How much have you spent on REs, refills and upgrades this year?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
aallvor

02 Aug 2018

This year: 29 eur when Fritz went on sale.

dvdrtldg

03 Aug 2018

Next to nothing since Jan 1st - spent $15 upgrading Viking VK-1 to the new version, but I think that's it. I realised that cool new REs, $29 Waves plugs etc etc were never going to stop coming, and made a new year's resolution to stop thinking I need to have ALL the latest shit & concentrate on exploring the seventy bazillion squillion plugins I already have. It's been a revelation. There are some new REs that I would really like - Torsion, RND and The Animus being high on the wish list - but the feeling of urgency just isn't there any more. It's a relief. I'll pick them up at some point, but for now I'm doing a deep dive into the existing toolbox, reading manuals and experimenting without distraction. Highly recommended

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2018

dvdrtldg wrote:
03 Aug 2018
Pretty much $0.00 since Jan 1st. I realised that cool new REs, $29 Waves plugs etc etc were never going to stop coming, and made a new year's resolution to stop thinking I need to have ALL the latest shit & concentrate on exploring the seventy bazillion squillion plugins I already have. It's been a revelation. There are some new REs that I would really like - Torsion, RND and The Animus being high on the wish list - but the feeling of urgency just isn't there any more. It's a relief. I'll pick them up at some point, but for now I'm doing a deep dive into the existing toolbox, reading manuals and experimenting without distraction. Highly recommended
Totally agree. Although I’ve bought quite a few REs and refills since the start of the year I’ve started looking again at stuff I bought back in 2012. Some real gems :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Aug 2018

dvdrtldg wrote:
03 Aug 2018
Next to nothing since Jan 1st - spent $15 upgrading Viking VK-1 to the new version, but I think that's it. I realised that cool new REs, $29 Waves plugs etc etc were never going to stop coming, and made a new year's resolution to stop thinking I need to have ALL the latest shit & concentrate on exploring the seventy bazillion squillion plugins I already have. It's been a revelation. There are some new REs that I would really like - Torsion, RND and The Animus being high on the wish list - but the feeling of urgency just isn't there any more. It's a relief. I'll pick them up at some point, but for now I'm doing a deep dive into the existing toolbox, reading manuals and experimenting without distraction. Highly recommended
Good advice. I feel the same way. I've got a ton of REs that I haven't explored nearly as much as they deserve. I need to go make some more music with these first.

This year I've set a goal of cutting back on unnecessary spendings as much as possible and really prioritize where I put my money. I don't mind spending my money on REs, but if I haven't even had the time to explore my old ones what's the point of buying even more stuff?

Having said that, if a new interesting RE comes out that does something completely different or is unique in some way I might buy it. But buying new synths, compressors, EQs only because they do something slightly different isn't enough for me anymore. It needs to be something special for me at this point.

Of course if Disperser 2 or Crapre 3 comes out I'd have to instabuy them. :D That goes without saying.

Kategra

03 Aug 2018

Rack Extensions & Refills 2013-03-29 - present : 2021 EUR (2018 - 167 EUR)
Reason upgrades (R8, R9 &R10): 357 EUR

Pirated R1-R5, bought R6.5 received R7 upgrade for free. All is a hobby, not a professional :lol:

Ejectzero

04 Aug 2018

Then there's people suggesting that Props have financial problems hehe!

My spend: $130 R10 upgrade,
eXpanse (still don't know how it works): $50 odd
VK2 (I tried): $50 odd
Distributor: $9
Korg Minilogue: $487 (secondhand)
Novation Launchpad: $127 (secondhand)

Overall: $240 to the props and blamsoft, not that much but I'm from a third world country and this hurts in my base currency :(. I'm not saying that I regret these purchases, only that I haven't utilised these devices nearly enough to justify these purchases. Yes they have been used in my live gig setup which means that I did get a return on investment, definitely on VK2 in this regard, but u know..
Last edited by Ejectzero on 06 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.

wendylou

04 Aug 2018

244 REs
2 VST instruments
Ozone 8 + Neutron VSTs
All Reason updates since v2.5

Not sure what the total is, but pretty sure it's:

more-wealth-than-you-can-imagine.jpg
more-wealth-than-you-can-imagine.jpg (169.03 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
:puf_smile: :reason: :refill: :PUF_balance: :record: :re: :recycle: :reload: :ignition:
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

FLVZ

04 Aug 2018

wendylou wrote:
04 Aug 2018
244 REs
2 VST instruments
Ozone 8 + Neutron VSTs

:puf_smile: :reason: :refill: :PUF_balance: :record: :re: :recycle: :reload: :ignition:
What are you 3 highlight REs? The ones you have a love affair with :D

wendylou

05 Aug 2018

Flavolous wrote:
04 Aug 2018
wendylou wrote:
04 Aug 2018
244 REs
2 VST instruments
Ozone 8 + Neutron VSTs

What are you 3 highlight REs? The ones you have a love affair with :D
I misspoke – I only have 233 REs!

My 3 highlight REs? Hmmm, hard to say. In my default template output and Master Section, I always have Softube's FET Compressor and Trident A-Range EQ. Synpase GQ-7 EQ, Selig Gain, Ozone 8 VST, Flower Audio Loudness Meter and RE 128 Loudness Meter. But I don't necessarily use them in each song. Just handy to have around when needed.

For default Guitar: Kuassa Efektor series, Creme and Vermillion amps, Synpase Ninety Phaser.

Some favorite Effects: RE-2A Leveling Amp, Chenille BBD Chorus, Kilohearts Toolbox, EVE-MP5 EQ, Selig ColoringEQ.

Some favorite Instruments: A-List Drums and Guitars, Expanse Hyperwave Synth, Nostromo, Rob Papen synths, but and many others.

But really, the song determines what I try.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

ltbrunt00

06 Aug 2018

Not much this year, the previous two years near five grand when all said in done.

This year all I am planning on buying is the upgrade to Superior Drummer 3, E-instruments Session strings, Studio one 4 upgrade, (Yearly Reason upgrade if there is one). IK Modo Bass, Reason Bass RE and a few products from Spitfire audio.

The priorities being Superior Drummer 3 at discount price for owners of version 2 short time only, Studio one 4 and Propellerhead Reason upgrade.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

KirkMarkarian

06 Aug 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
01 Aug 2018
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
30 Jul 2018
Too much....... I'll leave it at that :)
I’m with this dude
Right on!

childofsaturn

06 Aug 2018

This year? $0.00!

Last year? The year before that? Way too much.

If I get anything this year, it would be an upgrade from 9 to 10 and maybe using my Rewards on the Strings RE (I forget the name).

kitekrazy

06 Aug 2018

In 2018 anything Reason specific - 0. As for all other DAW related I don't really want to know. I recently upgraded Waves Gold and got another copy for my other machine. Props gave away 2 items this year which was nice.

• Information