Mixfood Unison Xs (Sample-based Synth) is in the Shop for €/$ 19

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pbc278

24 Jun 2015

Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

Theo.M

24 Jun 2015

Yay congrats! I will definitely buy this one asap.. :) Good luck with it!

Now that this is done will you be working on your EDM bank for mixfood orange? **hyper**

decibel

24 Jun 2015

damn, $19 is a bit hard to pass up on ;) better go take a look yeah

Majestik Monkey

24 Jun 2015

Instant buy [ without even trying ] Based on Concept of Mixfood0range & Dev appears to know exactly what Muzo's like.
[Plenty of knob's] . . . . Cheer's Bou. . . .  i feel like it's a Steal @ this price !  :s0230:

decibel

24 Jun 2015

you developers really know how to get at a guy when he's feeling vunerable huh ?  lol , RE addiction must be fed, im in ;)

Yonatan

24 Jun 2015

Not my genre, but I do like the colors, so will try it out one rainy day, just because it looks good in the rack. :)

Ashpool

24 Jun 2015

Yes, finally! :D

Found a demo vid a week or so ago and was impressed of that sound.
I think this is exactly what I was looking for (and I also like the design)!

Instabuy :s0221:

submonsterz

24 Jun 2015

Although I will not be buying as if it don't work on my 6.5 license I can't :frown: .

But want to say looks nice and in demo sounded quite nice to !!!.

I am glad your videos show your dsp usage when using the device (although I can see it looks like it would be a little heavy dsp on lesser machines)
but you are the only one I can think of who is not scared to show it in promo vids kudos for that.
That alone gives a user an idea before wasting trials on stuff etc ( maybe before any usage improvement updates are added).
I think all devs should show the dsp bar in vids and state on page what machine specs they are running for the demo purposes ;) .
Would be very handy info and a good basic measure to go by.
Also maybe devs should also show it's usage at the heaviest patch they can make on the device to.

But anyhow looks good price seems ok and should sell well around that mark . :) .

Majestik Monkey

24 Jun 2015

Yep ' This is a Cracking little Synth ! Actually not so little Sound Wise  :s0221:

After playing with it for the last Hour or so & bearly even scratching the service ! 

I took it strate from Init ' & found it was less than easy to start building Preset's with very fast results .

Sound quality is spot on , Really nice & clean n sharp ! Love the wave shaper, for what seem's to be like an endless stream of Waves forms

Ok
  at this point i am going to Shut up & get back to tweakin it ' lol  O there is one other thing !

It feels like i have just bought Reason's version of [ VANGUARD ]  :D

frog974new

24 Jun 2015

just dl the demo and having some fun with the factory preset patch

loves the synths and arp sounds

MAL9000

24 Jun 2015

Will have that thanks.

chimp_spanner

24 Jun 2015

Just having a play around with this now. Your last RE felt a bit overwhelming (for me personally) but this is way more straightforward and I've got some great hoovers and reece basses going on. I like that the sub has a dedicated filter section, meaning I can band pass and pitch drop a super-saw type sound, but leave the bottom end untouched. Very cool! I'm most certainly gonna get this next month. I know it's already cheap but I'm *that* broke haha.

One small suggestion would be to rename the Smooth control on the pitch drop to Rate. Also I'm not sure what the function of the Smooth controls underneath each LFO destination is? If you turn the Depth up to full and then increase Smooth you get the same (to my ears) result as just decreasing the Depth. Unless I'm mis-understanding :) Perhaps a Fade control would be more useful here, where the LFO is introduced gradually over time?

The only thing I'd say is missing is a modulation envelope! Otherwise great job. Really usable, and some sick sounds possible after just a few seconds tweaking.

Majestik Monkey

24 Jun 2015

frog974new wrote:just dl the demo and having some fun with the factory preset patch

loves the synths and arp sounds
Nice track . . . Mr French97   :s0547:

Rice

24 Jun 2015

Great device and congratulations, I'm really loving it.

riemac

24 Jun 2015

Great new Synth and the price is unbelievable!

I've got one suggestion for a future update.
Please implement a free running switch for the unison, so that the unison voices
are triggered with different or random phases.
At the moment all unison voices are triggered at the same time with the same phase.
Because off that you can hear a very annoying attack sound (pieung), which is not normal
for trancy supersawish sounds.

pbc278

24 Jun 2015

In IDT devices this is currently not possible, at least not the way Mixfood Unison is programmed (maybe I can have more control over the samples in the future, but not right now). To fix this (a bit) turn the 'SHAPE' knobs in the Oscillator section... The shaper will alter the samples enough to get a bit the effect you're after (I hope)...

riemac wrote:Great new Synth and the price is unbelievable!

I've got one suggestion for a future update.
Please implement a free running switch for the unison, so that the unison voices
are triggered with different or random phases.
At the moment all unison voices are triggered at the same time with the same phase.
Because off that you can hear a very annoying attack sound (pieung), which is not normal
for trancy supersawish sounds.
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

JoshuaPhilgarlic

24 Jun 2015

pbc278 wrote:In IDT devices this is currently not possible, at least not the way Mixfood Unison is programmed (maybe I can have more control over the samples in the future, but not right now). To fix this (a bit) turn the 'SHAPE' knobs in the Oscillator section... The shaper will alter the samples enough to get a bit the effect you're after (I hope)...
Isn't there the possibility in the SDK to select the sample start randomly? Should have the same effect I think.

pbc278

24 Jun 2015

I'm open for suggestions, but no... The way I programmed it doesn't allow me to choose samplestart.
I had it in an earlier version of Mixfood Unison (used an earlier IDT version), but PH updated IDT and I could not do the things I wanted (needed) to do, so had to re-program the whole sampleloading part.

But as I said, I searched for an alternative, and found it (at least I'm happy with it) in the shaper knob. If you turn shaper-osc1 all the way to the left and shaper-osc2 al the way to the right, I think it's sufficient enough to mimic the effect of different sample start.

But we'll see what happens in the future.. for now I'm happy with the result.

pbc278 wrote:In IDT devices this is currently not possible, at least not the way Mixfood Unison is programmed (maybe I can have more control over the samples in the future, but not right now). To fix this (a bit) turn the 'SHAPE' knobs in the Oscillator section... The shaper will alter the samples enough to get a bit the effect you're after (I hope)...
JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote: Isn't there the possibility in the SDK to select the sample start randomly? Should have the same effect I think.
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

Faastwalker

24 Jun 2015

Hard to resist for $19 & I've not even listened to the demos yet. At the price it's almost like, 'lets just click the BUY button anyway!'.

Puckboy2000

24 Jun 2015

Great sounds !
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

thala

25 Jun 2015

i didn't found the mono/legato mode?
but unison xs is really quick loading patches... hold a chord and load another preset. sometimes there isnt even a glitch. dunno how that is looking with high cpu usage.
and why are the standard waveforms like sine saw square not the first in the list. and why arent the waveform lists of osc1 and osc2 in the same order?
try to select a saw on both osc. how long did it take? 10 minutes? or you were lucky and found it quicker?

this huge amount of waveforms is really nice. but can be a horror too. isnt there a possibility to group them up? like analogue sounds, additive sounds and so on.

the filters are delivered by sdk? i really cant hear this lowpass with that resonance sound anymore...
maybe you should consider to get a coder and leave the idt path. cause everything that was done by yourself (samples, concept etc) is really good!
i like this digital sample sound of both devices (orange and xs). but for me it needs a digital filter sound too. or better: the possibility to choose.

ok. its 19 bucks... normally i would say to myself: shut up, buy and workaround.

pbc278

25 Jun 2015

Maybe in a future update I will add mono/legato mode (currently there's a bug in IDT so I can't use it with the way Unison Xs is setup).

None of the waveforms of osc 1 and 2 are the same (not even the standard waveforms).
They may look the same, but they really are not. I decided to add standard waveforms later, so that's why they are at the end. You can select a waveform quick by dragging the waveform display up and down (clik and drag), then finetune with the arrow knobs! (or for the standard waveforms I created patches in the '98 standard waveform' folder.

You can use the separate audio outputs on each osc and use your own filters (route the audio outputs through Thor or Antidote or to dedicated filter effect modules). There are a lot of possibilities....

As for the coding part, IDT is still young, maybe we will see some great updates in the near future, then Mixfood Orange and Unison Xs will grow with that... I just want to deliver great devices for less money, I leave the rest up to the other devs ;-) I'm on my own, so all is done by me (sampling, looping-perfect, programming, design, patches, most of the testing, bugfixing, a lot of thinking and tweaking, making desicions, etc etc...). So this is just the way I like to work, I have a lot of fun and satisfaction, and that is what I'm sharing. Maybe If I save enough money I will hire a coder, but right now It's peanuts what I'm making (remember there's tax, 50% for propellerhead and incometax), It's only a few euro's I'm making per product.
I would say, use the full 30 day trial period, so you can decide if you want to buy it or not.
But keep coming with the tips and tricks, so I can learn (and other devs too). 

thala wrote:i didn't found the mono/legato mode? but unison xs is really quick loading patches... hold a chord and load another preset. sometimes there isnt even a glitch. dunno how that is looking with high cpu usage. and why are the standard waveforms like sine saw square not the first in the list. and why arent the waveform lists of osc1 and osc2 in the same order? try to select a saw on both osc. how long did it take? 10 minutes? or you were lucky and found it quicker? this huge amount of waveforms is really nice. but can be a horror too. isnt there a possibility to group them up? like analogue sounds, additive sounds and so on. the filters are delivered by sdk? i really cant hear this lowpass with that resonance sound anymore... maybe you should consider to get a coder and leave the idt path. cause everything that was done by yourself (samples, concept etc) is really good! i like this digital sample sound of both devices (orange and xs). but for me it needs a digital filter sound too. or better: the possibility to choose. ok. its 19 bucks... normally i would say to myself: shut up, buy and workaround.
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

craven

25 Jun 2015

buying just to support ;) really great synth and offer
:ugeek:

ebop

25 Jun 2015

Same here, I'm buying straight off the bat. Good work pbc278, I like your style.

thala

25 Jun 2015

thanks for your quick response. i really hope the idt will deliver more features and filters in the future.
and if you need any help with testing or whatever. this forum seems to be the right place to ask for help.
a lot of helpful guys are hanging around here.

• Information