RE Synth Song Challenge (no prize)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Adabler
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2018

This one I'm not so sure about, but all sounds including drums are done with the px7:
https://allihoopa.com/s/7jkJe2Dr
Made this last fall, px7 is a great synth, not sure if this is the best showcase :)
:reason: 12, Win10

Libraquaricorn

08 Jun 2018

Thank you for the challenge!

My entry is not made with a synth, but rather with a single oscillator, the Blamsoft VO-1 Viking Oscillator. Maybe I even can go so far as to claim I made my own synth for the callenge...

Oh well, take one free running VO-1, hook it up to the Primal Audio Acid Diode Filter, then the LoveOne Neutron Particle Emitter - and finally - the Softube Tsar-1R and Soundtoys Little Plate reverbs and - bam - you have yourself a drone synth!

The recording is improvised and live, post processed with Softube Tape and - my guilty pleasure - the Waves Abbey Road Vinyl. :roll:

Have a safe jorney:

Ahornberg

10 Jun 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
08 Jun 2018

My entry is not made with a synth, but rather with a single oscillator, the Blamsoft VO-1 Viking Oscillator. Maybe I even can go so far as to claim I made my own synth for the callenge...

Oh well, take one free running VO-1, hook it up to the Primal Audio Acid Diode Filter, then the LoveOne Neutron Particle Emitter - and finally - the Softube Tsar-1R and Soundtoys Little Plate reverbs and - bam - you have yourself a drone synth!

The recording is improvised and live, post processed with Softube Tape and - my guilty pleasure - the Waves Abbey Road Vinyl. :roll:

Have a safe jorney:

I really love that track!

Ahornberg

10 Jun 2018

An improvisation on Parsec, played in one take from beginning to end with no edits afterwards
and run through feedback delay and reverb.

Libraquaricorn

10 Jun 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
10 Jun 2018
An improvisation on Parsec, played in one take from beginning to end with no edits afterwards

This is really taking me places. Nice! Improv of this standard could go on for much longer than 13 minutes, in my humble opinion

Ahornberg

10 Jun 2018

What about using a VST synth?

nickb523
RE Developer

10 Jun 2018

Here is my effort... was real quick, so feel free to mess about/remix it -

Reason file is here (all stock devices so should work from v10 onwards) - https://www.skpsounds.com/stuff/one_synth.zip

Nick :)
Nick Baxter
SKP Sound Design

Libraquaricorn

11 Jun 2018

nickb523 wrote:
10 Jun 2018
Here is my effort... was real quick, so feel free to mess about/remix it -

Reason file is here (all stock devices so should work from v10 onwards) - https://www.skpsounds.com/stuff/one_synth.zip

Nick :)
Beautiful chord progressions with a lush, almost shoegazy, sound. Classy ambient, that in some ways reminds me of one of my favorite bands: Seahawks.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2018

Libraquaricorn wrote:
08 Jun 2018

Have a safe jorney:

I could see that fitting into a Space Odyssey film..... nice drone and the vinyl really adds to it.....

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2018

Adabler wrote:
08 Jun 2018
This one I'm not so sure about, but all sounds including drums are done with the px7:
https://allihoopa.com/s/7jkJe2Dr
Made this last fall, px7 is a great synth, not sure if this is the best showcase :)
I like this, quite catchy little tune, nice layers, love the arp...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
10 Jun 2018

just wicked dude... that was a quick 12 minutes

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2018

There is some good shite going on here.... love it....

Libraquaricorn

11 Jun 2018

Here's a joke of a track I did using only the good old ID8 Instrument.

It's an unceremonious improvisational piece, where every track is unedited and done in one take. I first laid down the piano, then played the bass, added the drum track, then the horns, and finally the synth solo. I did quantize the drum track and bass track to 16th notes, to be fair. I used some compressors, a bit of Tsar-R1 on the mixbus and did a bit of saturation with Softube Tape before I squeezed it all out through Waves Abbey Road Vinyl, on rather unsubtle settings.

I did have fun! :puf_bigsmile:

hurricane
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2018

I just posted my Subtractor track in the music forum. Here's the link to the track:

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Ahornberg

14 Jun 2018

one flute sample in NNXT with delays and reverb

Ahornberg

14 Jun 2018

hurricane wrote:
14 Jun 2018
I just posted my Subtractor track in the music forum. Here's the link to the track:

amazing!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Jun 2018

In most of these tracks no other effects where used...

This was Parsec v1

Hydronexius v1

Skrock Music Orbis

Expanse

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

ravisoni

17 Jun 2018

Here's my entry.

Europa is so damn light weight, it's incredible. Two fx samples used that were non europa (that slight flutter sound in the middle of the song).
Drums from World Booster Pack (Celluloid beats).
Tons of fun making this one. Thanks for the challenge, Tritone.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

• Information