RP Vecto bug??

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Despondo
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2015

Instabought Vecto today and immediately got inspired by the initial patch (2 Bars 2 move).  I hit record and held down a three note chord in the midrange and improvised other notes on top of the sustained chord.  Once I got about 32 bars recorded (the three note chord was held the entire time) I stopped the transport and went to play it back.  The sustained chord plays fine, but the device refuses to play the additional improvised notes that were also recorded.  I tried moving those notes to an additional Vecto with the same patch, and it still refuses to play anything but the sustained 3 note chord.  As a test, I created a subtractor and moved those notes there, where they played fine.  I tried a different patch (Andrew's String) with the vecto, and all notes played fine.  Am I missing something here?  Why can I play all of this with Vecto, and have it show up in the sequencer and sound through my speakers, but not playback the same?  Can anyone else confirm?  Thanks!

Despondo
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2015

Here is a quick video of the problem.  I needed to go back and drag out the length of the 3 note sustained chord due to the way the screen capture was working as it somehow caused my keyboard to not register the sustain, but you get the idea. (I don't usually do screen recordings ;-)) All of the notes are recorded, but on playback, the improved notes do not sound.  Any ideas??

Olivier

10 Jun 2015

Weird.. i'm not able to reproduce this.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Koshdukai

10 Jun 2015

Despondo wrote:All of the notes are recorded, but on playback, the improved notes do not sound.  Any ideas??
We can clearly see in the Video the notes being sent out of the sequencer (on the note lane) but not being received (no Note On flashes). Weird.

Can't reproduce this either (on Windows).

Can you share that exact song document to see if it behaves exactly like that on mine?

btw, you're using R8.2 right?

Edit: I even tried now @70bpm the exact same notes you played on the video and it's working for me.

bpmorton

10 Jun 2015

can't reproduce your problem here either. W7, Reason 8.2d133(build 6,003)

Despondo
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2015

Here's the ORIGINAL reason file with the issue.  If I play the sequence with the original '2 Bars 2 move' patch unmuted, the issue is there.  If I mute those lanes and unmute the other vecto, they play back fine.  Yes, I am on OSX Yosemite, Reason 8.2d133(build 6,003).

http://we.tl/gFWfAb4lH0

Even if I delete all other lanes and leave the improvised notes, they don't play.....Very odd.  I'm going to reboot my mac to seeif this clears it up.

Koshdukai

10 Jun 2015

Despondo wrote:Here's the ORIGINAL reason file with the issue.  If I play the sequence with the original '2 Bars 2 move' patch unmuted, the issue is there.  If I mute those lanes and unmute the other vecto, they play back fine.  Yes, I am on OSX Yosemite, Reason 8.2d133(build 6,003).

http://we.tl/gFWfAb4lH0

Even if I delete all other lanes and leave the improvised notes, they don't play.....Very odd.  I'm going to reboot my mac to seeif this clears it up.
ah! Your song does behave like you described!

Now to understand why... (investigating)!

Koshdukai

10 Jun 2015

ok, got it.

The issue has to do with your MIDI controller (or your MIDI recording session).

Check the recorded note Lengths.

Remember what happened in the video with the chord? The same happened with the upper notes.

Fix their lengths to a usable amount and they'll become playable.
(or reduce that patch's Attack ;) )

Despondo
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2015

Aha. Now that makes sense. I was using my old Yamaha V50 as a controller since I'm in the middle of recording some old songs I wrote on it into reason. I'll try my Nektar P4 once I get back to town this weekend. Thanks for sorting this out! :-)

• Information