Reveal Sound Spire RE confirmed in the works!!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
damasio

02 Aug 2016

Spire is the main reason i keep on going back to Logic, this softsynth just has the edge over all the RE's out there.
Any release date for Spire in RE format? I would LOVE it.

Yonatan

03 Aug 2016

Yes, we reasoners surely have to go the guerilla style to get developers to port their goodies to RE. Keep on fighting... :)

damasio

03 Aug 2016

Yes, the user base of Reason is maybe a little bit too small be of interest to developers.

chk071

03 Aug 2016

Well, as mentioned earlier, limitations in the RE SDK prevent the Reveal-Sound devs from being able to develop Spire as a RE (no multi-page/multi-tab GUI design possible for example). So, instead of guerilla'ing the devs, you guys should guerilla Propellerhead to bring the RE SDK up to par with the VST SDK. ;)
:reason: :rebirth:

damasio

03 Aug 2016

i think it's easier to port a project to a vst/au environment than to persuade PH-devs in to upgrading the RE-environment.
RE is EOL!!! It is simply not ready for the future, in fact it's allready lagging behind.

Skullture

03 Aug 2016

I can't believe this topic still exists...

nooomy

04 Aug 2016

damasio wrote:i think it's easier to port a project to a vst/au environment than to persuade PH-devs in to upgrading the RE-environment.
RE is EOL!!! It is simply not ready for the future, in fact it's allready lagging behind.
I dont see any cv cabels on the back of my vsts ;)

Now who is really behind?? :cool:

chk071

04 Aug 2016

nooomy wrote:
damasio wrote:i think it's easier to port a project to a vst/au environment than to persuade PH-devs in to upgrading the RE-environment.

I think the most common way to reply to this question is to point out that most of the stuff you do with the cv cables in Reason is possible with routing in VST hosts. That's what they usually say at least. ;)

Anyway, this is not about the possibilities, or lack of those of RE's or VST's in general, rather about not being able to do such trivial things as paged, or tabbed GUI's in the actual RE SDK. (most VST's come with a tabbed, or paged GUI these days, simply because they're feature monsters whose functions don't fit on one page)

joeyluck

04 Aug 2016

chk071 wrote:
nooomy wrote:

I think the most common way to reply to this question is to point out that most of the stuff you do with the cv cables in Reason is possible with routing in VST hosts. That's what they usually say at least. ;)

Anyway, this is not about the possibilities, or lack of those of RE's or VST's in general, rather about not being able to do such trivial things as paged, or tabbed GUI's in the actual RE SDK. (most VST's come with a tabbed, or paged GUI these days, simply because they're feature monsters whose functions don't fit on one page)
You can do pages with a custom display, but some functionality is missing. Hoping to see advancements in the GUI capabilities soon.

But the ability to undo within the host is so huge. I mean, the inability to do that basic function with other formats seems light years behind.

chk071

04 Aug 2016

You mean undo on parameter changes on the plugins? Hmm... what would be good examples of use cases to have undo on those?

Neo

05 Aug 2016

Sent emails requesting an update/news on a RE release. (annoying or not lol)

Spire v1.1.8 coming soon
http://www.reveal-sound.com/

While im here:
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Neo

05 Aug 2016

RE

Thank you for your question.

At this point there are some basic limitations in Propellerhead REASON Rack Extension platform which make it impossible to instantly release Spire plug-in with it's full functionality.

However, we are working on Spire for Propellerhead REASON Rack Extension platform. We prefer not to promise any release dates.

We believe that your experience with Spire will bring you new ideas and concepts.

Best regards,

Reveal Sound Team

Loque

05 Aug 2016

Always the limitations... Bad to hear. PH should listen to the devs if they dont listen to the users. Maybe they fear the downward compatibility, but a new SDK could also sell new Reason licenses...
Reason12, Win10

chk071

05 Aug 2016

Neo wrote:Sent emails requesting an update/news on a RE release. (annoying or not lol)
Absolutely fair enough to do so. :) A lot of people post on their FB about a RE version too. It's good when they see that there is interest.

Btw, they announced some features they work towards for future versions of Spire some time ago, and it was quite extensive, and promising. There's supposed to be wavetable oscillators coming at some point for example, and there could be sample based oscillators too. Really lots of stuff which makes me happy i do own a license. And which makes feel sorry for the Reason guys who have to wait until they port it as a RE. :P

bxbrkrz

05 Aug 2016

Neo wrote:RE

Thank you for your question.

At this point there are some basic limitations in Propellerhead REASON Rack Extension platform which make it impossible to instantly release Spire plug-in with it's full functionality.

However, we are working on Spire for Propellerhead REASON Rack Extension platform. We prefer not to promise any release dates.

We believe that your experience with Spire will bring you new ideas and concepts.

Best regards,

Reveal Sound Team
I may be in the minority here but use the "limitations" of RE and give us something unique, and very modular. I really do not care about recreating something 1000s of people already have. I use Reason because I want to have a different process when creating.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Reasonistas
RE Developer

05 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:
chk071 wrote:
nooomy wrote:

You can do pages with a custom display, but some functionality is missing. Hoping to see advancements in the GUI capabilities soon.

But the ability to undo within the host is so huge. I mean, the inability to do that basic function with other formats seems light years behind.
This reminds, Ned Rush recently asked Ableton "Hey Ableton. Will we ever see this?"
Live.jpg
Live.jpg (178.3 KiB) Viewed 3809 times
So you mean to tell me that Ableton Live doesn't allow users to see their mixer, sequencer and devices at the same time....my my how backwards is that? ;) :o :?:
ImageImage

Creativemind

05 Aug 2016

Loque wrote:Always the limitations... Bad to hear. PH should listen to the devs if they dont listen to the users. Maybe they fear the downward compatibility, but a new SDK could also sell new Reason licenses...
I whole heartedly agree. Absolutely! SDK III is well overdue. I thought they may have released it in conjunction with Reason 9 (and added Sample Loading amongst others) and gave us a Granular Synth.

Fingers crossed there will be a point update soon which address my forementioned things.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Spryx

06 Aug 2016

SDK will get there....eventually. I hate to say I told you so :P....but I figured we wouldn't see Spire anytime soon.
latest:

Neo

04 Sep 2016

To wait zzz.. or pull the trigger on Blamsoft Inc. | Expanse Hyperwave Synthesizer lol

chk071

04 Sep 2016

From what i can tell they sound pretty different. So i guess it doesn't have to be a case of either/or. :P I wouldn't hold my breath for Spire RE though, it's a fact that they are not currently working on it due to SDK limitations. So, i wouldn't hope for a Spire RE before, say, 2018 or 2019. IF PH applied some changes to the RE SDK until then. If not, holding your breath might end up in suffocation...

Creativemind

05 Sep 2016

joeyluck wrote: You can do pages with a custom display, but some functionality is missing. Hoping to see advancements in the GUI capabilities soon.

What, so you can undo on or within the Re itself?

Aside from that, I would like an undo events list within Reason. Been wanted this for a couple of years.

chk071

06 Sep 2016

I always was under the impression that some VST hosts feature undo on VST parameters anyway, so i don't quite get the argument.

Creativemind

07 Sep 2016

chk071 wrote:I always was under the impression that some VST hosts feature undo on VST parameters anyway, so i don't quite get the argument.
We're not talking about vst's though mate, rack extensions.

chk071

07 Sep 2016

My post was in reply to this:

EnochLight

07 Sep 2016

chk071 wrote:I always was under the impression that some VST hosts feature undo on VST parameters anyway, so i don't quite get the argument.
The argument is, there's no consistency. In Reason, undo works as expected. In other DAW, it may be handled by the plugin, or it may be handled by the DAW - and depending on which window is in focus..
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information