Blamsoft Expanse Or The Propellerheads Synthetic Bundle?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chrischrischris

26 Nov 2016

I was going to buy either The Expanse or Mono/Poly and Viking during the sales but I noticed that The Propellerheads Synthetic II Bundle is reduced to 149 Euros (about £120). (Unless the next big thing from Props comes out today)

https://shop.propellerheads.se/bundle/synthetic-rig-2/

I trialed The Viking ages ago and that at the time suited Me more than Antidote or Predator and I wasn't too convinced by My initial testing of the other two Rob Papen Synths. I trialed Expanse last month and Thought that it was great and that was before the little upgrades.

I was going to purchase Blamsoft's Resampler as well and I have always fancied getting into Boom 808 although I Think alot of that stuff is covered with R9's Peff Refill.

I know if I get The Bundle it will be just too much to handle at once but would anyone recomend Expanse over that lot for virtually the same money?

It's better to know one Synth inside out than 10 (or 22 in The Bundle!!!!) just a little bit, I'm sure but that deal is immense!!!! :shock: :?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom

Chris

Karim
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2016

As the saying goes: this Expanse is worth a thousand racks ..

An enthusiastic happy owner here :cool: :puf_bigsmile:
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

fieldframe
RE Developer

26 Nov 2016

Until Expanse came along, I considered Predator to be the most versatile and well-rounded synth available for Reason... So getting that along with Antidote, and a few other Papen synths, would vastly increase your sonic palette. And yet Expanse is also highly versatile by itself and can also do things none of those others can.

I would lean toward the rig for now, though, just because Expanse can get a little unwieldy as the sole synth in a project (ask anyone who participated in the song challenge!). I usually limit Expanse to 2-4 instances, backing with other synths, but Predator and others, being older technology, I can throw a bunch into a track without spiking the CPU.

In other words, I think you should eventually get Expanse because it's awesome, but I think it works best when you can surround it with a couple of older synths as well.

Mysterygrimms

26 Nov 2016

I just bought the Synthetic 2 Rig Bundle myself and contemplated buying Expanse. Go with the Rig Bundle for now, you also get Antidote along with Viking and Korg's Mono/Poly. I purchased the Polysix to go along with it.

Arrant
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2016

As good as Expanse is there are just so many goodies in that bundle to play around with. It's an insane deal really. The rig would be my choice, easily.

Emian

26 Nov 2016

i bought the synth rig version 1 and allready had Quad, Predator & Antidote when Props upgraded the rigs to version 2...

i also trialed eXpanse & made a track for the contest...

as much as i liked eXpanse; there is a LOT of value in the synth rig, not to mention the FX included like Buffre & 3Plex (insane delay unit ! ). Predator is versatile with a HUGE soundbank,MonoPoly & Viking are both very impressive ; & Antidote was the RE-synth-king for years ;)

so as mentioned, i'd buy the Synth Rig first, then eXpanse.... the rig will keep you happy for quite a while i guess ;)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2016

Ditto, Synth Rig before Expanse... you don't have to use it all at once, you get the ASK tutorials as well, TBH I think they are crap as tutorials but good to give you an overview of the stuff you have brought :)

shredmiyagi

26 Nov 2016

I already have Predator and Antidote, but I'm still considering the bundle. I'm a big fan of RP's synths, and Sub Bass and Quad had some nice sounds when I trialed them last year. Lame that I spent more on the 2 priciest synths in the bundle than this entire deal costs, and I just get them again with no 2nd license, but I suppose I still pay less than stock price.

Trying out Expanse, it's very nice sounding and has a more modern edge, but the bundle is a ridiculous deal in comparison. I can't imagine Reason without Predator. It's really much more of a joy to work with than Thor. I'm a little baffled PH hasn't updated their stock synths yet, cause RP/Synapse/Blamsoft blow them away by a mile.

chrischrischris

26 Nov 2016

Thanks for the advice. I just bought The Bundle.

I have already started Creating Patches on Mono/Poly!!!! Next stop Predator I Think:)

Chris

Mysterygrimms

26 Nov 2016

Wise choice Chris. Welcome to the Synthetic Bundle club. Enjoy!

shredmiyagi

26 Nov 2016

chrischrischris wrote:Thanks for the advice. I just bought The Bundle.

I have already started Creating Patches on Mono/Poly!!!! Next stop Predator I Think:)

Chris
Me too. :redface:

• Information