New synth from Skrock Music?? KRAFT

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Despondo
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2016

Saw this on TritoneAddiction's Soundcloud page:

"I've only used Kraft for all synth sounds in this one. Kraft is a Reason synth by Skrock Music."

PARTIAL IMAGE....
Last edited by Despondo on 16 Dec 2016, edited 2 times in total.

eusti

16 Dec 2016

Nice! :)

D.

Majestik Monkey

16 Dec 2016

Cool ' I like SkRock's stuff !

Wonder what the price tag is ?

eusti

16 Dec 2016

Majestik Monkey wrote:Cool ' I like SkRock's stuff !

Wonder what the price tag is ?
I would love to know what it can do first... (I mean, I like the sounds, but am always interested in other specs first...) ;)

D.

fieldframe
RE Developer

16 Dec 2016

It looks like MB has really stepped up his UI game! Even just this cropped image looks much better organized and clearer than some of the previous Skrock REs. Looking forward to trying it out.

EdGrip

16 Dec 2016

I thought Thermal was a big step up in UI quality. I'm still keen for a song competition for that one!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2016

Skrock made his own demo track too:

I've been a beta tester, but since I'm not much of a tweaker and didn't have too much time exploring the synth and its capabitilies I instead focused on putting a song together with it, mostly by tweaking patches.

So it's probably best I leave it up to Skrock himself to talk about it.

fieldframe
RE Developer

16 Dec 2016

EdGrip wrote:I thought Thermal was a big step up in UI quality. I'm still keen for a song competition for that one!
Compared to a lot of boutique hardware synths, which are often just a bunch of identical knobs, there's nothing per se wrong with Thermal... But next to synths that have a clear sense of functional separation, signal flow, and mental-model guidance, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Still, that's why I'm excited to see some new strides being made with Kraft. :)

EdGrip

16 Dec 2016

fieldframe wrote:
EdGrip wrote:I thought Thermal was a big step up in UI quality. I'm still keen for a song competition for that one!
Compared to a lot of boutique hardware synths, which are often just a bunch of identical knobs, there's nothing per se wrong with Thermal... But next to synths that have a clear sense of functional separation, signal flow, and mental-model guidance, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Still, that's why I'm excited to see some new strides being made with Kraft. :)
Yeah, it could be clearer understanding-wise. But aesthetically it's really solid and clean and nice. From this little screenshot, this one looks a tad low-contrast and peepy-peery-squinty for my tastes. But less so than all the older stock devices.

jayhosking

16 Dec 2016

Looks interesting. I don't know much about Skrock or the person behind it, but I've enjoyed playing with the developer's stuff quite a bit. It seems like there's an iterative thing going on, with Solaris being a more realized version of Aurora and KRAFT seeming like the next step after Solaris. Just from this image, I can see Skrock's added flanger and chorus to the unit, curve to the ADSR, and so on. I'll certainly try it out when I get a chance.

And now I'm off to find out how I can be a beta tester for Skrock!

Benedict
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2016

Kraft is great, I have made about 100 patches and a demo track.

Yes, the Skrock synths have been a bit iterative but each has brought out something a bit different. Kraft really manages to finesse these ideas in a synth that works. I once said to Marcus that if Subtractor was to disappear then I would vote for Kraft to replace it, I find Kraft that impressive and versatile. Sure Kraft isn't an uber-synth but, like Sub, it just manages to cover so much ground nicely and once you get the concepts, is inspiring. The sounds can rival some uber-synths too.

:)

In an interesting aside, Marcus and I were both working on the same concept for wave playing/generation at the same time. I had a working concept in the IDT development tool and then Marcus sent Kraft over. His take is marginally different but can effectively deliver the same results. Back in the late 80's I was getting my CZ to make monk chant sounds to drum beats. Bloody Enigma haha.
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

dhruan

16 Dec 2016

Owwwwww... love the sonic character of this one. Off to my buy list then :)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

jayhosking

16 Dec 2016

Benedict wrote:Yes, the Skrock synths have been a bit iterative but each has brought out something a bit different.
Hey, I'm not complaining. I use Aurora and Solaris regularly, and the Skrock stuff has been pretty consistently up my alley, sonically speaking. Plus I'm always happy to support a developer making improvements on their ideas for a reasonable price.

Karim
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2016

Despondo wrote:Saw this on TritoneAddiction's Soundcloud page:

"I've only used Kraft for all synth sounds in this one. Kraft is a Reason synth by Skrock Music."

PARTIAL IMAGE....
I own every single rack from Shrok. I'm curious for this one now

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Bonkhead

17 Dec 2016

That Kraft Demo Song is amazing ! Who made it ?

Despondo
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2016

Bonkhead wrote:That Kraft Demo Song is amazing ! Who made it ?
I assume TritoneAddiction since it is on their soundcloud link. Unless you are referring to the other demo which is by the developer.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2016

Despondo wrote:
I assume TritoneAddiction since it is on their soundcloud link. Unless you are referring to the other demo which is by the developer.
Correct, I wrote the Kraft Demo Song and Skrock Music (the developer) wrote Dreaming Of Kraft.

Glad you like it Bonkhead :)

Sympleman

17 Dec 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:
Despondo wrote:
Correct, I wrote the Kraft Demo Song and Skrock Music (the developer) wrote Dreaming Of Kraft.

Glad you like it Bonkhead :)
Both in which are very well done! :thumbs_up:

Majestik Monkey

17 Dec 2016

There's only 1 question to ask !

Where's the Freaking Download Link :puf_bigsmile:

Mysterygrimms

17 Dec 2016

When does this synth hit the Prop Shop? I already own Orbis, Aurora and Solaris.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
Last edited by Mysterygrimms on 17 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

jayhosking

18 Dec 2016

Mysterygrimms wrote:When does this synth hit the Prop Shop? I already own Orbis, Aurora and Solaris.
Yeah, I'm similarly excited to get my hands on this.

Skrock
RE Developer

20 Dec 2016

New demo track :)
K Dist.png
K Dist.png (259.47 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
https://www.skrockmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/derekstrike
https://soundcloud.com/marcusbits
I make music in Reason using using Skrock synths and the creative tools from other developers!

Benedict
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2016

Here is my demo track

(there is an album to follow)

UPDATE: forgot to explain that this was made with an early version of Kraft so some features didn't exist at the time. 100% of sounds are from Kraft. Drums do have a Ring Mod over them to bring out some freqs and provide movement.

:)
Last edited by Benedict on 20 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

qn5

20 Dec 2016

That TritoneAddiction demo is flames.
Can't wait to use this one.
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

• Information