Reveal Sound Spire RE confirmed in the works!!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chk071

01 Dec 2015

selig wrote:
pjeudy wrote::(
selig wrote:Not sure this thread title is 100% accurate - the linked post is circumstantial evidence at best…

Also worth pointing out the current interface cannot be directly ported to Reason RE format for a number of reasons, which of course I cannot go into here. Sorry!
:)
"And continue to develop RE format for Reason." Sounds concrete to me...unless. ..they are developing a new IP just for Reason ..because they have no other product.

No one knows if they feel like they can work around the SDK limit [panel switching] but I don't see why they would even mention RE/format/for Reason. No one forced them to type in those 17 letters :-)

But only will tell!
I would have been more confident with the words "and continue to develop SPIRE as an RE for Reason". As worded it is vague when it COULD have been very direct and unambiguous - IF that's what was intended.

Just saying that no, it was not "confirmed" in that one vague sentence, at best it was "leading" IMO.
On the other hand, it was a post about Spire. Would be surprising if they mention the development of another RE plugin in an announcement about Spire. :P
:reason: :rebirth:

EnochLight

01 Dec 2015

selig wrote:Just to be clear, I'm not saying it WON'T happen, just that they seem to have left a generous amount of "wiggle room" in that one sentence, which should be taken into account when drawing bold conclusions!
joeyluck wrote:Just for fun...
dream_crusher.png
dream_crusher.png (87.64 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
:P
LMAO!!!!!! :lol: I just spat my coffee out - thanks Joey.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

01 Dec 2015

selig wrote:Not sure this thread title is 100% accurate - the linked post is circumstantial evidence at best…

Also worth pointing out the current interface cannot be directly ported to Reason RE format for a number of reasons, which of course I cannot go into here. Sorry!
I agree on the current interface being an issue with the RE format limitations, but then there's this:
reveal.jpg
reveal.jpg (349.41 KiB) Viewed 2512 times
;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

pjeudy

01 Dec 2015

Oh..."After the Pro tools version" sigh..... :-( I want my Mommy !
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Wook

01 Dec 2015

Dream Crusher would actually be a badass name for an RE or VST.

martynx

01 Dec 2015

I want one of those!

EnochLight

01 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote:Oh..."After the Pro tools version" sigh..... :-( I want my Mommy !
They released the Pro Tools version back in October 2014 for Mac and February 2015 for PC. ;)

pjeudy

01 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote:
They released the Pro Tools version back in October 2014 for Mac and February 2015 for PC. ;)
I'm happy again !
Wow... I didn't expect to be in an emotional roller coaster in this thread.
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

chk071

01 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
I'm happy again !
Wow... I didn't expect to be in an emotional roller coaster in this thread.
The roller coaster continues, the reply from Reveal-Sound posted above saying that a Pro Tools version has to come first is from march 2015, so it probably refers to Version 1.1 of the Pro Tools version... well, all speculations, but it could take a while for sure considering how long it took for them to develop the new DSP engine... i guess now they're done with that, the things to come could take a bit less time though.
:reason: :rebirth:

pjeudy

01 Dec 2015

Spire 1.1 New Features - Spire Tutorial

Skullture

03 Dec 2015

So I emailed the dev, this is what they had to say about it:
Greetings!

Sorry for the delay in replying

At this point there are some basic limitations in Propellerhead REASON Rack Extension platform, that make it impossible to port Spire plug-in with it's full functionality.

However, we will consider to release Spire for Propellerhead REASON Rack Extension platform, as soon as the optimization for Spire 1.1 will be completed. We prefer not to promise any release dates.

We believe that your experience with Spire will bring you some new ideas and concepts.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,

The Reveal Sound Team

EnochLight

03 Dec 2015

Skullture wrote:So I emailed the dev, this is what they had to say about it:
Greetings!

At this point there are some basic limitations in Propellerhead REASON Rack Extension platform, that make it impossible to port Spire plug-in with it's full functionality.

However, we will consider to release Spire for Propellerhead REASON Rack Extension platform, as soon as the optimization for Spire 1.1 will be completed. We prefer not to promise any release dates.

We believe that your experience with Spire will bring you some new ideas and concepts.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,

The Reveal Sound Team
Appropriate:
dream_crusher.png
dream_crusher.png (87.64 KiB) Viewed 2428 times

Skullture

03 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote:
Greetings!

Stay tuned!

Best regards,

The Reveal Sound Team
Appropriate:
dream_crusher.png
hahaha poor us :puf_wink:

pjeudy

03 Dec 2015

Skullture wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
Greetings!

Stay tuned!

Best regards,

The Reveal Sound Team
Appropriate:
dream_crusher.png
hahaha poor us :puf_wink:
I got the same email this morning and I'm just now beginning to deal with it. Yep that email was a very cold shower :-)

Ok back to plan B...... spam Propellerhead....:where the heck is switchable panels !!!!! ?????? And sample loading ????? Come on !!" Lol... :-)

joeyluck

03 Dec 2015

Ahhh. And there it is.

Just found this...
If you flip the DreamCrusher around, you'll find a 'reality check' button on the back. Didn't see it before.
:P

Well at least Reveal Sound has some things to keep them busy before they attempt to deliver Reason users an amended version...
Hope everything works out on a timeline that makes things possible by the time they are ready to develop the RE.

Karim
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2015

The good man Selig was thin and elegant (and realistic) about Spire for Reason.
On my own I stopped believing in Santa Claus already many years ago.
I'm happy to use it thaks God on Cubase along with many other great products well supported as Serum, Sylenth, Massive, Hive and the whole gang.

Perhaps it is premature to say that Reason is doomed but am slowly abandoning the ship.
Not nice and slow.....
:(
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

eXode

03 Dec 2015

lemec wrote:Perhaps it is premature to say that Reason is doomed but am slowly abandoning the ship.
Not nice and slow.....
On the other hand, don't you think propellerhead have a plan, considering companies like Reveal-Sound and LennarDigital are knocking on the door?

Propellerhead don't have the luxury to rush features into the SDK, which is also likely why features that you and me take for granted haven't been implemented (yet). That doesn't mean that they won't be implemented ever, it just means that propellerhead need not only think about adding features, but also how they add them.

However, at the end of the day it's details that neither you and I need to worry about. Either we continue to use Reason because it works for what we do, or we find something else that better suite our needs. :)

XysteR

03 Dec 2015

I still don't get why some Reason users keep looking over the fence just for the sake of VSTs. For instance, if I want Massive or Reaktor or my Access Virus in Reason it's literally a few clicks. But to be brutally honest, with the likes of Antodote, Zero, Parsec and several other synths in my rack I don't even bother to use either of my NI synths or the virus anymore. In fact, the virus is pretty much sold now - I only want to work entirely within the Reason box. I'll hang onto the NI licences, and I'm genuinely not fussed if Props end up including some kind of VST wrapper or not. There is no way I will ever jump ship from Reason. I just couldn't put up with the complete ballache of another DAW, farting on registering plugins, finding licences, validating, more farting about setting everything up, only to find it spits it dummy back out at you with crashes and bugs. No thanks!

With Reason you can have a complete HDD failure and it's only a case of installing, logging into props, hit sync and you're back in business without any fear or stress - It's just bliss really.

It'd be nice to see Spire in the rack, but i'm not hearing anything groundbreaking, 'it's just another synth'

Skullture

03 Dec 2015

XysteR wrote:With Reason you can have a complete HDD failure and it's only a case of installing, logging into props, hit sync and you're back in business without any fear or stress - It's just bliss really.
So glad they have this feature, I've heard so many stories from my friends harddrives crashing.

pjeudy

03 Dec 2015

lemec wrote:The good man Selig was thin and elegant (and realistic) about Spire for Reason.
On my own I stopped believing in Santa Claus already many years ago.
I'm happy to use it thaks God on Cubase along with many other great products well supported as Serum, Sylenth, Massive, Hive and the whole gang.
Well can I be honest with you ? and I would hate to speak for others ...but I will ! Seligs point was understood 100%! :thumbs_up: actually there was nothing he said about Reason not yet being able to switch panels that went over anyone's head...We where just hoping against hope that Reveal could do something...and showing love and excitement for the device and Reveal clearly wouldn't mind porting to REASON. Unlike other devs who flat out say NO!.. and being that we like the way it sounds...and it's Signal path allows some really nice sound shaping ability's.! That's all! ;)

lemec wrote:Perhaps it is premature to say that Reason is doomed but am slowly abandoning the ship.
Not nice and slow.....
I really really understand your sentiment there !
In some of my post, I give Reason it's kick in the butt when ever I feel that it needs it. REASON mayyyyyyyybe not be Doomed...it's just that Properllerheads decided to take the long Road instead of the short Road! Instead of trying to force feed VSTs into REASON they decided that they have a better vintage point..having already seen the history and present predicament of VST plugins. They decided that they would do it better...for the users and the developer.

Take a look at the KVR page of SPIRE 1.1...they have to squash more bugs then the CDC.Well if they where coding for REASON...all they mostly have to worry about is REASON it's self...as long as REASON works for an OS then the plugin will work for that OS *usually and most of the time* then focus on even more powerful tools or updates for there devices instead of chasing bugs for multiple OS configurations and DAWs out there!

Reason is a GOD sent for Creating patches...no other DAW out here is better suited for that...NONE *other then REAKTOR*...but Reaktor is not a DAW so there's a lot missing there.
What Propellerheads has planned for REASON Rack Extension I'm sure will be powerful...BUT IN 5 or more YEARS :( if it's less then cool.

But as of TODAY and next year and the next year ? if you like me and like all those new tech/tools for making Music..FALCON,EXHALE By Output,The powerful sounds for KONTAK,SERUM,MASSIVE and the list goes on...well we ain't gonna find them in REASON. Propellerheads needs to step up the features in REASON the DAW also...there are dozens of improvements to REASON the DAW that needs to happen to help make the wait for RE SDK evolution a little more tolerable ! But Propellerhead I don't think have the man woman power to do all at once *Mobil apps,RE SDK,REASON* so something will lag behind.

Because of all the powerful plugins found out side of REASON...and the fact that spending $9-$29-$49 ect... in the shop I feel will break our wallets in small increments...I'm thinking of changing my guide line for purchasing Rack Extensions in 2016....I have to raise the bar that I have set and purchase devices that pushes the envelope of REASON SDK a little more, for the sake of my wallet. Blamsoft ZERO,OBERO is a perfect example of that.
That might be away to tell dev to go even further with the limits of the SDK.....man I tell you these low cost devices add up to a large sum of money that could be available for a more powered device. But then again when a device like Megasaurus/ORBIS comes out well all bets are off. So it would have to be on a case by case bases.

New/older dev in 2016 need to step up the GUI game also, I've been supporting almost anythings that comes into the shop...but I'm a more mature 2 years REASON Rack Extension purchaser now..and my Money doesn't grow on a tree, and seeing all the goodies on the Dark Side, that my money could go towards also. So the bar is going up in 2016 for sure.
Last edited by pjeudy on 03 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.

XysteR

03 Dec 2015

Skullture wrote:
XysteR wrote:With Reason you can have a complete HDD failure and it's only a case of installing, logging into props, hit sync and you're back in business without any fear or stress - It's just bliss really.
So glad they have this feature, I've heard so many stories from my friends harddrives crashing.
Yup it's stress free. To further avoid stress I also have my 'created data' backup in place: Everything I create in Reason is contained in a single folder with subfolders for patches, songs, refills etc. This is backed up individually on 2 separate HDD's. Always be safe with your created data. This coupled with Props ease of recovery is just perfect. Providing my house doesn't get bombed lol

pjeudy

03 Dec 2015

XysteR wrote:I still don't get why some Reason users keep looking over the fence just for the sake of VSTs. For instance, if I want Massive or Reaktor or my Access Virus in Reason it's literally a few clicks. But to be brutally honest, with the likes of Antodote, Zero, Parsec and several other synths in my rack I don't even bother to use either of my NI synths or the virus anymore. In fact, the virus is pretty much sold now - I only want to work entirely within the Reason box. I'll hang onto the NI licences, and I'm genuinely not fussed if Props end up including some kind of VST wrapper or not. There is no way I will ever jump ship from Reason. I just couldn't put up with the complete ballache of another DAW, farting on registering plugins, finding licences, validating, more farting about setting everything up, only to find it spits it dummy back out at you with crashes and bugs. No thanks!

With Reason you can have a complete HDD failure and it's only a case of installing, logging into props, hit sync and you're back in business without any fear or stress - It's just bliss really.

It'd be nice to see Spire in the rack, but i'm not hearing anything groundbreaking, 'it's just another synth'
Well I want MASSIVE and SPIRE in REASON for the same reason I like Antidote and Parsec! They are are powerful sound making Instruments! that talented developers create for all of us to use...so why not ask them to be in REASON?

Sometimes you can not hear what sounds groundbreaking but you can see it or READ it. http://www.reveal-sound.com/downloads/d ... manual.pdf
What SPIRE has in it's belly to allow you to modulate create a sound is FANTASTIC! Just like THOR is fantastic sound creating instrument! But just hearing a THOR sound may not reveal some of the processes that went into making the sound!

good point about re installing your plugins.

EnochLight

03 Dec 2015

I realize Selig is a dev and has intimate knowledge of RE's and the SDK, but I also own Spire already and can tell what it needs from a GUI. Contrary to what has been said, with some esthetic/GUI compromises and changes, Spire could in fact be done as a current RE. Changeable panels can be addressed just like Zvork did with Oberon and Props did with Syncronous. If Reveal Sound are having difficulty, it's likely due to excessive DSP use and/or the fact that they want a 1:1 GUI port. Just my 2 cents though.

pjeudy

03 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote:I realize Selig is a dev and has intimate knowledge of RE's and the SDK, but I also own Spire already and can tell what it needs from a GUI. Contrary to what has been said, with some esthetic/GUI compromises and changes, Spire could in fact be done as a current RE. Changeable panels can be addressed just like Zvork did with Oberon and Props did with Syncronous. If Reveal Sound are having difficulty, it's likely due to excessive DSP use and/or the fact that they want a 1:1 GUI port. Just my 2 cents though.
GUI compromises will definitely have to be made :thumbs_up: I can live with that as long as everything is there...but dev might want to look exactly the same.

• Information