PDF for RE folder

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
AttenuationHz

13 Jul 2017

Where are PDF's for RE located? Are they stored on disk when you download or do you have to download the PDF from the RE website.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Oquasec

13 Jul 2017

The Prop shops where all the manuals is
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

jonheal

13 Jul 2017

I've never noticed manuals downloading with Rack Extensions. A link to a manual is often found at the bottom of each RE page in the shop. If not there, then I guess I would try the Developers' sites.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

AttenuationHz

13 Jul 2017

At this stage it should be pretty easy to open the RE manual from within Reason. There should be an option in reason to open help files location folder at least after you download the RE manual or better yet a tool that you click on a RE or Device and it takes you to the website or PDF of what you are clicking. I have a hotkey on my keyboard that opens a folder where I store PDF's related to Reason. Manually downloading RE manuals is by no means hard but it could be easier imo.

Even better idea would be to have a link to the PDF on the back of the rack for the device that opens in your default browser!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

WongoTheSane

13 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
13 Jul 2017
Even better idea would be to have a link to the PDF on the back of the rack for the device that opens in your default browser!
I second that! It would be hard to retrofit though, as some older devices don't have manuals, or have them online as html. But so useful for those that do...

AttenuationHz

13 Jul 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
13 Jul 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
13 Jul 2017
I second that! It would be hard to retrofit though, as some older devices don't have manuals, or have them online as html. But so useful for those that do...
Does the SDK allow it might be something RE developers could take advantage of if they have other RE's on their site. Link to home page link to help file on the back of the device. VST's do it all the time :D

• Information