Poll: What is most important in a synth rack extension?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

What is most important in a synth rack extension?

CPU / DSP Usage
9%
Custom Display Usage
1%
Developer Reputation
0%
Envelopes
1%
Filters
7%
Number Included Presets
3%
Sound Designers Reputation
1%
LFOs
1%
Accurate Emulation of Classic Synth
3%
Modulation Capabilities
8%
Onboard Effects
1%
Oscillators
6%
Port of Popular VST
2%
Unique Features
13%
User Interface Funtional Layout
8%
User Interface Looks
5%
CV Modulation Capabilities
5%
Preset Quality
8%
Overall Sound
17%

Total votes: 432
GRIFTY

27 Sep 2016

But my main need is for a synth to be able to QUICKLY sound massive AF. Not after tinkering for a half hour or adding a bunch of effects to taste or turning seventeen knobs. I need a synth to be huge and crazy immediately and give me the ability to tweak the hugeness and craziness

Lov2sing

27 Sep 2016

I like this because it shows what is important to us which should help PH and developers not waste their time on devices we are no even thinking about. I chose besides good sound, CPU usage, and good presets overall looks. The reason is if it is a hard color after working for long periods of time my eyes get tired. I know it is a problem for me but color can make it hard to read things quickly. Personally I rather have real hardware looking devices but that my own preference. The other thing I chose was VST ports due to I would love Soundtoys, Waves and UA plus the rest of Soft-tube in Reason.
We make music for a reason

Loque

27 Sep 2016

Where all the votes for crying after VST ports :-D
Reason12, Win10

frog974new

28 Sep 2016

Skullture wrote:I like the outcome of this poll. Unique features and overall sound quality are the most important aspects for all I care.
Regarding the high CPU usage, if Props were to introduce a freezing function this could be solved you know. Hopefully we'd see such a feature in Reason 9.2.
freezing feature ,may be the wrong way .
i prefer PH give to developpers all tools and help with new SDk .

and most important point ^^ , some developpers can reach both good performance dsp with good quality sound . Zvork a small dev. do a great work with his last Oberon. Now dev. like as Rob Papen or Letric Panda also have often update or their Re to improve the CPU display .. The Nostromo when i try i find it pretty well optimize for a complex wavetable .

my 2ts ,
what's the most important for a composer , a tool to be creatif or a tool to reproduce a sound from all those mainstream generic music ..?
for me quality sound its a bit subjective , its all about the hype

JerrelTheKing

29 Sep 2016

I definitely agree with Skullture about the last few Synths. The Legend and Expanse are the right direction in every way. I'm head over heels for those 2.

mbfrancis

29 Sep 2016

This is a very useful poll, well crafted. I wish preset quality was higher (if I don't like the presets, I'm not buying), but there you go.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

• Information