Ozone Maximizer Soft mode: Anyone try it?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
The Real Deanc2000

22 Sep 2016

Has anyone tried this mode on the Ozone Maximizer?

I've been struggling with my latest song, which by the way is my Expanse Song Challenge entry, and trying to make it sound louder without compromising the sound quality of it.

I was initially trying to use the Onyx maximizer, using the Tube mode, but it started sounding compressed and distorted with only a middling amount of increase in volume.

Then I tried the Ozone maximizer. I tried the IRC1 and 2, but they seemed similar, and then I tried the Soft limiting mode. It made my song much louder, before it started to show gain reduction.

So the SOFT mode was really a life saver for me this time. Anyone try using the Ozone Maximizer soft mode in their music? What do you think of it?

Loque

22 Sep 2016

I mostly go with IRC2, except i want some warmness added or need realtime without latency. But after your post i will give it some more tries.

Btw: I had similar problems with eXpanse and i think that came from all those unison sounds with big wideness, that seem to cancel out during mastering - just a guess....
Reason12, Win10

• Information