Reveal Sound Spire RE confirmed in the works!!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
XysteR

03 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote:
XysteR wrote:I still don't get why some Reason users keep looking over the fence just for the sake of VSTs. For instance, if I want Massive or Reaktor or my Access Virus in Reason it's literally a few clicks. But to be brutally honest, with the likes of Antodote, Zero, Parsec and several other synths in my rack I don't even bother to use either of my NI synths or the virus anymore. In fact, the virus is pretty much sold now - I only want to work entirely within the Reason box. I'll hang onto the NI licences, and I'm genuinely not fussed if Props end up including some kind of VST wrapper or not. There is no way I will ever jump ship from Reason. I just couldn't put up with the complete ballache of another DAW, farting on registering plugins, finding licences, validating, more farting about setting everything up, only to find it spits it dummy back out at you with crashes and bugs. No thanks!

With Reason you can have a complete HDD failure and it's only a case of installing, logging into props, hit sync and you're back in business without any fear or stress - It's just bliss really.

It'd be nice to see Spire in the rack, but i'm not hearing anything groundbreaking, 'it's just another synth'
Well I want MASSIVE and SPIRE in REASON for the same reason I like Antidote and Parsec! They are are powerful sound making Instruments! that talented developers create for all of us to use...so why not ask them to be in REASON?

Sometimes you can not hear what sounds groundbreaking but you can see it or READ it. http://www.reveal-sound.com/downloads/d ... manual.pdf
What SPIRE has in it's belly to allow you to modulate create a sound is FANTASTIC! Just like THOR is fantastic sound creating instrument! But just hearing a THOR sound may not reveal some of the processes that went into making the sound!

good point about re installing your plugins.
Oh of course I wouldn't mind seeing them in Reason too. We've all asked for some kind of VST support from props for a number of years now back on the old forum. but with the midi and audio device, it's so easy to bring Reaktor and Massive with all their sound banks into Reason when needed. So we have best of both worlds. If some kind of VST support is eventually included in Reason, I believe props would do it properly - With pretty much all the features of any other Re synth or effect. Who knows, we may soon be pleasantly surprised at some point and me and you both would welcome it. But I'm still not that bothered if VST support doesn't come for a long time. I have to be totally honest here. I've owned Reason since V3 and I don't know all of my Re synths inside out yet. So as complex or powerful as Spire may be, it's no biggie for me to wait. I'm still trying to get my head around the sheer infinite possibilities I have from all of my existing Re synths. I've not even scratched the surface yet and I doubt I ever will know all of my Re's inside out. This brings me back to what I said a few posts up: Our rabbit hole is already so deep for creativity within Reason. Why on earth people keep surfacing to look out of the hole is beyond me. Get back down there into the cavern of infinite possibilities! lol

selig
RE Developer

03 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote:
EnochLight wrote:I realize Selig is a dev and has intimate knowledge of RE's and the SDK, but I also own Spire already and can tell what it needs from a GUI. Contrary to what has been said, with some esthetic/GUI compromises and changes, Spire could in fact be done as a current RE. Changeable panels can be addressed just like Zvork did with Oberon and Props did with Syncronous. If Reveal Sound are having difficulty, it's likely due to excessive DSP use and/or the fact that they want a 1:1 GUI port. Just my 2 cents though.
GUI compromises will definitely have to be made :thumbs_up: I can live with that as long as everything is there...but dev might want to look exactly the same.
GUI means more than "how it looks". It's how it's laid out and more importantly how it functions too, and there are some things you just can't do (yet, at least) with the current SDK which means that maybe not "everything is there" on an RE version.

As an unrelated example (to keep from getting too specific here), you can't do dual concentric knobs, or knobs that are also buttons (both things in the real SSL Mixer, btw) in Rack Extensions. Custom displays only go so far replacing changeable panels. There ARE limits.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

freeQlow

03 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote:
selig wrote:Just to be clear, I'm not saying it WON'T happen, just that they seem to have left a generous amount of "wiggle room" in that one sentence, which should be taken into account when drawing bold conclusions!
joeyluck wrote:Just for fun...
dream_crusher.png
:P
LMAO!!!!!! :lol: I just spat my coffee out - thanks Joey.
Was this a "buy it or don't try it" black Friday deal?

Selig, keep up the quality racks man, getting around to owning them all. After leveler, I will get this rack too!

pjeudy

03 Dec 2015

selig wrote:
pjeudy wrote: As an unrelated example (to keep from getting too specific here), you can't do dual concentric knobs, or knobs that are also buttons (both things in the real SSL Mixer, btw) in Rack Extensions. Custom displays only go so far replacing changeable panels
I didn't know that ..... need to visit the SDK forum a bit more.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

freeQlow

03 Dec 2015

XysteR wrote: Why on earth people keep surfacing to look out of the hole is beyond me. Get back down there into the cavern of infinite possibilities! lol
Completely agree with this Comment.
Developers are coming this way, slowly but surely.

eXode

04 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote:I realize Selig is a dev and has intimate knowledge of RE's and the SDK, but I also own Spire already and can tell what it needs from a GUI. Contrary to what has been said, with some esthetic/GUI compromises and changes, Spire could in fact be done as a current RE. Changeable panels can be addressed just like Zvork did with Oberon and Props did with Syncronous. If Reveal Sound are having difficulty, it's likely due to excessive DSP use and/or the fact that they want a 1:1 GUI port. Just my 2 cents though.
You're wrong, simply put. You cannot substitute everything with displays.

pjeudy

04 Dec 2015

XysteR wrote:. Why on earth people keep surfacing to look out of the hole is beyond me. Get back down there into the cavern of infinite possibilities! lol
I understand your point, sometimes less is more and we have loads @ the shop and inside of Reason , its also good to Keep in mind that we are not all the same, different strocks for different folks. Just because someone still finds it difficult to program a VCR, doesn't mean we shouldn't have Blu ray players, next flix, iPads, computers ect....

Where someone stops or and limits them selves is not where we should all stop! That's why I think that when it comes to what people want or doesn't want for REASON **all points are valid**
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

EnochLight

04 Dec 2015

eXode wrote:
Dreams crushed, yet again! :lol:

Anyway, I'll just keep plugging away with Spire in Studio One for the time being. It is nice that Props are slowly whittling down the things that keep me using it, though. First the RV7000 MK2, and I'm sure it's only going to keep on getting better. ;) I haven't even bothered updating to Studio One 3, as there wasn't really anything in there that I need. But, I digress...

Someday I'm sure we'll see Spire in Reason in some form (as we will surely see Sylenth1)..
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

eXode

04 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote:
eXode wrote:
Dreams crushed, yet again! :lol:

Anyway, I'll just keep plugging away with Spire in Studio One for the time being. It is nice that Props are slowly whittling down the things that keep me using it, though. First the RV7000 MK2, and I'm sure it's only going to keep on getting better. ;) I haven't even bothered updating to Studio One 3, as there wasn't really anything in there that I need. But, I digress...

Someday I'm sure we'll see Spire in Reason in some form (as we will surely see Sylenth1)..
Like I wrote in another post. I think that it's just a matter of time, perhaps just a bit longer than anticipated. :)

Skullture

04 Dec 2015

XysteR wrote:
Skullture wrote:
XysteR wrote:With Reason you can have a complete HDD failure and it's only a case of installing, logging into props, hit sync and you're back in business without any fear or stress - It's just bliss really.
So glad they have this feature, I've heard so many stories from my friends harddrives crashing.
Yup it's stress free. To further avoid stress I also have my 'created data' backup in place: Everything I create in Reason is contained in a single folder with subfolders for patches, songs, refills etc. This is backed up individually on 2 separate HDD's. Always be safe with your created data. This coupled with Props ease of recovery is just perfect. Providing my house doesn't get bombed lol
You can also upload all your sh$t to a cloud service.. #megamegamega

EnochLight

19 Jan 2016

And because the universe is a cruel mistress, Reveal Sound have admitted officially (yet again) that the current Rack Extension SDK will not allow them to port Spire in its current form. They did say that they would consider it after they optimize Spire (again) though:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (277.95 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
It's likely to be a crippled/feature slimmed version though, which also likely means no access to Spire's retardedly huge patch library market.. :evil: :twisted: :puf_unhappy:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

noelcampbelljnr

19 Jan 2016

Such a shame....Will Props ever get their fingers out. SDK is so stagnant for so long. Need forward movement

sinnerfire

19 Jan 2016

I own Spire VST which i use with Cubase 8.

Does anyone know if they will be releasing a Spire "Preset" converter?

I know there's a Preset converter for Reasons PX7 synth which came in real handy when i was converting all my old presets.

I own loads of Spire preset packs so a converter will (A) save be from having to buy my Spire preset packs again and (B) save me a lot of time.

(EDIT) Never mind lol
https://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

chk071

19 Jan 2016

sinnerfire wrote: (EDIT) Never mind lol
I wouldn't give up on it yet. :) Might take a while though.
:reason: :rebirth:

joeyluck

20 Jan 2016

sinnerfire wrote:I own Spire VST which i use with Cubase 8.

Does anyone know if they will be releasing a Spire "Preset" converter?

I know there's a Preset converter for Reasons PX7 synth which came in real handy when i was converting all my old presets.

I own loads of Spire preset packs so a converter will (A) save be from having to buy my Spire preset packs again and (B) save me a lot of time.

(EDIT) Never mind lol
On a similar note, what I REALLY like about Audiorealism is that you can export a .repatch from their VST/AU such as the ABL3 and open it in Reason :puf_smile: Our Reason world feels much bigger and more open with offerings such as that. I'm currently toying around with the ABL3 AU, exporting RE patches, and opening them in Reason. So easy and very cool. Do other developers/plugins do this?

Massimo

22 Jan 2016

I guess we can still hope for a new and modern Thor...with all the things we have been asking for...stereo oscillators...new filters...samples loading and so on...as an upgrade with Reason 9 or as a RE. I would be really happy with both solutions!

Massimo

22 Jan 2016

...and with an integrated FX unit like Antidote (-;

Jagwah

22 Jan 2016

EnochLight wrote:It's likely to be a crippled/feature slimmed version though, which also likely means no access to Spire's retardedly huge patch library market.. :evil: :twisted: :puf_unhappy:
Cool, really great :crazy:

chk071

22 Jan 2016

Massimo wrote:I guess we can still hope for a new and modern Thor...with all the things we have been asking for...stereo oscillators...new filters...samples loading and so on...as an upgrade with Reason 9 or as a RE. I would be really happy with both solutions!
Yeah, the mono oscillators are a huge letdown for me. It's just not timely anymore, when you want to do a supersaw with stereo spread, it's a huge pain in the ass for have oscillators which are unison capable, but you can't spread them in the stereo field... i mean come on, Sylenth1 did that already in 2006, there's really no point in not having that, and having to do cumbersome workarounds like the one described on the back of Thor... it's one of those things really. Also needing to do workarounds like assigning a LFO to do a ping pong delay (which isn't even controllable very nicely), instead of building it into the delay device directly. Pretty standard stuff which needs a tedious workaround in Reason.
:reason: :rebirth:

Jagwah

22 Jan 2016

Here's a thought: Rather than this community asking / begging for Spire in Reason, maybe the better option would be for us to wait until the RE SDK is up to a better standard so we don't get the 'slimmed down for Reason' version which sucks for everyone. Perhaps if we wait we might get Spire as it was originally intended to be.

Maybe not a good idea, just gutted at the thought of ported devices still being 'limited' because we are Reason users.

Tumble

23 Jan 2016

Jagwah wrote:Here's a thought: Rather than this community asking / begging for Spire in Reason, maybe the better option would be for us to wait until the RE SDK is up to a better standard so we don't get the 'slimmed down for Reason' version which sucks for everyone. Perhaps if we wait we might get Spire as it was originally intended to be.

Maybe not a good idea, just gutted at the thought of ported devices still being 'limited' because we are Reason users.
Too right.

Just look at Antidote; while it IS a great RE, it's still also massively gimped compared to Dune 2.

eXode

23 Jan 2016

Jagwah wrote:Here's a thought: Rather than this community asking / begging for Spire in Reason, maybe the better option would be for us to wait until the RE SDK is up to a better standard so we don't get the 'slimmed down for Reason' version which sucks for everyone. Perhaps if we wait we might get Spire as it was originally intended to be.

+1000

I'd rather see that they'd do something else entirely (i.e. Antidote vs DUNE2, there's no direct relation in that sense) than some crippled down version of an existing product. From a design perspective I think that it's a bad way of working, i.e. trying to force something into the rack instead of the opposite, designing something from scratch that takes the rack in consideration from it's very birth.

zakalwe

23 Jan 2016

my recommendation would be just buy spire, get a cheap rewire host and enjoy it. i reckon there's about as much chance of third party plugins being supported in reason as there is of this ever being ported.

Tumble

22 Jun 2016

nooomy wrote:Any news?
It's not going to happen unless PH updates the RE SDK. It's way too restrictive at the moment, judging by the current selection of REs.

• Information