of Synchronous, maybe matching that color scheme (and adding green) would have been a good idea. But anyway, I don't think I will be bothered to change it now since I would have to redo the video, the user guide, all the screenshots...

O1B

11 Sep 2016

The addition of 'Mute' knobs was very slick.
Compare's a Great Partner to Pulsar (well, two Pulsars) ….. (a lot easier to 'search' for Kompare than Compare.

… and, although I could've done it before, automating Offset in Compare is so much fun!
Great Resoulution, btw.

If you do change color scheme, consider maybe matching it to Pulsar. It's 85% of the way there. no rush. Enjoy the Finish:

Green seems the theme for CV:

MannequinRaces

11 Sep 2016

Congrats! The green is a little vibrant but not too off-putting.

challism

11 Sep 2016

Congrats RB! You guys always put out such useful tools. :)
It's so much fun to be able to run this with Synchronous, Shape, Ammo, Little LFO and Pulsar!!!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

stp2015

11 Sep 2016

buddard wrote:
stp2015 wrote:Love the idea, dont like the color scheme. These to different types of Green hurt my eyes...[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] Maybe just Grey or White ish for the device would be nicer. Also would be cool to order the colors of the lines to match those of synchronous (and just put Green last) ---- just my personal wish list, but is a really nice device otherwise.
Haha, sorry about eye strain! :puf_bigsmile:

I had a more discrete color scheme for the curves early on, but I found that it was pretty difficult telling them apart. So I decided to go for Cyan, Magenta and Yellow from the CMYK color model, and Red and Green from the RGB color model (Blue got really dark). I added the "rainbow sticker" to the front panel to make it more obvious which channel corresponds to which curve in the display -- Before I did that it was a bit of trial and error to find the curve you wanted to tweak.

I actually never thought of Synchronous, maybe matching that color scheme (and adding green) would have been a good idea. But anyway, I don't think I will be bothered to change it now since I would have to redo the video, the user guide, all the screenshots...
To be clear, i am not annoyed by any of the colors on their own, but you have two different things going on that are "dissonant".

The background Green and the logo and the mute buttons + yellow lights are fine on their own.

Similarly, the four synchronous like colours are fine on their own. But together these two color schemes are a bit like hitting c and c Sharp and maybe d at the same time.

I still think it is a great device, but I find that i am most creative when working with res that also look pleasant. Otherwise i tend to hide them in combinatoris, even if i am not combinig then with anything [emoji23] but that is probably just me...

Ps: i just got your New cv switch version with keyboard control and it is pretty sweet in combination with synchronous. Mostly to switch between the different curves, almost gives synchronous something like pattern switching.

Koshdukai

25 Sep 2016

stp2015 wrote: To be clear, i am not annoyed by any of the colors on their own, but you have two different things going on that are "dissonant".

The background Green and the logo and the mute buttons + yellow lights are fine on their own.
hmmm... maybe a dark grey background would help or maybe something like Pulsar's creme/yellow'ish lighter background sections.

buddard
RE Developer

05 Jan 2018

Compare has been updated to 1.0.1 with a bug fix: I discovered that channels would not respond correctly to attenuator/offset changes while receiving a constant CV value.

• Information