Reveal Sound ReSpire in the shop x $59 !!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Karim
Competition Winner

05 May 2017

Tumble wrote:I still don't get the reasoning. Why port this over if they knew VST support was coming? I mean, this doesn't offer anything that the VST doesn't. In fact, you lose out on microtuning and optimization with this.
Because they didn't know... [emoji2]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

chk071

05 May 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:I feel kind of bad for bashing this synth earlier in this thread, even though I still feel everything I said was true. It did come off as very negative.
Though I have to admit I did feel bad for the people who bought it expecting a fully featured working synth. The price and the hype could easily make people instabuy before trying it.

I just think it's a shame they pushed it out way too early. I think many will pay for a really good RE version even if the VST version is available.

Just went through some of the presets again. Some of them are really nice I have to say.
When/if everything becomes automatable I'm ready to give it a second chance, that is if I'll be able to trial a finished version now that I've started my trial period already.

Hopefully Reveal Sound take the time they need to finish it. I think we all want the RE version to be successful and the developer to continue making REs.
Give them some time. Reveal-Sound are kind of notorious for a bit faulty updates, which get fixed soon after. You're probably right, they shouldn't have pushed it to the public so soon, but, you know how it is. People expect the stuff. Yesterday. :roll:

Seriously, Spire is a GREAT synth. No need to feel sorry about the purchase, for those who already did.
:reason: :rebirth:

Dante

05 May 2017

....unless - like me .. they work at 96KHz. I suppose that would mean, if there is a 2 x semitone difference between 44.1 KHz and 48Khz, then at 96Khz there would be a difference of an octave and a tone - eg a major 9th (?)

raymondh

05 May 2017

I managed to buy before they pulled it from the shop.

I don't do much CV stuff, but the user interface bugs and quirks need to be fixed, as well as the performance hit on certain patches. And I really hope they implement pull down menus for the oscillator waveform, filter types etc.

That said, this is a really, really nice sounding synth. It sounds really "present", very snappy, forward, big and interesting. It has character. I'm not an EDM guy but I find many of the presets really musical and inspiring.

Looking forward to the re-release...

Jmax

06 May 2017

It seems as though it isn't just one bug but a good many! It still says Preview Edition on it??? Were they drinking on the release? Really don't understand that one. The problem with the Sample Rate change, patch loading problems, automation of knobs, drop down menus, CV out. That is no little oversight. It still says Preview Edition! Doesn't Props look this stuff over at all? Not impressed with this launch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jagwah

06 May 2017

Jmax wrote:It still says Preview Edition on it??? Were they drinking on the release?
In order to maximise profit after VSTs were announced I believe they needed to get the hype started by immediately releasing it, and worrying about everything else after.

CephaloPod

06 May 2017

Probably the most embarrassing RE release I've ever seen. I own the Spire VST. No chance I'm buying the RE. Hopefully they offer some cross grade, but if not, I'll just use the VST in 9.5. Great synth though, with some really useful sounds out there for it.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

Faastwalker

06 May 2017

Has an RE ever been pulled like this before? It's a real shame it appears to have been rushed out with the issues it has. I guess they would want to get it in the shop ASAP before 9.5 is released. But I don't think it was necessary for them to do this in light of 9.5. I'm sure most of us here would prefer the RE over the VST. I certainly would, especially for the crazy intro price. But obviously you don't want to buy a broken device and I'd like to see more CV stuff on the back. Ironically the VST version will have more I/O via the VST device than the RE version has!! That's very unfortunate at a time when RE's have been overshadowed somewhat by the announcement of VST support. They need all the help they can get so the Spire saga is particularly unfortunate. Hopefully the guys will get this fixed up soon and back in the shop.

16BitBear

06 May 2017

Faastwalker wrote:Has an RE ever been pulled like this before? It's a real shame it appears to have been rushed out with the issues it has. I guess they would want to get it in the shop ASAP before 9.5 is released. But I don't think it was necessary for them to do this in light of 9.5. I'm sure most of us here would prefer the RE over the VST. I certainly would, especially for the crazy intro price. But obviously you don't want to buy a broken device and I'd like to see more CV stuff on the back. Ironically the VST version will have more I/O via the VST device than the RE version has!! That's very unfortunate at a time when RE's have been overshadowed somewhat by the announcement of VST support. They need all the help they can get so the Spire saga is particularly unfortunate. Hopefully the guys will get this fixed up soon and back in the shop.
Pulling it like this also seems to have screwed up the shop database. I had added it to my cart last night. I went to purchase it today but it was no longer for sale. Now, I can not access my cart properly. It says I have one item in it but when I click on it, the cart won't load. I tried to add another RE to the cart and check out in hopes that I could remove ReSpire before payment, and I receive the following error: Error
Something went wrong, please try reloading the page. If the problem persists, let us know at propellerheads.se/support and we will try to figure it out. Logging out and back in did not correct it.

I logged out and in and still no changes so I had to put in a support ticket. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly with May Madness coming up! :shock:

XysteR

06 May 2017

adfielding wrote:
XysteR wrote:Dude, read through the comments in this thread, wingers as always. It's no wonder a lot of VST devs don't want anything to do with rack extensions with this bunch of fucking wingers crying like babies.
I can understand the annoyance at people being overly critical, but a synth not working at any sample rate besides 44khz is a HUGE oversight, and I don't think people are being "whingers" by pointing it out. That's the kind of thing that would make it totally unusable for me in many instances.

Just because something is working perfectly well for you doesn't mean you can dismiss the valid concerns of other people who are clearly having issues. Case in point: I'm one of the three people or so who didn't have a massive problem with Windows Vista back in the day (I know, right), but I'd have to be a total loon not to see that it caused nothing but issues for a lot of people.

As has been said: if they fix it up and get it right, I'll be very tempted. But until then? Not a gamble I'm willing to take, I'm afraid.
That's fair enough Adam. But Reveal Sound have been in the business for a long time, working on only one synth. They will rectify everything, I'm 100% sure of that.

For anyone wanting to be constructive:

support@reveal-sound.com

supersmarter

06 May 2017

XysteR wrote: But Reveal Sound have been in the business for a long time, working on only one synth.
Exactly because of this - they should know it better. Do you expect such "alpha" release from someone being in the business for a long time? No!

U-he when releasing such stuff for public testing they release it for FREE with timed limitations and lack of some features.

To me this stunt was some sort of quick cash milking rather then impressive release.

Gosh

06 May 2017

supersmarter wrote:
XysteR wrote: But Reveal Sound have been in the business for a long time, working on only one synth.
Exactly because of this - they should know it better. Do you expect such "alpha" release from someone being in the business for a long time? No!

U-he when releasing such stuff for public testing they release it for FREE with timed limitations and lack of some features.

To me this stunt was some sort of quick cash milking rather then impressive release.
From my experience with u-he i can tell that urs would never release a plugin with so many bugs, even as free and public beta

decibel

06 May 2017

glad i jumped on it at $59, although there are a few kinks to iron out its still highly usable and delivers some killer sounds, i have every confidence that reveal will get on top of it and hopefully despite vst access in reason now that it will still be a successful product for them ;)

miscend

06 May 2017

It looks like the intro price of $59 is for the preview. They said on their FB page that the full price will be $189.

Someone on KVR was saying it is typical of Reveal Sound to jump the gun and release something premature. They said not to panic they always get stuff working as promised. The VST version had a few completely broken releases too which got fixed with updates.

So maybe we shouldn't worry they're not like the typical Rack Extension developer and it's their first release on the platform. It might seem chaotic but they do have a track record of doing things a little differently. Personally I believe them when they say they will get Respire working as advertised. I know I'd rather pay the intro price with the promise of free future updates and fixes than the full price.

electrofux

06 May 2017

Honestly it is not a big drama. The circumstances are kindof unique, it got pulled from the shop, gets fixed.

Jagwah

06 May 2017

DJBuddhaBear wrote:Pulling it like this also seems to have screwed up the shop database. I had added it to my cart last night. I went to purchase it today but it was no longer for sale. Now, I can not access my cart properly.
Well let's hope these bugs aren't contagious.

EnochLight

06 May 2017

miscend wrote:Someone on KVR was saying it is typical of Reveal Sound to jump the gun and release something premature. They said not to panic they always get stuff working as promised. The VST version had a few completely broken releases too which got fixed with updates. .
It's been said here at Reasontalk as well (by chk071), and I agree. Reveal Sound has had more than one buggy update to Spire land in their VST, and it's usually patched afterwards.

viewtopic.php?p=326155#p326155

They're a small bunch of people that seems to have a habit of jumping the gun and pulling the trigger a bit prematurely on releases. I'm not surprised this happened, but also surprised that Propellerhead's vetting didn't catch this when the RE was approved for the shop. *shrugs*
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

16BitBear

06 May 2017

Jagwah wrote:
DJBuddhaBear wrote:Pulling it like this also seems to have screwed up the shop database. I had added it to my cart last night. I went to purchase it today but it was no longer for sale. Now, I can not access my cart properly.
Well let's hope these bugs aren't contagious.
It took me several times logging in and out as well as clearing all cookies for the Prop Shop to fix it.

ReasonUser

06 May 2017

I thought the props have a meticulous approval process?

Perhaps more than one company dropped the ball here...

selig
RE Developer

06 May 2017

ReasonUser wrote:I thought the props have a meticulous approval process?

Perhaps more than one company dropped the ball here...
If the Props had a magic bug fixer, they would be using it for sure. But all they can check for is to be sure you're following the rules they set. :)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Gorgon

06 May 2017

miscend wrote:It looks like the intro price of $59 is for the preview. They said on their FB page that the full price will be $189.
189? For a Rack Extension? LOL! More like 89.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

chk071

06 May 2017

raymondh wrote:
That said, this is a really, really nice sounding synth. It sounds really "present", very snappy, forward, big and interesting. It has character. I'm not an EDM guy but I find many of the presets really musical and inspiring.
Exactly. :)

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk
:reason: :rebirth:

XysteR

06 May 2017

Gosh wrote:
supersmarter wrote:

From my experience with u-he i can tell that urs would never release a plugin with so many bugs, even as free and public beta
Speaking of U-he, Did they ever sort out the bitrate for Uhbik A?

PSoames

06 May 2017

XysteR wrote:
Speaking of U-he, Did they ever sort out the bitrate for Uhbik A?
Last edited by PSoames on 07 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

EnochLight

06 May 2017

raymondh wrote:That said, this is a really, really nice sounding synth. It sounds really "present", very snappy, forward, big and interesting. It has character. I'm not an EDM guy but I find many of the presets really musical and inspiring.

Looking forward to the re-release...
chk071 wrote:
Exactly. :)
Truth! Spire just has "that" sound, right out of the box. Truly fantastic synth, and no wonder it's ranked in the top 10 VST synths since it was released. I didn't pay $189 for it, though - it goes on sale for at least 30% off about twice a year.
XysteR wrote:Speaking of U-he, Did they ever sort out the bitrate for Uhbik A?
Yep - works fantastic... in the VST. :D ;) Seriously though, U-He has abandoned his RE's. He regrets ever releasing them, as the in-house programmer that did them for him left the company and he hasn't the resources, time, nor interest to invest in having someone else learn the RE SDK just to fix them (he barely made any money on them, apparently).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information