Radical Piano 1.04 in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
stfual

30 Jan 2017

But no description of what the 1.04 changes are .

Ottostrom

30 Jan 2017

Probably just a bug fix, but thanks for the heads up!

miscend

30 Jan 2017

I don't use this as much as I had hoped. Reason Pianos is more authentic but not as easily tweakable.

EdGrip

30 Jan 2017

I wish I'd bought Emotional Piano instead, for what little time I play with piano sounds.

Ottostrom

30 Jan 2017

EdGrip wrote:I wish I'd bought Emotional Piano instead, for what little time I play with piano sounds.
I own both and I can tell you right now that in terms of usability and sound, Radical wins every time. Emotional Piano CAN sound quite good, but the volume varies so much from sample to sample that you are always on the edge of clipping. The Radical Piano doesn't just sound like a bunch of samples getting activated and that's what I love about it.

slightlyprog

30 Jan 2017

I use it a lot but that's because most of my songs are based around piano and sometimes the Radical pianos have just the right character to cut through in a busy mix.

Creativemind

30 Jan 2017

stfual wrote:But no description of what the 1.04 changes are .
Bit annoying, I find that with Reason releases too, they don't tend to list EVERY feature they've implemented and they should. Can't remember what it was now but something had been added in 8.3 and I never knew until someone told me in a thread, I'd had it for 3 months before I knew.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2017

Creativemind wrote:
stfual wrote:But no description of what the 1.04 changes are .
Bit annoying, I find that with Reason releases too, they don't tend to list EVERY feature they've implemented and they should. Can't remember what it was now but something had been added in 8.3 and I never knew until someone told me in a thread, I'd had it for 3 months before I knew.
Totally annoying...

I can't see any physical changes so it must be bug fixes...

I have posted on their FB page lets see if we get an answer...

Fretless Fingers

31 Jan 2017

I can confirm this is a bug fix.
I reported on this sometime back and others had similar issues where RP would crash upon reopening certain a songfiles. It was replicated, confirmed, and passed on way back when and apparently the update was supposed to be posted awhile back but got lost somewhere in the chain. The new SDK surely was involved but all is well now.
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

mguh22

31 Jan 2017

Can anyone confirm if this new update requires Reason 9.2 now?

tiker01

31 Jan 2017

If it is not on the shop page than no it is not.

BTW shop knows your Reason version and won't allow you to buy/download upgrade not compatible with your Reason version.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

doctecazoid

31 Jan 2017

I asked PH on their Facebook page about what is new or was changed in the Radical Piano 1.0.4 update, I got a reply from Stefan today:

"Fixed a bug in one of the patches!"

So it's just a maintenance upgrade, no new features & nothing changed that was related to the SDK update as far as I can tell.

joeyluck

31 Jan 2017

doctecazoid wrote:I asked PH on their Facebook page about what is new or was changed in the Radical Piano 1.0.4 update, I got a reply from Stefan today:

"Fixed a bug in one of the patches!"

So it's just a maintenance upgrade, no new features & nothing changed that was related to the SDK update as far as I can tell.
And I think it might have just been the name of a patch. I remember there being a patch with what seemed like random characters in the name...

I was hoping it would be something like including transpose in the tune section. Even though we can transpose with Note Echo now, it would be nice to include on the device itself, especially since there is room for it :puf_smile:

Lov2sing

01 Feb 2017

Fretless Fingers wrote:I can confirm this is a bug fix.
I reported on this sometime back and others had similar issues where RP would crash upon reopening certain a songfiles. It was replicated, confirmed, and passed on way back when and apparently the update was supposed to be posted awhile back but got lost somewhere in the chain. The new SDK surely was involved but all is well now.
I have this and it has a smoother feel if that makes any sense. Beside that Mr Fretless it is good to see you're reviewing however it would be nice if you did your week in review for imo you were the best at it. I learned more and it just made sense how your format ran.
We make music for a reason

Ottostrom

01 Feb 2017

joeyluck wrote: And I think it might have just been the name of a patch. I remember there being a patch with what seemed like random characters in the name...

I was hoping it would be something like including transpose in the tune section. Even though we can transpose with Note Echo now, it would be nice to include on the device itself, especially since there is room for it :puf_smile:
That would definitely be a welcome addition! :)
I usually automate the pitchwheel when I want to transpose it, but that also changes the whole sound. The effect is quite nice when you pitch it down, since the sound of the piano becomes more soft and mellow.

• Information