End of summer sale in the Propellerhead shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

24 Aug 2017

fieldframe wrote:
24 Aug 2017
Loque wrote:
24 Aug 2017

I never have seen a discount on upgrade prices.
Me either; I think the store still just doesn't support it.

Every time there's a big sale, though, I check to see if they've added it!

There aren't many paid upgrades to compare.

All they would have to do is change the upgrade price manually for a given period of time.

My guess is they simply forget and don't give it any thought.

Biolumin3sc3nt

24 Aug 2017

joeyluck wrote:
24 Aug 2017
fieldframe wrote:
24 Aug 2017

Me either; I think the store still just doesn't support it.

Every time there's a big sale, though, I check to see if they've added it!

There aren't many paid upgrades to compare.

All they would have to do is change the upgrade price manually for a given period of time.

My guess is they simply forget and don't give it any thought.
I sent Props some feedback and told em to check the RT forum ( not like they already don't ) - Hopefully they might consider an upgrade price change, ya never never know!

musicman

24 Aug 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
24 Aug 2017

Edit: not to discourage you from buying both. Just my two cents and it is still a really good deal. :)
Of course, it's good to hear opinion as some of it will undoubtedly resonate with my own. It's a bit like a kid in the candy shop but when I break it all down I'm not so sure about most of what's included in both the more I think about a purchase.

In the Synth rig:
As far as drum synths go I've already got D16's Punchbox and Sonic Academy's Kick 2, also got Drumazon and plenty of 808 samples and refills so not sure I need what's available in the rig on that side of things and I am currently buying Sylenth1 and Serum on buy-to-own. Like you I kinda like the Mono/Poly, I've already got the Polysix RE, but for standalone for 25 Euros I might just get that on its own.

In the Mix rig:
My genre is Electronic/EDM so many of the effects are perhaps more useful for audio recordings such as drums, bass guitar, guitar etc. I've had my eye on the GQ-7 though for a while so the 39 Euro price on it's own is great anyhow.

I might keep my money and wait for u-HE's Repro-5 to come out!

CaliforniaBurrito

24 Aug 2017

musicman wrote:
24 Aug 2017
Of course, it's good to hear opinion as some of it will undoubtedly resonate with my own. It's a bit like a kid in the candy shop but when I break it all down I'm not so sure about most of what's included in both the more I think about a purchase.

In the Synth rig:
As far as drum synths go I've already got D16's Punchbox and Sonic Academy's Kick 2, also got Drumazon and plenty of 808 samples and refills so not sure I need what's available in the rig on that side of things and I am currently buying Sylenth1 and Serum on buy-to-own. Like you I kinda like the Mono/Poly, I've already got the Polysix RE, but for standalone for 25 Euros I might just get that on its own.

In the Mix rig:
My genre is Electronic/EDM so many of the effects are perhaps more useful for audio recordings such as drums, bass guitar, guitar etc. I've had my eye on the GQ-7 though for a while so the 39 Euro price on it's own is great anyhow.

I might keep my money and wait for u-HE's Repro-5 to come out!
I'm a drum sample wav guy although D16 would be my first choice for drums. I have a few of their effects devices (RE's/VST's) and they do some great work. I bought U-he Diva this spring and that has been keeping me busy although I still call up Antidote and VK-2 regularly. Those three are really my go-to synths in any session. I make electronic music too and don't know why compression, eq, reverb, etc. is thought to be genre-specific. :think: :D I use devices from that mix/master rig in every project! And yeah GQ-7 is awesome.

AttenuationHz

24 Aug 2017

Way more value in the mix&master purchased a few sales ago and everything in it gets used. Even upgraded last year for the sake of it! There is some nice stuff in the synthetic though.

I have not used CQ-7 since VST implementation. Use FabFilter ProQ2 now. If you are just looking for an EQ with a graphic UI Q2 is well worth the price imo. I would have been willing to pay more than €149 for it! 24 band EQ and with CV inputs it is extremely powerful for dynamics. It's surprisingly light on resources compared to CQ-7 also. You don't need to use any other EQ if you own it!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

musicman

24 Aug 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
24 Aug 2017

I have not used CQ-7 since VST implementation. Use FabFilter ProQ2 now. If you are just looking for an EQ with a graphic UI Q2 is well worth the price imo.
Interesting, I have had the Q2 on demo but I got a bit lost in it, but that will be more down to my novice'ness when it comes to everything EQ :lol: GQ-7 seems simple to use by comparison. Perhaps I need to give Q2 another spin?

musicman

24 Aug 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
24 Aug 2017
I make electronic music too and don't know why compression, eq, reverb, etc. is thought to be genre-specific. :think: :D I use devices from that mix/master rig in every project! And yeah GQ-7 is awesome.
It's not that I think those things are genre specific, it was more than when I read up on each RE it seemed more geared to audio recording to me. Mind you I have been gung ho in the past with buying 'everything' (not just Reason related) so I try to step back a bit and consider things :lol:

I've not done music for about 16 years and just got back into in recent months. Opted for Reason as my preferred DAW and now building up the rack with goodies... but trying to be sensible rather than filling the rack for the sake of filling it!

moneykube

24 Aug 2017

electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote:
23 Aug 2017
It's not fully advertised yet, and the product prices are maybe not all updated yet, but I just wanted to let you all notice that the end of summer sale in on in the Propellerhead shop!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/deals/

I think the craziest deal up to now is Noxious from Zvork at 9$! Seriously? :puf_bigsmile:
can't say no to this deal wow
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

24 Aug 2017

Catblack wrote:
24 Aug 2017
Metro Click Machine is free during the sale
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... k-machine/
and of course this one... free rules

moneykube

24 Aug 2017

Loque wrote:
24 Aug 2017
Bumbum wrote:
24 Aug 2017
Sunder on sale !!! Finally!
There is a free VST available that can do amplitude splitting. But its not far as user friendly as Sunder.
which vst?

Dante

25 Aug 2017

Softube TubeTech is half price ! Do I bite ?
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... c-channel/

I checked the VST price seems around 3 times the price of the RE sale price.

AttenuationHz

25 Aug 2017

Selig Gain/DeEsser/Leveler are invaluable tools the cost of them is €147 so you might as well say you're getting everything else for €2 in the M&M 2 bundle. Just to point out the very obvious that's where the value is with it you can do the same calculation for anything else in the bundle. Not so much with other bundles depending on you're preferences of course.
musicman wrote:
24 Aug 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
24 Aug 2017

I have not used CQ-7 since VST implementation. Use FabFilter ProQ2 now. If you are just looking for an EQ with a graphic UI Q2 is well worth the price imo.
Interesting, I have had the Q2 on demo but I got a bit lost in it, but that will be more down to my novice'ness when it comes to everything EQ :lol: GQ-7 seems simple to use by comparison. Perhaps I need to give Q2 another spin?
What's to get lost in? It has the same amount EQ knobs as any parametric EQ. :lol:

The only difference with Q2 is choosing the band types and dB range (band slopes). Q2 even makes it easy by providing a piano roll to lock frequencies to the tuning. Besides all that you can emulate what CQ-7 does with Q2 and then some.

Speaking from experience here, do what you will, you'd be mad not having Q2' features or choosing any other EQ over it. If you can afford the cost of Q2 it is a must have but in saying that if VST's didn't get integrated I'd probably be still using CQ-7 then again I'd be ReWiring to ableton just to use Q2 for Mastering.

There's another EQ in the M&M Lab:one black knight that is more or less CQ-7 without the GUI also a pretty good EQ. Even without both EQ's not in the M&M its great value.
Last edited by AttenuationHz on 25 Aug 2017, edited 1 time in total.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Loque

25 Aug 2017

moneykube wrote:
24 Aug 2017
Loque wrote:
24 Aug 2017

There is a free VST available that can do amplitude splitting. But its not far as user friendly as Sunder.
which vst?
Try this one: http://www.audio-tk.com/atk-transient-splitter/
Reason12, Win10

FLVZ

25 Aug 2017

Dante wrote:
25 Aug 2017

I'm definitely going to bite. Endorsed by the guys who make the hardware ($8000), I doubt I'll ever see a better deal than this on the RE Tube-Tech. There might be a killer VST price on a BlackFriday sale or something in future, but honestly I prefer to have a reliable hassle free RE version anyday of the week!

miscend

25 Aug 2017

EdGrip wrote:
24 Aug 2017
New low (I think) of 49 Earth coins for Antidote, which is still probably my fave all-round synth. Grab it! Also, it just shows that Synapse are prepared to do deep discounts on synths (Legend!). But it might take a few years. Grab VK-2 and a new computer to power it while you wait?
It was the same price during the summer sale.

FLVZ

25 Aug 2017

miscend wrote:
25 Aug 2017

You mean may madness?

miscend

25 Aug 2017

Flavolous wrote:
25 Aug 2017
miscend wrote:
25 Aug 2017

You mean may madness?
Yeah that one

EdGrip

25 Aug 2017

I've got a feeling it was 59 last time, but who knows?

JDoyle

25 Aug 2017

Antidote was $79 in the May Madness sale.

dvdrtldg

26 Aug 2017

Flavolous wrote:
25 Aug 2017
Dante wrote:
25 Aug 2017

I'm definitely going to bite. Endorsed by the guys who make the hardware ($8000), I doubt I'll ever see a better deal than this on the RE Tube-Tech. There might be a killer VST price on a BlackFriday sale or something in future, but honestly I prefer to have a reliable hassle free RE version anyday of the week!
Try the combination of Cakewalk's RE-2A compressor and Kuassa's MP5 EQ first

I ran them (non-scientifically, ears only) against Tubetech and really couldn't hear enough of a difference to justify the price of the latter

Loque

26 Aug 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
26 Aug 2017
Flavolous wrote:
25 Aug 2017

Try the combination of Cakewalk's RE-2A compressor and Kuassa's MP5 EQ first

I ran them (non-scientifically, ears only) against Tubetech and really couldn't hear enough of a difference to justify the price of the latter
The EQs are different compared to MP5 to my ears. The compressor is very soft compared to RE-2A. The compressor has a bug in tooltips and they won't fix this. The Tube-Tech is good imo. If it's worth the price? Not sure about it...
Reason12, Win10

decoder

27 Aug 2017

Been thinking long and hard about getting Lectric Panda's Korde and/or Propulsion...
Already have Fritz and love what it does, and with the $19 sale price for Korde and Propulsion it seems like a good RE investment.
Any opinions and experiences (good or bad) are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

dvdrtldg

27 Aug 2017

Propulsion is a no brainer. It's just an elegant, flexible unit designed perfectly for the Reason environment

Korde is a bit of a "huh?" device for me - I like to fiddle & experiment with it and occasionally end up with something great, but can't say I've got it entirely figured out in terms of its full potential. Would love to see some good video tutorials exploring it in depth. But at the current price, why not just pick it up

Bumbum

28 Aug 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
27 Aug 2017
Propulsion is a no brainer. It's just an elegant, flexible unit designed perfectly for the Reason environment

Korde is a bit of a "huh?" device for me - I like to fiddle & experiment with it and occasionally end up with something great, but can't say I've got it entirely figured out in terms of its full potential. Would love to see some good video tutorials exploring it in depth. But at the current price, why not just pick it up
same here, propulsion is really flexible, best sequencer there is
and korde is something that i dont really get hold of, so you should first try demo
but i have to say, if you dont have nostromo yet, its a beast with fritz. Panda has released lots of free patches to nostromo so you dont run out of material.

CaliforniaBurrito

28 Aug 2017

decoder wrote:
27 Aug 2017
Been thinking long and hard about getting Lectric Panda's Korde and/or Propulsion...
Already have Fritz and love what it does, and with the $19 sale price for Korde and Propulsion it seems like a good RE investment.
Any opinions and experiences (good or bad) are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I am in the Korde camp and it is great for arpeggios. I'm not sure why the other two posters don't get it. Draw a chord sequence in the Korde lane and flip through the preset patches for starters. Great and inspiring results that probably wouldn't come around naturally. People tend to be a bit cheesy with arpeggios in my opinion but Korde melts the cheese.

• Information