Can't buy synthetic Rig 4... wt????

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Theo.M

18 May 2024

I must admit I am pretty upset about it, because it has all the synths I love like Antidote and hyper wave in it as well as ABL and others, and the saving is MASSIVE compared to buying them separately and I was going to have to buy them one by one every few months and rent to own, and then I find this bundle I can't have!

It says
"not available to this account"

So I thought maybe it's a Reason plus thing, since the Propellerheads products from the bundle are already in my subscription.

BUT, every single product within the bundle is available to individually buy to me, including all those in the subscription, with either a price or "free" for the couple of now free inclusions,

except for:

PUMP by sonicbits. Which is the only one I have actually claimed and "own" as an RE license in my account, out of the entire bundle.

That is also the only device in the bundle that doesn't have a price or a clear label saying "FREE" next to it like everything else in the bundle.

So because I downloaded this free effect a month back, it is denying me access to buy the synthetic rig bundle.

I mean this can't be right? It makes no sense but I guarantee that's what it is, as I made a second account and I can buy the rig no problem.

I am thinking of not continuing with the subscription when it expires in 3 months and just buying Reason outright on a new account and not buying anything else till then so I can buy the Rig. Just two of the synths cost as much as the entire rig and there's 20+ additional plugins, I would have to be a bit silly to buy them separately when the bundle exists.

And the joke's on me, as PUMP is broken anyway. If inserted into any existing project using a variety of other plugins, it instantly silences all project sound. I mean Propellerheads must know this as they are releasing their own alternative with Reason 13, they wouldn't' need to do that since there's already a free RE, IF it worked reliably. But it doesn't.

If anything they should remove it from the shop and allow people who claimed the freebie to still therefore buy the bundle.

thoughts? I think that's really poor business strategy the way it currently is.

crimsonwarlock

18 May 2024

Theo.M wrote:
18 May 2024
thoughts?
The obvious course of action is to log a support ticket with RS, asking them to enable you to buy the rig.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Theo.M

18 May 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
18 May 2024
Theo.M wrote:
18 May 2024
thoughts?
The obvious course of action is to log a support ticket with RS, asking them to enable you to buy the rig.
Right but I guess I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else and if they have successfully sorted it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 May 2024

What version of Reason are you using?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

raffito9

18 May 2024

Theo.M wrote:
18 May 2024

PUMP by sonicbits. Which is the only one I have actually claimed and "own" as an RE license in my account, out of the entire bundle.

That is also the only device in the bundle that doesn't have a price or a clear label saying "FREE" next to it like everything else in the bundle.

So because I downloaded this free effect a month back, it is denying me access to buy the synthetic rig bundle.
I also downloaded Pump for free, but I can still add the Rig to my cart. The RE's we own are not labeled with a price or "FREE", I think.
I'm also on R+ and have a R11 suite license, so in your case there must be another problem.
Always thought they pulled the Rigs from the shop since R+, apparently not.
On the shop page, they say it contains 30 RE's, but I only count 26. Don't know what that means.

crimsonwarlock

18 May 2024

Just checked to be certain. I have 18 REs from the rig, but I can still add it to my card and proceed to checkout. So it must be some issue with your account. As I said, time to log a support ticket. I'm sure they get you sorted.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 May 2024

Still put my money on that it’s the Reason version. Still not got an answer what version it is.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

18 May 2024

MrFigg wrote:
18 May 2024
Still put my money on that it’s the Reason version. Still not got an answer what version it is.
He is on Reason+, so the latest version.
-------

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 May 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
18 May 2024
MrFigg wrote:
18 May 2024
He is on Reason+, so the latest version.
Aa right. Didn’t see that. My mind’s in other things. (JP)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jam-s

18 May 2024

My guess is that it's also the (too low) version of any perpetual Reason license that's blocking the purchase. Iirc Reason+ subscribers without a perpetual license might not even be able to buy REs, unless that has been changed.

Theo.M

19 May 2024

MrFigg wrote:
18 May 2024
12.7.4d3

Can buy any individual RE no issues.

Theo.M

19 May 2024

jam-s wrote:
18 May 2024
My guess is that it's also the (too low) version of any perpetual Reason license that's blocking the purchase. Iirc Reason+ subscribers without a perpetual license might not even be able to buy REs, unless that has been changed.
I can buy any RE but the rig, nothing else says not available to this account.

I'll begrudgingly open a support ticket, but I am genuinely a little terrified after what happened a few years ago, even though I have profusely apologised to all.

Theo.M

19 May 2024

raffito9 wrote:
18 May 2024
Theo.M wrote:
18 May 2024

I also downloaded Pump for free, but I can still add the Rig to my cart. The RE's we own are not labeled with a price or "FREE", I think.
I'm also on R+ and have a R11 suite license, so in your case there must be another problem.
Always thought they pulled the Rigs from the shop since R+, apparently not.
On the shop page, they say it contains 30 RE's, but I only count 26. Don't know what that means.
Right, the ones we own are blank where the price or FREE would be. The reason I thought it was Pump was that every RE in the rig has an individual buy link with a price or FREE except for pump. Let's hope it can get sorted and if it can't that I know before the current sale is over so I can at least get ABL.

Steedus
Competition Winner

19 May 2024

I thought they discontinued the RIG bundles ages ago. Pretty good deal.

joeyluck

19 May 2024

raffito9 wrote:
18 May 2024
Looks like 4 Sugar Bytes REs were included before and those were removed from the shop. I guess the product page hasn't been updated to reflect that.

Although I would've thought this number circled in red (as opposed to the other one circled in blue) would be automatically summed based on what is in the bundle... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Would be interesting if they are somehow still included. I think there was an option for devs to bundle products while also hiding individual product pages?

Rigs 4.png
Rigs 4.png (373.62 KiB) Viewed 314 times

Theo.M

19 May 2024

I wonder why any dev would remove their rack extension. It can't possibly hurt them in any way to just keep it there and let some money flow in whenever. Didn't Props say they were the ones who updates all RE to work with Apple Silicon?
I mean unless suddenly the percentage agreement changed, that's the only reason as a dev I would ever remove something like an RE.

Sugar Byes are one of my favourite devs of all time, I own everything they make but I am gutted Artillery is discontinued as that is my favourite one and what I really wanted on Apple silicon. I don't care about Vogue which is also gone but all the others have been updated which is great at least. I don't think there's any other effect in existence like Artillery where you can assign from like 50 effects to any key on the keyboard and play it. It was also what I used for a midi gate. Sigh.

My OCD with plugins has gone though, I have bought precisely 2 RE's and that's it, whereas before when I was unwell I was buying everything as it came out like a hoarder with an issue. But I have used Sugar Bytes since the very first day and they are the kings of FSU plugins for me. In fact, if I ever went totally to reason, they are some other VST I could not give up. So I don't think I could ever totally go RE only as much as I would like to.

Actually, make that 3 RE. I did say I would buy tapefunk when it was next on sale, and on sale it is. 3 RE in 3 months isn't too bad, compared to 50 in a week LOL like I used to be.

joeyluck

19 May 2024

For some devs it can just come down to providing support even if the plugins continue to work. Users will always have feature requests, particularly for commercial products, and some bugs will crop up. Other times, devs might discontinue something just because it's no longer on par with the quality of their other products and they would rather steer customers towards those. The REs felt incomplete because they came from Turnado, but were lacking features and the main concept of Turnado, as well as not even all the modules being ported to RE.

Theo.M

19 May 2024

joeyluck wrote:
19 May 2024
For some devs it can just come down to providing support even if the plugins continue to work. Users will always have feature requests, particularly for commercial products, and some bugs will crop up. Other times, devs might discontinue something just because it's no longer on par with the quality of their other products and they would rather steer customers towards those. The REs felt incomplete because they came from Turnado, but were lacking features and the main concept of Turnado, as well as not even all the modules being ported to RE.
Fair, but Fxpansion ones being gone a major disappointment as well as Softube, IMO anyway.

Pepin

21 May 2024

Theo.M wrote:
18 May 2024
And the joke's on me, as PUMP is broken anyway. If inserted into any existing project using a variety of other plugins, it instantly silences all project sound.
Fyi there's a small bug where if you replace an existing effect device with Pump, the output won't be automatically routed. That might be what you've experienced.

Theo.M

22 May 2024

Pepin wrote:
21 May 2024
Theo.M wrote:
18 May 2024
And the joke's on me, as PUMP is broken anyway. If inserted into any existing project using a variety of other plugins, it instantly silences all project sound.
Fyi there's a small bug where if you replace an existing effect device with Pump, the output won't be automatically routed. That might be what you've experienced.
Thanks, I feel like a doofus now, as I should have pressed tab first thing to make sure it was routed. Cool. That's why it only happened in projects that already had plugins lol and when I replaced one.

• Information