Rob Papen to release new RE in 2017 based on PREDATOR 2 features

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

24 Nov 2016

Rob Papen 2017.png
Rob Papen 2017.png (30.37 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Skullture

24 Nov 2016

Well spotted, already looking forward to this :puf_bigsmile:

XysteR

24 Nov 2016

Awesome news! Just like his other instruments - I'll be all over it on release day :D

The_G

24 Nov 2016

So a stripped down version of Predator 2 or something different?
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Karim
Competition Winner

25 Nov 2016

pjeudy wrote:Rob Papen 2017.png
Awesome but sad at the same time..

This reminds me of how far still must do our sdk to keep up with these days :roll:
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

scratchnsnifff

16 Mar 2017

Anyone know of it will be a predator RE update or a whole new device???
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

miscend

17 Mar 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:Anyone know of it will be a predator RE update or a whole new device???
It's a new device according to what they said.

miscend

17 Mar 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:Anyone know of it will be a predator RE update or a whole new device???
It's a new device according to what they said. They would have said update if it was otherwise.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

17 Mar 2017

Good news that it's a new device. If they're using the new SDK and upgraded Predator with it the rest of us who are on R8.3 and below would have yet another RE plucked from our purchase power!

scratchnsnifff

17 Mar 2017

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:Good news that it's a new device. If they're using the new SDK and upgraded Predator with it the rest of us who are on R8.3 and below would have yet another RE plucked from our purchase power!
Is it bad because that just made my day? (Not the bad part, but predator getting sample import) imo I think people should upgrade. Personally it feels like a whole new world for me :)

OverneathTheSkyBridg

17 Mar 2017

I'm only saying it's great that they're making it a completely different device so that those of us that haven't upgraded yet still have the opportunity to buy the old Predator. There was a big thread on how the new SDK being used by devs for upgrades shut the rest of us out of the older model, so it's good to see Rob Papen releasing this as a new device. If that was their motivation I'm not sure, but I will make sure I send them a message letting them know and will seriously consider buying to show my support. I'm not ready to upgrade Reason yet, but I'm only one version behind and shouldn't be made to miss out this early.

scratchnsnifff

17 Mar 2017

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:I'm only saying it's great that they're making it a completely different device so that those of us that haven't upgraded yet still have the opportunity to buy the old Predator. There was a big thread on how the new SDK being used by devs for upgrades shut the rest of us out of the older model, so it's good to see Rob Papen releasing this as a new device. If that was their motivation I'm not sure, but I will make sure I send them a message letting them know and will seriously consider buying to show my support. I'm not ready to upgrade Reason yet, but I'm only one version behind and shouldn't be made to miss out this early.

Honestly that's a cool thing for them to do on their part, I feel like nobody likes being excluded from REs

joeyluck

17 Mar 2017

Actually, Rob posted in the Rob Papen User Group on Facebook that they are updating the Predator RE with SDK 2.5!
Not sure if that will be in addition to delivering Predator 2 separately down the road...? But he said it will be including some Predator 2 features in addition to some features that SDK 2.5 allows.

tumar

18 Mar 2017

Karim wrote:
pjeudy wrote:Rob Papen 2017.png
Awesome but sad at the same time..

This reminds me of how far still must do our sdk to keep up with these days :roll:
It can't even keep up with original Predator 1, which is quite old already.

riemac

18 Mar 2017

When I understand Noel's post on Reasonistas correct there will be an update of Predator RE to version 2.0 with SDK 2.5.
Later in 2017 there will be a new synth from Rob Papen with other Predator 2.0 features, maybe morphing and custom oscillators, who knows.
Predator RE V2.jpg
Predator RE V2.jpg (130.08 KiB) Viewed 2768 times

Reasonistas
RE Developer

18 Mar 2017

Here are some more details about the Predator-Re update directly from Rob himself:

1. It is a free update, but only compatible with Reason 9 since Re SDK 2.5 is not compatible with earlier versions of Reason.
2. Added 64 new waveforms, new unison modes, improved reverb code, drag and drop for the mod matrix and a range of cool new presets.
3. New waveforms are built using Predator 2.0. Rob also analyzed the JP-8 saw and square for the waveforms.
Predator-Re Update.jpg
Predator-Re Update.jpg (131.66 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
ImageImage

Majestik Monkey

18 Mar 2017

Noel G. wrote:Here are some more details about the Predator-Re update directly from Rob himself:

1. It is a free update, but only compatible with Reason 9 since Re SDK 2.5 is not compatible with earlier versions of Reason.
2. Added 64 new waveforms, new unison modes, improved reverb code, drag and drop for the mod matrix and a range of cool new presets.
3. New waveforms are built using Predator 2.0. Rob also analyzed the JP-8 saw and square for the waveforms.

Predator-Re Update.jpg

Thanks Noel ' & this is why Rob has such a Good reputation :thumbs_up:

Marc64

19 Mar 2017

Predator is my fav synth and I will be looking forward to the update :)

fieldframe
RE Developer

19 Mar 2017

Really nice to see one of the first major REs that came out getting updated in 2017, taking advantage of some of the newer SDK features like nested menus and drag-and-drop. Thanks Rob!

scratchnsnifff

22 Mar 2017

I am dying to use rob papen a wave modifier like the PM setting on a user sampleeeeee either way il be excited for the update AND OR a new RP device

scratchnsnifff

22 Mar 2017

Noel G. wrote:Here are some more details about the Predator-Re update directly from Rob himself:

Predator-Re Update.jpg
Can you ask him if any of his work will happen r the waveform modifiers in conjunction with sample loading :D

joeyluck

23 Mar 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:

Predator-Re Update.jpg
Can you ask him if any of his work will happen r the waveform modifiers in conjunction with sample loading :D
You're free to ask him too ;)
This is all stuff he announced on Facebook:

You can reply to that post. And there is also a Rob Papen User Group if you're interested:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1411191995762530/

• Information