Reveal Sound ReSpire in the shop x $59 !!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mind2069

05 May 2017

chk071 wrote:I wouldn't disregard the thought though. At least i could imagine that there's something like that to it. I mean, imagine it. You're working on the RE port of your VST synth for a year now, and suddenly PH comes out that the next version of Reason will support VST. For free, for all customers. At least i would have doh'd quite a bit with such an announcement.

And, yes, i do know that RE supports SOME additional things possible in Reason. Frankly, it's not too much though, which would justify putting an awful amount of work in porting your synth to a totally new (for you) platform, which you also have to learn as a developer.
Yeah you sound way more reasonable than someone just throwing a pointless comment that kinda sucks, like if speculation was not a part of life, and you can see my speculations is not so out extravagant, not like im saying aliens were involved in this
XysteR wrote:I think the speculation on here (as usual) sucks....
Do you have any explanation having to release a product so buggy and missing basic features at a ridiculous price, it was needed to be pulled out of the shop, barely at the same time 9.5 vst's were annouced.

Yeah some things really suck
Last edited by mind2069 on 05 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

XysteR

05 May 2017

I think Loque, others and myself who've been noodling with ReSpire for some time now, would all agree: This is NOT a $59 synth! Even in the sales. I genuinely get a feeling it should have been $30 off introductory price, price blunder comes to light then removed..

Oquasec

05 May 2017

Tried the vst version a few months back, gonna have to pass on it. [Both versions]
I want them to cut the price of the plugins I'm listing:
Synchronus
Oberon
REStrings
Lumina
Zero

[These are up next on my to get list way later]
Last edited by Oquasec on 05 May 2017, edited 4 times in total.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

mind2069

05 May 2017

XysteR wrote:I think Loque, others and myself who've been noodling with ReSpire for some time now, would all agree: This is NOT a $59 synth! Even in the sales. I genuinely get a feeling it should have been $30 off introductory price, price blunder comes to light then removed..
A price blunder would not require a product to be removed from the shop, you can reprice it in an instant

PSoames

05 May 2017

Maybe it's $59 for the broken version and $189 for the one that works. ;)

XysteR

05 May 2017

mind2069 wrote:
chk071 wrote:I wouldn't disregard the thought though. At least i could imagine that there's something like that to it. I mean, imagine it. You're working on the RE port of your VST synth for a year now, and suddenly PH comes out that the next version of Reason will support VST. For free, for all customers. At least i would have doh'd quite a bit with such an announcement.

And, yes, i do know that RE supports SOME additional things possible in Reason. Frankly, it's not too much though, which would justify putting an awful amount of work in porting your synth to a totally new (for you) platform, which you also have to learn as a developer.
Yeah you sound way more reasonable than someone just throwing a pointless comment that kinda sucks, like if speculation was not a part of life, and you can see my speculations is not so out extravagant, not like im saying aliens were involved in this
XysteR wrote:I think the speculation on here (as usual) sucks....
Do you have any explanation having to release a product so buggy and missing basic features at a ridiculous price, it was needed to be pulled out of the shop, barely at the same time 9.5 vst's were annouced.

Yeah some things really suck
So buggy? i've used it since the second it was released and up to now it's working fine and sounds out of this fookin' world?!? Even if anything does arise, this is the first version. Sure, a bug or two may rear its ugly head, but give them a chance ffs!

Dude, read through the comments in this thread, wingers as always. It's no wonder a lot of VST devs don't want anything to do with rack extensions with this bunch of fucking wingers crying like babies.

Well done Reveal Sound on an awesome synth! Thank you personally for taking a chance on an Re version. Your work really has been greatly appreciated by the vast majority of us Reason users. Unfortunately, IN LIFE we just can't escape the mewling whinger brigade

RequiemMachine

05 May 2017

I was never really wow'd by the VST...so was only a little excited about the RE. Its a solid synth for sure...and will be great for some. The "preview" release has killed off what little excitement I had..as did the bare back panel. First impressions do actually matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Reason+ / Ableton Live / VCV Rack 2 pro
Producer/Artist of Sasquatch Cloaking Technology
Musican ~ Illustrator ~ Professional Napper

PSoames

05 May 2017

XysteR wrote:
So buggy? i've used it since the second it was released and up to now it's working fine and sounds out of this fookin' world?!? Even if anything does arise, this is the first version. Sure, a bug or two may rear its ugly head, but give them a chance ffs!

Dude, read through the comments in this thread, wingers as always. It's no wonder a lot of VST devs don't want anything to do with rack extensions with this bunch of fucking wingers crying like babies.

Well done Reveal Sound on an awesome synth! Thank you personally for taking a chance on an Re version. Your work really has been greatly appreciated by the vast majority of us Reason users. Unfortunately, IN LIFE we just can't escape the mewling whinger brigade
I like people like you. It makes the "magic bean" market so much easier.

Getchya beans! Magic beans! Just one cow for an 'andful. How about you me darlin'. You look like you're in need of a good strong stalk!

alex

05 May 2017

chk071 wrote: You're kidding right? Even without CV, $59 is the bargain of the year...
This ^^
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

mind2069

05 May 2017

XysteR wrote:

EnochLight wrote:*UPDATE*

They know they blundered. They're working on fixing things before releasing to the shop:
FULL_REVEAL.JPG
FULL_REVEAL.JPG (39.22 KiB) Viewed 2227 times
It was a valid speculation, I never once had any disrespect, unlike you

Price blunder, wow, a minute fix, and the admission is quite clear

You should read throught the post and not just the ones that you agree with

Now I will have some disrespect after your "suck" message, You sound like a crybaby fanboy, I will let you play with respire and let you believe you own fantasies.

fieldframe
RE Developer

05 May 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
EnochLight wrote: It's literally only usable at 44.1kHz, and with no automation tracks.
I don't know enough about RE application architecture to guess - is this something that could be a simple oversight from forgetting to use, say, a sample-rate adjustment API, or does this hint at an underlying misunderstanding of how to port to RE?

XysteR

05 May 2017

mind2069 wrote:
XysteR wrote:

EnochLight wrote:*UPDATE*

They know they blundered. They're working on fixing things before releasing to the shop:
FULL_REVEAL.JPG

It was a valid speculation, I never once had any disrespect, unlike you

Price blunder, wow, a minute fix, and the admission is quite clear

You should read throught the post and not just the ones that you agree with

Now I will have some disrespect after your "suck" message, You sound like a crybaby fanboy, I will let you play with respire and let you believe you own fantasies.
I've been playing it all along. Still found NO bugs? Ok, you just keep on talking shite, i'll get back to more productive things instead of reading your dribble

lowpryo

05 May 2017

is this the reason shop version of the fyre festival?

miscend

05 May 2017

Damn I missed it. It's not in the shop anymore.

I think at £59 it's a bargain if there's feature parity with the VST. And I think they'll be good on their word to fix the bugs.

mind2069

05 May 2017

XysteR wrote:
I've been playing it all along. Still found NO bugs? Ok, you just keep on talking shite, i'll get back to more productive things instead of reading your dribble
FULL_REVEAL.JPG
FULL_REVEAL.JPG (39.22 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
Fact : removed from the shop
Fact : Spire clear admission

What world are you living in, youre still dissing the obvious, switch those dolphins for unicorns, price blunder, keep on dreaming fanboy

EnochLight

05 May 2017

XysteR wrote:I've been playing it all along. Still found NO bugs?
Perhaps it's platform specific? I'm not sure. But I'm on Windows 10 (64-bit) and the bugs are easily reproducible (and have been confirmed with their tech support). The sample rate issue, patches getting stuck notes while auditioning, lack of automation and high DSP use when automating...

All of this works fine for you?? If so, what are your hardware/OS specs?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

esselfortium

05 May 2017

mind2069 wrote:fanboy
Can we not crap up the forum with this? It's childish and totally irrelevant to the thread.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

mind2069

05 May 2017

esselfortium wrote:
mind2069 wrote:fanboy
Can we not crap up the forum with this? It's childish and totally irrelevant to the thread.
Youre right, I made a valid speculation, and he began fireing off with a you suck, I got caught in it , apologies

stp2015

05 May 2017

I have to say that I was quite surprised by the two big issues in this early version of Spire: automation lanes outside of the combinator cause extreme CPU spikes and the pitch is wrong when the sample rate is not 44.1 kHz.

However, I am equally as shocked about all the hate on this forum. Reveal sound are people. They were hit by a major surprise - the VST announcement. Even if they had a few weeks notice, this must have been quite bad news for them. Then they tried to speed things up and made a few mistakes along the way.

Now, they have pulled Spire. They have admitted their mistake publicly (on Facebook) and are now working on fixing it. Once that has happened, Spire will be one of the very best Synths on Reason, period. And if I have to wait a bit longer for the CV connections on the back, that is just fine. Even if they do not come, 59 USD for this fantastic synth is unbelievable.

Regarding the "price-blunder" theory: Reveal Sound had previously stated (on Facebook) that they were planning to make ReSpire VERY affordable on release. They also posted the intro price of 59 USD on their Facebook account. IMHO, it seems very unlikely that they entered the wrong price in the shop and then by mistake also announced this same wrong price on FB.

Lastly, there is some great news: No-one is forced to buy it. If you spent 59 USD on this today and you feel that you were tricked or sth. I suggest you email them and ask for a refund.

Oquasec

05 May 2017

Let the others be idiots. They are legit fellas. I'm just waiting because for one, this happened and two, it's still one of those recent recent synths.
Last edited by Oquasec on 05 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

EnochLight

05 May 2017

stp2015 wrote:Reveal sound are people. They were hit by a major surprise - the VST announcement. Even if they had a few weeks notice, this must have been quite bad news for them.
Not to digress, but they had far more than just a few weeks notice. As quoted by Propellerhead Mattias himself in the thread over at KVR: "We're not monsters!" ;) Fun fact: even though this hit public beta recently, it is extremely likely that this has been in the works for a looooong time.

That said, I'm sure the news did cause Reveal Sound to make an informed decision: either continue their work or write everything off as a loss that had been completed to date. I'm glad they chose to finish it, because there most certainly is still a market for the RE. And good on Reveal Sound for making it so cheap at launch! Assuming they fix the bugs and roll this out the right way, they're sure to win over some RE-only fans.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

05 May 2017

Well, it directly jumped on top of recently RE. I would say, most of us were waiting and i think a lot insta buyed it. I think they gonna make it and now they opened the Reason market to them. It may not be the biggest, but maybe at least with R10 it will be even bigger...
Reason12, Win10

adfielding

05 May 2017

XysteR wrote:Dude, read through the comments in this thread, wingers as always. It's no wonder a lot of VST devs don't want anything to do with rack extensions with this bunch of fucking wingers crying like babies.
I can understand the annoyance at people being overly critical, but a synth not working at any sample rate besides 44khz is a HUGE oversight, and I don't think people are being "whingers" by pointing it out. That's the kind of thing that would make it totally unusable for me in many instances.

Just because something is working perfectly well for you doesn't mean you can dismiss the valid concerns of other people who are clearly having issues. Case in point: I'm one of the three people or so who didn't have a massive problem with Windows Vista back in the day (I know, right), but I'd have to be a total loon not to see that it caused nothing but issues for a lot of people.

As has been said: if they fix it up and get it right, I'll be very tempted. But until then? Not a gamble I'm willing to take, I'm afraid.

mind2069

05 May 2017

stp2015 wrote: However, I am equally as shocked about all the hate on this forum. Reveal sound are people. They were hit by a major surprise - the VST announcement. Even if they had a few weeks notice, this must have been quite bad news for them. Then they tried to speed things up and made a few mistakes along the way.
Where do you see hate in this, There no hate, I said I suspected they released it early because of 9.5 VST, theres no hate there, I had nothing to do with the bugs, early realese, shop pulloff ect,

I continue to stand that I think they released it early

At 59$ I was going to buy it when I noticed it was pulled out of the shop, read the whole thread and gave my opinion with no disrespect

Heater

05 May 2017

I said I would never buy another rack extension. I can feel my resolve cracking...

• Information