Complex -1 Sequencer. How to play?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Mattvank

22 Jun 2023

Hello,

I´m totaly confussed. I can´t patch from scratch that the sequencer plays. When i hold the cable from ,,Clock/LFO) the led are blinking but when i set them to gate or step, notthing happens. :?

Vil
RE Developer

22 Jun 2023

you have to utilize at least one output of the sequencer to run. (Gate/Curve/Note) And the connection has to be an effect to the patch. If you just connect it to something which is not doing anithing, the sequencer isnt starting. I think this is for performace purposes. It isnt running if it is no sense.

My hint: just wire up a patch without the sequencer, and if you already have a sound then start modulating something with the sequencer.

(Im not a professional Complex-1 user, I just checked this quickly, and this is what Im guessing)

Neo

22 Jun 2023

Reason Complex-1 // MEGA TUTORIAL
https://www.youtube.com/@DivKid

:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

zoidkirb

22 Jun 2023

Initialize the device. Take the square wave from clock 1 and connect it to "step" . Take the gate output of the sequencer and connect it to the ADSR trig in. Take the "note" and connect it to "pitch" in the complex osc.
Make sure that "clock follows main sequencer" is set to ON.
And that's it. If you're still stuck, just have a look at the included patches. Anything with "(Run)" in the title is an example of the sequencer being used like this.

Mattvank

24 Jun 2023

Vil wrote:
22 Jun 2023
you have to utilize at least one output of the sequencer to run. (Gate/Curve/Note) And the connection has to be an effect to the patch. If you just connect it to something which is not doing anithing, the sequencer isnt starting. I think this is for performace purposes. It isnt running if it is no sense.

My hint: just wire up a patch without the sequencer, and if you already have a sound then start modulating something with the sequencer.

(Im not a professional Complex-1 user, I just checked this quickly, and this is what Im guessing)
That's it thanks 🙏

• Information