U He regarding more Rack Extensions.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Galaxy

20 Feb 2017

Lowlifebware wrote:
Galaxy wrote:
Lowlifebware wrote:
Galaxy wrote:If and when he does come back to the format the first thing he must do is fix the existing bugs with his reverb.
Go on then, indulge me, what bugs are there in the Reverb? If it's actual bugs then can you give me the steps to reproduce please? Otherwise, if you read this elsewhere then a link to that post will do.

Many thanks
There's a bug when using the reverb in higher sample rates than 44.1. The plate algorithm changes back to default after a song is saved and reopend. It will still say it's the algo that was saved, but the sound is actually the default. I think there's also an issue with the EQ not behaving properly. :evil:

Such a good reverb, but not reliable in sample rates higher than 44.1.
Sorry for the delay, just got round to checking this today. I cannot reproduce the bug you speak of at any sample rate. Are you on a Mac?
Im not sure if it's platform specific. You change settings, save Reason file, reopen and they are changed to default. You can't see the change cause it looks the same. Algo looks like how you saved it, but sounds default.

scratchnsnifff

23 Feb 2017

I just want them to give us zebra!!! Haha pretty dittily please????
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

ivar

23 Feb 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:I just want them to give us zebra!!! Haha pretty dittily please????
they are doing a new version of zebra right now. i asked them some time ago about a reason port, but they had no plans.
it is easy to bring in vst programms data into reason, so there is no need for a port.

regards
ivar

scratchnsnifff

24 Feb 2017

ivar wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:I just want them to give us zebra!!! Haha pretty dittily please????
they are doing a new version of zebra right now. i asked them some time ago about a reason port, but they had no plans.
it is easy to bring in vst programms data into reason, so there is no need for a port.

regards
ivar

I'm confused if it is easy for them to bring programming data into reason why would there be no need for it? Are you saying that if I want zebra the only way I could do it is through the the online wizardry of using the external midi thing ? Do you get what I mean? I feel like the reason community would love a reason version zebra :)

ivar

24 Feb 2017

hi
yes i meant the external midi thing (getting audio and midi into reason from an external source.) every u-he rack extension is welcome for me, aslong it is not a reduced version. maybee with the SDK it is possible now to make a complete port.

scratchnsnifff

24 Feb 2017

ivar wrote:hi
yes i meant the external midi thing (getting audio and midi into reason from an external source.) every u-he rack extension is welcome for me, aslong it is not a reduced version. maybee with the SDK it is possible now to make a complete port.

That's kinda what I was thinking/hoping haha

pedrocaetanos

24 Feb 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Reason could do with a quality flanger as well as a quality tape emulation. I've got Uhbik-F but have never really fallen in love with it
There several to choose from, and also chorus units capable of flanging. Depends on what sound you want I suppose... But already lot's of options to try.

I also have got Uhbik-F. To me the main issue is the massive amount of CPU it burns, it's the heavier of all Uhbiks.
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

decibel

24 Feb 2017

wonder if synapse will bring dune 2 to RE format now that the sdk has been updated ?

pedrocaetanos

24 Feb 2017

fieldframe wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
ivar wrote: better plugins than then u-he ?
have you ever worked with their synths? name me one RE that can beat DIVA or ZEBRA.
Depends what you mean by "beat" doesn't it

If someone is making amazing music with Subtractor, and someone is making shitty music with Zebra, then Subtractor beats Zebra (and vice versa)

The rest is all just little boys having a pissing contest
Well, there's the pretty standard Music Greatness Points benchmark. Most of the top synths on the market right now have a theoretical throughput of about 800-1100 Music Greatness Points, with ones like Serum being capable of hitting 1200 on paper (though there are no confirmed instances of this, despite what Deadmau5 may have Instagrammed). Historically, there are of course stories of Malcolm Cecil's TONTO installation passing 1700 in isolated tests, though the measurement equipment wasn't quite as accurate back then as it is now, so who knows.
Vangelis with his modern custom setup including 6 Yamaha CS-80's withe CV converters around the Zyklus Midi Performance System easily makes between 1600-th 1800 Music Greatness Points.
And several experts estimate that the combined throughput of his memorable Nemo Studios passed the 2000 mark in the golden ages, becoming perhaps the first studios in history to reach SuperGreatnessMk2 status.
No measurement has ever been done however, as he is very reclusive.

And by the way, that post of yours, Fieldframe, has passed the 1000 Funny Greatness Points level :)
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

EnochLight

24 Feb 2017

pedrocaetanos wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Reason could do with a quality flanger as well as a quality tape emulation. I've got Uhbik-F but have never really fallen in love with it
There several to choose from, and also chorus units capable of flanging. Depends on what sound you want I suppose... But already lot's of options to try.

I also have got Uhbik-F. To me the main issue is the massive amount of CPU it burns, it's the heavier of all Uhbiks.
Your quote is messed up - I never said that. I do want a quality tape emulation (like Satin) though! ;) :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

pedrocaetanos

25 Feb 2017

EnochLight wrote:
pedrocaetanos wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:

Your quote is messed up - I never said that. I do want a quality tape emulation (like Satin) though! ;) :lol:
Sorry Enoch, that was dvdrtldg.
I wouldn't mind Satin either, but I bet it burns even more CPU than the flanger.
And I wonder if ART tape isn't more or less enough. You don't like it?

EnochLight

25 Feb 2017

pedrocaetanos wrote: Sorry Enoch, that was dvdrtldg.
No worries! :)
pedrocaetanos wrote:I wouldn't mind Satin either, but I bet it burns even more CPU than the flanger.
And I wonder if ART tape isn't more or less enough. You don't like it?
Satin isn't too harsh on the CPU, but I generally only use 1 instance for the entire master bus. I do use ART sometimes still - it's a fantastic little device - but nowhere near the quality and feature richness of Satin, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

The_G

26 Feb 2017

All this could be solved if Props created a "VST rack unit." Just sayin'... :P

(I know, I know. Not happening anytime soon.)
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

AzureEyes

27 Feb 2017

The_G wrote:All this could be solved if Props created a "VST rack unit." Just sayin'... :P

(I know, I know. Not happening anytime soon.)
Not happening at all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The_G

27 Feb 2017

AzureEyes wrote: Not happening at all
That was what we call "dry humor." I know it isn't happening in the foreseeable future. They are making money off the centralized RE market and are as likely to change that as Apple is to license third-party Macs.

But it *would in fact* solve the problem, and keep a lot of people (who love Reason's workflow but want to use their VSTs) tied to the platform. So whether it's likely or not, it would be a good idea. :)
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

• Information