Argonaut Synthesizer is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Oquasec

13 May 2017

That was one of the 9 rack extensions I got.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

kitekrazy

13 May 2017

MDTerps2015 wrote:
lowpryo wrote:what's the main appeal of this? the only unique thing I see is the "mangle" knob, which I'm guessing is a distortion/waveshaper? but not a very flexible one?

Skrock's business model definitely seems to be quantity over quality. I'm really not a fan, but if there's other people who get inspiration out of these things, more power to them.
The appeal of it is that someone sat down to put a toy in the shop. You know the time, money, and brains to do it. I think Skrock is doing a fine job. Like Papen, Ocher K, SKrock, and a host of others, I have every one of their toys. Wouldn't it be a shame if all developers thought there was enough RE's in the shop and just quit taking their time, money, and brains to make new ones. Personally, i think all of the negative criticism and opinions when a new RE comes out is really un-called for. If it doesn't fit you, your workflow, or music, then don't buy it. You know opinions are like "a-holes", everyone has one but no one runs around sniffing everybody's "a-hole" to fine the perfect smelling one.
I think it was a good question. There is so much out there that impress others because it's new. Then you comes to realize you have an equivalent already installed. I think it's odd that people get irate when it comes to discussing software.

MDTerps2015

13 May 2017

kitekrazy wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:
lowpryo wrote:what's the main appeal of this? the only unique thing I see is the "mangle" knob, which I'm guessing is a distortion/waveshaper? but not a very flexible one?

Skrock's business model definitely seems to be quantity over quality. I'm really not a fan, but if there's other people who get inspiration out of these things, more power to them.
The appeal of it is that someone sat down to put a toy in the shop. You know the time, money, and brains to do it. I think Skrock is doing a fine job. Like Papen, Ocher K, SKrock, and a host of others, I have every one of their toys. Wouldn't it be a shame if all developers thought there was enough RE's in the shop and just quit taking their time, money, and brains to make new ones. Personally, i think all of the negative criticism and opinions when a new RE comes out is really un-called for. If it doesn't fit you, your workflow, or music, then don't buy it. You know opinions are like "a-holes", everyone has one but no one runs around sniffing everybody's "a-hole" to fine the perfect smelling one.
I think it was a good question. There is so much out there that impress others because it's new. Then you comes to realize you have an equivalent already installed. I think it's odd that people get irate when it comes to discussing software.
No one got irate. I just get twisted when people start knocking developers for "CREATING A RACK EXTENSION". How about those that negatively respond to a rack extension make one. Take some criticism for yourself since they are much better. Im a no nonsense person and if you read my threads you will know this. Dont take out your negative on the developer or what he/she made. I mean, what kind of question is "whats the main appeal of this" can be taken many different ways. One is negative and one of the others is negative. I support developers but if you look at my threads I have never said anything negative about any of them nor did I question what they made. They make it for Reason users and whether you like it or not, somebody likes it. I bought it but the smug responses are incredible in Reasontalk. All i can say is get over yourselves and enjoy the ride. Maybe he/she didn't mean it in a negative way but boy it came off as "what the hell is this" to me.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Bunja

13 May 2017

MDTerps2015 wrote:
kitekrazy wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:

No one got irate. I just get twisted when people start knocking developers for "CREATING A RACK EXTENSION". How about those that negatively respond to a rack extension make one. Take some criticism for yourself since they are much better. Im a no nonsense person and if you read my threads you will know this. Dont take out your negative on the developer or what he/she made. I mean, what kind of question is "whats the main appeal of this" can be taken many different ways. One is negative and one of the others is negative. I support developers but if you look at my threads I have never said anything negative about any of them nor did I question what they made. They make it for Reason users and whether you like it or not, somebody likes it. I bought it but the smug responses are incredible in Reasontalk. All i can say is get over yourselves and enjoy the ride. Maybe he/she didn't mean it in a negative way but boy it came off as "what the hell is this" to me.
They are decent synths , but i get what there saying ,i bought solaris first coz i tried it , then see auroura in the sale and jumped on it and i never use auroura really anymore i would proberly sell it if i could coz solaris is the one i really wanted , when im looking for that type of patch solaris has it better , so yeah people sometimes do jump on the toys quick without thinking on sale days i have myself although , i dont have many re i have less that ten paid ones i think, but i dont get where people cant critic products , its just coz we are so close to the builders , if it was apple doing something you didnt like you would say it wouldnt you out loud from the trees ? ? Im not implying this is a bad synth i havent tried it , i proberly will have to now lol(iwont buy it though , but i think there all kinda similar is what that guy was tring to say and solaris is the best i have tried of skrock , but theres a million synths out there i'm sick of all the fat sounding synths give me more pads and pianos and dreambells thats what i wanna see more diversity something dreamy like alchemy and maybe ill buy something else , peace.

decibel

14 May 2017

Skrock wrote:
I am humbled by the positive response I have gotten with all my projects, and I will release more synthesizers until my ideas fades out.
i think your products fill a gap in the prop shop nicely, they are usually well priced and very accessible for people on a budget, especially during sales periods .
i say keep up the good work and i hope you get better and better at what your doing as time go's on yeah ;)

• Information