PSQ-1684 - In the Shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Olivier

27 Jan 2016

electrofux wrote:Kindof reminds me on Tip Top Audios Trigger Riot.

Concerning Remote, please don't forget an output item for the playhead :-)
I'd love to have a good trigger riot clone inside Reason!
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

rcbuse
RE Developer

27 Jan 2016

EnochLight wrote: And - I'll bite! :D Why no patch browser, rc? You could include an extensive selection of pre-built Combi showing off this bad boy.
Mostly because I thought it was unnecessary. I might even argue that it was unnecessary in some of the older devices like Korde and Propulsion. With this device, there is even less of a standard way to hook it up. So, you really need to put it inside a combinator to make a savable patch with all the CV connections intact.

And leaving out a patch browser doesn't exclude it coming with a bunch of pre-built combinators that show it off.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

27 Jan 2016

rcbuse wrote:
EnochLight wrote: And - I'll bite! :D Why no patch browser, rc? You could include an extensive selection of pre-built Combi showing off this bad boy.
Mostly because I thought it was unnecessary. I might even argue that it was unnecessary in some of the older devices like Korde and Propulsion. With this device, there is even less of a standard way to hook it up. So, you really need to put it inside a combinator to make a savable patch with all the CV connections intact.

An leaving out a patch browser doesn't exclude it coming with a bunch of pre-built combinators that show it off.
Yeah, I do get your logic. That was kind of the reasoning I used when I didn't include a patch browser in Charlotte.

But as someone pointed out to me after v1 came out, it's just nice to be able to recall settings in advanced devices. The lack of it in, say, a Euclid or a Titus, is fine.

In many cases you might have multiple setups PSQ setups that do connect the same, as people found with Charlotte; in which case being able to quickly preview them rather than having to load entire Combis becomes useful.

And without a patch browser, you also can't copy settings from one device to another.

It's not a deal breaker, but it's always a useful thing to have imo on anything with more than just a few parameters.

chimp_spanner

27 Jan 2016

rcbuse wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:\please find room for a shuffle control (shuffle is love, shuffle is life)
done.
Well then. Are you accepting pre-orders? :lol:

Really looking forward to this man. Love your work. Got Korde, Propulsion, Curve and they all majorly saved my ass on the last job I did. No doubt this will be the same. Keep it up!

EnochLight

27 Jan 2016

rcbuse wrote:Mostly because I thought it was unnecessary. I might even argue that it was unnecessary in some of the older devices like Korde and Propulsion. With this device, there is even less of a standard way to hook it up. So, you really need to put it inside a combinator to make a savable patch with all the CV connections intact.

And leaving out a patch browser doesn't exclude it coming with a bunch of pre-built combinators that show it off.
My biggest concern is that without a patch browser, you can't copy settings from one device to another. :( But thanks for clarifying on the Combi idea. Device looks interesting!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

rcbuse
RE Developer

27 Jan 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote: In many cases you might have multiple setups PSQ setups that do connect the same, as people found with Charlotte; in which case being able to quickly preview them rather than having to load entire Combis becomes useful.

And without a patch browser, you also can't copy settings from one device to another.
true, true... certainly something I have to think about. I won't make it into the first release, but there is a growing todo list, so perhaps it will make the update.

rcbuse
RE Developer

02 Feb 2016

Just published the Operation Manual

Loque

02 Feb 2016

Oh dear...

I just wanted to have a quick look, but i think i need a bit more time to undetstand this thing and get a clue for which different stuff i can use it in a creative way...

I hope i can reserve a weekend if the RE is out in the shop...
Reason12, Win10

Emian

02 Feb 2016

Loque wrote:Oh dear...

I just wanted to have a quick look, but i think i need a bit more time to undetstand this thing and get a clue for which different stuff i can use it in a creative way...

I hope i can reserve a weekend if the RE is out in the shop...
i agree.... can't wait to try this out or see a video !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

dvdrtldg

02 Feb 2016

rcbuse wrote:Just published the Operation Manual
Holeeeeee shit

That's a real page turner. Very excited to get my hands on this one

MannequinRaces

02 Feb 2016

Enough with the technicalities, let's see this in action!! :)

electrofux

03 Feb 2016

rcbuse wrote:
electrofux wrote:Omg, love it. Everything remotable? please my launchpad pro cries for this.
Every single thing is remotable.
Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 12.20.06 PM.png
How about the selectors for the different sequencers (S1-S8) generators (A1-D4) and Quantizers? I am a Remote fanatic and love devices that i can control without looking at the screen or using the mouse.

Read the manual and i love it. Wanting to buy a Midifighter Twister :-)

rcbuse
RE Developer

03 Feb 2016

electrofux wrote: How about the selectors for the different sequencers (S1-S8) generators (A1-D4) and Quantizers? I am a Remote fanatic and love devices that i can control without looking at the screen or using the mouse.

I didn't apply remotes on the parameters that govern the selectors, but I will look into that. They are categorized as user interface parameters, because they have no bearing on function, only the display, so I'm not 100% sure they can be remoted.

chimp_spanner

03 Feb 2016

Oh man. Don't suppose you need beta testers do you? ;)

rcbuse
RE Developer

03 Feb 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:Oh man. Don't suppose you need beta testers do you? ;)
This one is already submitted, shouldn't be too long before its actually available. :puf_smile:

chimp_spanner

03 Feb 2016

rcbuse wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:Oh man. Don't suppose you need beta testers do you? ;)
This one is already submitted, shouldn't be too long before its actually available. :puf_smile:
Okay this seriously has to be the last RE I buy for a while :lol: I was saying to someone the other night it's a dangerous state of affairs when the things you need to work are also things you'd consider treats. Looking forward to this one for sure though! Any word from PH on approving the Shape fix?

rcbuse
RE Developer

03 Feb 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:Any word from PH on approving the Shape fix?
In the shop for updating now! :puf_smile:

Faastwalker

04 Feb 2016

Can't wait for this. Modular madness awaits. More of this please ;)

Faastwalker

07 Feb 2016

rcbuse wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:Any word from PH on approving the Shape fix?
In the shop for updating now! :puf_smile:
...... holding my breath for this one ;)

electrofux

08 Feb 2016

rcbuse wrote:
electrofux wrote: How about the selectors for the different sequencers (S1-S8) generators (A1-D4) and Quantizers? I am a Remote fanatic and love devices that i can control without looking at the screen or using the mouse.

I didn't apply remotes on the parameters that govern the selectors, but I will look into that. They are categorized as user interface parameters, because they have no bearing on function, only the display, so I'm not 100% sure they can be remoted.
Yeah this would be just for keeping in sync what is shown on your remote controller and what is currently diplayed on the device. So it is not THAT much needed in the end i figure. It might be usesfull though.

electrofux

09 Feb 2016

Cmon Props make it public, i am starting to F5 ;-)

DinoJ

09 Feb 2016

electrofux wrote:Cmon Props make it public, i am starting to F5 ;-)
Great minds and all that... I was just going to post something similar! :lol:

Am intrigued by this RE been checking for this everyday since rcbuse said it had been submitted!

Emian

10 Feb 2016

cool when will there be a video for it ?

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

rcbuse
RE Developer

10 Feb 2016

Emian wrote: cool when will there be a video for it ?
It's probably going to be a few more days before I can finish putting one together.

• Information