Any RE tool that would let me draw patterns to turn effects on/off like Effectrix?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
groggy1

05 May 2017

Hi, I like Effectrix (VST), but I'd really like to do something similar in RE.

Is there any RE that lets me draw patterns on a grid for when to turn on/off various Effects?

Effectrix lets me do this to create patterns of stutter-effects (etc), but I'd like a better way to rhythmically turn on/off effects *within reason*.

Maybe matrix hooked-up to something? Thoughts?

Olivier

05 May 2017

groggy1 wrote:Hi, I like Effectrix (VST), but I'd really like to do something similar in RE.

Is there any RE that lets me draw patterns on a grid for when to turn on/off various Effects?

Effectrix lets me do this to create patterns of stutter-effects (etc), but I'd like a better way to rhythmically turn on/off effects *within reason*.

Maybe matrix hooked-up to something? Thoughts?
Several things spring to mind.

The stuff that i grab first for this job is either shape
Or if i want everything in one device Synchronous
A hooked up matrix also works ofcourse
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

artotaku

05 May 2017

While I don´t own Propulsion myself I think it could do the job nicely when the effects are put into a combinator and Propulsion´s CV outputs are connected to the combinator CV inputs. The inputs are then routed to the effect´s on/off or dry/wet parameters in the combinator programmer.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... sequencer/

Loque

05 May 2017

All already mentioned, and if you like some random, use LFOs from Malstroem, Ammor or whatever and combine the through Lolth
Reason12, Win10

groggy1

05 May 2017

artotaku wrote:While I don´t own Propulsion myself I think it could do the job nicely when the effects are put into a combinator and Propulsion´s CV outputs are connected to the combinator CV inputs. The inputs are then routed to the effect´s on/off or dry/wet parameters in the combinator programmer.

I own Propulsion - but I didn't know I could use it to control an effect being ON/OFF - I thought I could just use it to trigger instruments to play a note...

Oquasec

05 May 2017

there's so many methods for that...
I use a glitch effect RE if too lazy to use an octorex.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

lowpryo

05 May 2017

maybe not the solution you're looking for, but I don't think anything beats automating the bypass switches and dry/wet knobs of effects units. I know other people love living inside the rack, but the sequencer is my best friend haha

groggy1

05 May 2017

lowpryo wrote:maybe not the solution you're looking for, but I don't think anything beats automating the bypass switches and dry/wet knobs of effects units. I know other people love living inside the rack, but the sequencer is my best friend haha

Ok, I think this is what I'll go with. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

artotaku

11 May 2017

groggy1 wrote:
artotaku wrote:While I don´t own Propulsion myself I think it could do the job nicely when the effects are put into a combinator and Propulsion´s CV outputs are connected to the combinator CV inputs. The inputs are then routed to the effect´s on/off or dry/wet parameters in the combinator programmer.

I own Propulsion - but I didn't know I could use it to control an effect being ON/OFF - I thought I could just use it to trigger instruments to play a note...
Well, the gate outputs are just like an on/off value. A gate trigger could not work well since it it is too short (e. g. in Redrum) I guess but in Propulsion you can set the length of the gate signal to certain grid lengths. It´s just like if you would use multiple Matrix devices. I´d prefer using Propulsion for the sake of compactness if I´d own it.

xbitz

11 May 2017

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/volt-sl-1/

"The Volt SL-1 is a control voltage (CV) selector and crossfader aimed at live performance and DJ’ing. With it you can switch or crossfade easily and in sync between various values of control voltage signals."
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

• Information