OUROBOROS in the SHOP NOW (thread formerly known as Sneak Peek)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

dvdrtldg

14 Jun 2021

Awwww hells yeah

Looks like another "I could probably rig something up like this in Reason with the gear I already have" device, but the sexy UI makes it pretty tempting

Sterioevo

14 Jun 2021

Sounds good - nice feedback action/possibilities.

ekss
RE Developer

15 Jun 2021

high res "screenshot" of current version, straight out of photoshop. Can't wait for R12 😍

challism

15 Jun 2021

That looks so cool
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Faastwalker

17 Jun 2021

ekss wrote:
15 Jun 2021

high res "screenshot" of current version, straight out of photoshop. Can't wait for R12 😍
Looks excellent. Another top GUI, especially in high-res. Might be time to buy a 4K monitor? I don't understand the implications for 4K as a computer monitor. I just imagine it will make everything stupid small!! :-/ Have a 32" 2K monitor, which is a nice sweet spot for Reason and most other things I find. Decent screen real estate with 2560x1440 resolution. That might be open to change with Reason 12 though I guess :thumbs_up: Can't wait for hi-res.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2021

SONY's font is a sexy font, ngl

what's its name again?

Faastwalker

21 Jun 2021

Is there an ETA on this? I'm a sucker for interesting creative FX and this ticks those boxes :thumbup:

challism

22 Jun 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
21 Jun 2021
Is there an ETA on this? I'm a sucker for interesting creative FX and this ticks those boxes :thumbup:
I'm just a sucker.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

fullforce

22 Jun 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
17 Jun 2021
ekss wrote:
15 Jun 2021

Looks excellent. Another top GUI, especially in high-res. Might be time to buy a 4K monitor? I don't understand the implications for 4K as a computer monitor. I just imagine it will make everything stupid small!! :-/ Have a 32" 2K monitor, which is a nice sweet spot for Reason and most other things I find. Decent screen real estate with 2560x1440 resolution. That might be open to change with Reason 12 though I guess :thumbs_up: Can't wait for hi-res.
Yeah, buy a RE you don't need and buy a 4K screen to accomodate it.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

dvdrtldg

22 Jun 2021

fullforce wrote:
22 Jun 2021
Dude. Maybe go outside for a nice walk or something

ekss
RE Developer

22 Jun 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
21 Jun 2021
I’ve had a death in the family just a few days ago so everything is on hold at the moment. I think it could be finalized in the coming two weeks, then add some time for acceptance testing, product page creation and all that. So maybe a month is a realistic ETA.

tiker01

22 Jun 2021

ekss wrote:
22 Jun 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
21 Jun 2021
I’ve had a death in the family just a few days ago so everything is on hold at the moment. I think it could be finalized in the coming two weeks, then add some time for acceptance testing, product page creation and all that. So maybe a month is a realistic ETA.
My condolences! 🖤

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

ekss
RE Developer

23 Jun 2021

tiker01 wrote:
22 Jun 2021
My condolences! 🖤
Thank you ❤️

dhruan

23 Jun 2021

ekss wrote:
22 Jun 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
21 Jun 2021
So sorry to hear that, my condolences.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

fullforce

23 Jun 2021

ekss wrote:
22 Jun 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
21 Jun 2021
Sorry for your loss.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

integerpoet

23 Jun 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
22 Jun 2021
fullforce wrote:
22 Jun 2021
For all we know, his post was a sincere paean to conspicuous consumption.

ekss
RE Developer

24 Jun 2021

integerpoet wrote:
23 Jun 2021
dvdrtldg wrote:
22 Jun 2021

Edit: just noticed my post was missing it’s text, it’s been a few tough days.. anyways, here’s what I was thinking;

Well, is any RE really needed? I mean, you can achieve almost anything with Reason stock devices. And to take it to its limits, is music creation really needed?
We spend our time making money for food and shelter, safety for family and joyful experiences. Outlets of creativity and activities for passing time, enjoying ourselves and creating value in the lives of each others.
I make my REs for the joy of creating devices that do stuff that no stock device do “by default”, devices that can inspire for playful experiments and devices inspired by old school gear that I want to have in my toolbox and believe others could find joy and inspiration in.
If anyone likes them and want to pay for them I am very happy, it means I can spend more time working on the things I love, creating music/sounds and graphics (which so nicely comes together when building REs).
I totally understand that some people can achieve what they want to do with the default devices or other REs/VSTs. Many of my REs are in a quite narrow niche and some a pretty basic. The special thing with mine is that they’re designed to work in specific ways, specific frequencies, ranges, amounts, depth, models, signal chains etc, all that contribute to a finalized and complete product.
I try to add that special character to different parts of the signal chain, make a UI that makes it understandable and beautiful to look at, and a UX providing a inspiring workflow.
Then of course you can question if it’s necessary. Maybe not for you, but maybe for someone else.
The best feedback is when I hear that a device has inspired someone to create an actual piece of music. That that one simple device did spark some creativity and gave birth to an idea. If you feel like you want it - go for it! If you feel it’s unnecessary - don’t buy!
I won’t be sad if some find it unessecary, but I will be very happy for those who find it useful. :)
Last edited by ekss on 24 Jun 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Faastwalker

24 Jun 2021

ekss wrote:
22 Jun 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
21 Jun 2021
I’ve had a death in the family just a few days ago so everything is on hold at the moment.
Oh no :( Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

ekss
RE Developer

24 Jun 2021

Quarmat wrote:
17 Jun 2021
SONY's font is a sexy font, ngl

what's its name again?
Not sure if it’s the exact same, this one is called COLT (from TypeKit) and is also used on the JANUS 2x Phaser:)

integerpoet

24 Jun 2021

ekss wrote:
24 Jun 2021
integerpoet wrote:
23 Jun 2021
Well, is any RE really needed? (and more)
Just for the record, I was teasing fullforce, not you.

Faastwalker

23 Aug 2021

……… every time a new EkssperimentalSounds RE appears I’m stoked

……… then my heart sinks a little that it’s not (yet) OUROBOROS :(

ekss
RE Developer

23 Aug 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
23 Aug 2021
……… every time a new EkssperimentalSounds RE appears I’m stoked

……… then my heart sinks a little that it’s not (yet) OUROBOROS :(
Ahw!! ❤️
It’s next in line, working on patches and need to make some promo pics, manual etc.. Hopefully it can be done in a couple of weeks!

Faastwalker

25 Aug 2021

ekss wrote:
23 Aug 2021
It’s next in line, working on patches and need to make some promo pics, manual etc.. Hopefully it can be done in a couple of weeks!
Cool. Looks like it will be a lot of fun this one :thumbup:

• Information