Keyboard following EQ

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pinton

22 Oct 2016

Does anyone know if there is an EQ which has keyboard follow capabilities? I know etch red has keyboard follow but that's a filter.

Loque

22 Oct 2016

Grab the note from Thor or RPG8 within a Combinator, than use the CV signal to control your EQ.
Reason12, Win10

tronam

22 Oct 2016

pinton wrote:Does anyone know if there is an EQ which has keyboard follow capabilities? I know etch red has keyboard follow but that's a filter.
In my experience so far Synapse GQ-7 is the only one that scales properly for note CV input, allowing for keyboard tracking of its filters.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

selig
RE Developer

22 Oct 2016

tronam wrote:
pinton wrote:Does anyone know if there is an EQ which has keyboard follow capabilities? I know etch red has keyboard follow but that's a filter.
In my experience so far Synapse GQ-7 is the only one that scales properly for note CV input, allowing for keyboard tracking of its filters.
Testing this now, and GQ-7 does not follow CV from Matrix Note CV accurately - what did you use to get accurate tracking?

FWIW, here's a "tracking EQ" I created using the MClass EQ and Thor, which tracks MIDI notes from the main sequencer or a live controller:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/147 ... EQ.cmb.zip
Selig Audio, LLC

Shokstar

22 Oct 2016

here can you use my Combinator Patch.

How to use:

1. add a seq. lane for the combinator
2. play a note on your keyboard
3. dial the rotary 1 in the at the combinator to match the unwanted frequency.
4. use the Attack to make it more smooth, if you like it more gentle

COMBINATOR PATCH
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3j2ui8gyilzi ... Q.cmb?dl=0

MANUAL DYNAMIC EQ
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zm9vfpl5vq7uq ... Q.cmb?dl=0

pinton

22 Oct 2016

Cheers guys. Yes, I thought about doing a manual CV style one but just thought at least one of the many EQ rack extensions would have it built in. An opportunity for a dev there.

selig
RE Developer

22 Oct 2016

pinton wrote:Cheers guys. Yes, I thought about doing a manual CV style one but just thought at least one of the many EQ rack extensions would have it built in. An opportunity for a dev there.
Indeed… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Benedict
Competition Winner

22 Oct 2016

selig wrote:
pinton wrote:Cheers guys. Yes, I thought about doing a manual CV style one but just thought at least one of the many EQ rack extensions would have it built in. An opportunity for a dev there.
Indeed… ;)
So Selig you are telling us you are making

LOL
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

8cros

23 Oct 2016

I wanted to make combos with MIDI trigger for frequencies. But I'm not sure it's good. This equalizer is suitable for monophonic sound. Polyphony is not very accurate work with such an equalizer.
Maybe there is a special application, but I dropped the idea. :puf_unhappy:
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

Loque

23 Oct 2016

8cros wrote:
I wanted to make combos with MIDI trigger for frequencies. But I'm not sure it's good. This equalizer is suitable for monophonic sound. Polyphony is not very accurate work with such an equalizer.
You could try Distributor with several EQs for polyphony.
Reason12, Win10

8cros

23 Oct 2016

Loque wrote:
8cros wrote:
You could try Distributor with several EQs for polyphony.
Equalizers consume resources. Set three EQ is much more difficult.
Use multiple Re for only one EQ for many tracks. My project will be overloaded.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

selig
RE Developer

23 Oct 2016

Benedict wrote:
selig wrote:
Indeed… ;)
So Selig you are telling us you are making

LOL
Surfer is different from key follow (though it can also do that) - cool company, btw, chatted with them at the last (2015) AES and reviewed Drum Leveler for Recording Magazine. The latency required for this process would be difficult to deal with in the Reason environment.

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information