Rack extension & VST cross buy

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mfavila

14 May 2017

Has anyone heard of this becoming closer to reality? Even through a coupon code or something from any of the manufacturers? I'd love to own everything in both formats if possible.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

NisseJ

15 May 2017

Synapse Audio have a cross upgrade for Legend. Just mail the receipt and they will help you out. Very nice indeed :)

EdGrip

15 May 2017

Indeed - I think The Legend is the only example of a properly (but kindly) implemented crossgrade system.
With VST in Reason, I think that means that the RE format is even more just another plugin format - VST/AU/RE/AAX. I am firmly of the opinion that you should only need to buy a plugin once - and then have access to it in any plugin format you need to after that, whenever you need it.

ezelkow1

15 May 2017

Rob papen also supports a crossbuy discount for predator and effects. Same as synapse, just send them a receipt for either version and they'll give you a coupon code for either props store or their own

mfavila

15 May 2017

Ah this is excellent. Anybody else know of other companies with discounts?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JerrelTheKing

16 May 2017

so maybe this has been answered before but which version will be better optimized for dsp the VST or the RE? Also which one will have the higher grade of quality?

zumBeispiel

16 May 2017

mfavila wrote:Anybody else know of other companies with discounts?

Kuassa

mfavila

16 May 2017

JerrelTheKing wrote:so maybe this has been answered before but which version will be better optimized for dsp the VST or the RE? Also which one will have the higher grade of quality?
I assumed it was RE, but who knows actually.

lowpryo

16 May 2017

mfavila wrote:Ah this is excellent. Anybody else know of other companies with discounts?
kiloHearts too

kitekrazy

16 May 2017

lowpryo wrote:
mfavila wrote:Ah this is excellent. Anybody else know of other companies with discounts?
kiloHearts too
Never seen a cross grade offer fro them yet.

pothole

16 May 2017

i can confirm kilohearts offer a crossgrade

just email them :puf_smile:

Viscor

17 May 2017

pothole wrote:i can confirm kilohearts offer a crossgrade

Like free? Because I really need my remaining couple of bucks for Multipass then. :D

lowpryo

17 May 2017

Viscor wrote:

Like free? Because I really need my remaining couple of bucks for Multipass then. :D
not free, they will tell you once you e-mail them. I was offered 50% off, but I imagine this could change so take that with a grain of salt.

Viscor

17 May 2017

lowpryo wrote:not free, they will tell you once you e-mail them. I was offered 50% off, but I imagine this could change so take that with a grain of salt.
Ok, thanks for informing me. I'll keep in the back of my mind. Kilohearts are easily in the top 3 of my favorite RE/VST developers. :D These Snapins are pretty much my go-to for almost everything. I also demoed Multipass and it's such a handy tool, especially the multi outputs for each frequency band (and you have 5 of them)!

pothole

18 May 2017

lowpryo wrote:
Viscor wrote:

not free, they will tell you once you e-mail them. I was offered 50% off, but I imagine this could change so take that with a grain of salt.

sorry i should have said i got 50 percent off too so it should be around that figure :cool: :thumbs_up:

& rob papen ditto!!!!! :puf_smile: :re:

• Information