Executioner DJ Mixer - Mapping to Panorama P4

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Eski

07 Dec 2016

Hi all,

I bought the LAB ONE Recordings - Executioner DJ Mixer rack extension the other day and it's not brilliantly mapped to my Panorama P4.
The main problem that is annoying me is the '3 main cross faders' aren't mapped.

I'm hoping the rotary knobs on my P4 can act as cross faders?

So is this something that can be resolved using the code kindly supplied by Lizard here ?
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491466&p=223124&h ... er#p223124

Cheers in advance anyone.

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

08 Dec 2016

You should be able to swap some of the faders for the knobs to get what you're after. We've just had a look at the code, and can see the faders are being used for the levels and the xfader.

The template might need reworking so the same controls are on every page. The MAIN page looks like a good suitable entry point though to change Fader 7 / 8 / 9 to Knobs 1 / 2 / 3.

If you can try that see what happens. We don't have a Nektar P4, but we do use Novation Nocturn (its got a crossfader already so that helps more)

Eski

08 Dec 2016

Thanks for the reply and a great RE

I will look into these template changes when I get chance.
Also the 'Novation Nocturn' you mentioned looks reasonably priced, this is another option for me to look at.

Cheers

Lizard

08 Dec 2016

I'm not sure if the Executioner Remote Map is part of the standard map now but you can find here attached a copy of just the Executioner DJ code and nothing else. If you don't already have another map for it in your remotemap file then you should be able to copy the contents of this to your existing map and save. When you start Reason the device should be fully mapped. You will NOT be able to just copy from the forum as it has been observed there are formatting issues.
Executioner DJ.zip
(1.91 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
EDIT : On further review it looks as though the latest comes with a map. The remote map will not allow for two entries of a scope so you would need to remove the existing entry and copy the attached one. It does not need to be in the same place. You can copy to the end if you like. But the full exisiting must be removed. It will start with....

Scope LAB ONE Recordings co.uk.labonerecordings.Executioner

From that line all the way to the next "scope" would need to be removed.

Eski

10 Dec 2016

Brilliant !!! I got it working thanks to the 'zip' you supplied and the 3 RE sliders are mapped to the P4 controller sliders too which is a bonus for me. Thanks very much for your help Lizard it's much appreciated :)

Lizard

10 Dec 2016

Eski wrote:Brilliant !!! I got it working thanks to the 'zip' you supplied and the 3 RE sliders are mapped to the P4 controller sliders too which is a bonus for me. Thanks very much for your help Lizard it's much appreciated :)
No problem. If you need something modified for your need let me know.

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

12 Dec 2016

Thanks Lizard for the help too, appreciated

• Information