Preview and beta call for new Ochen K synth

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
eusti

28 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote:I'm guessing the mod matrix changes were the things that kept Ochen K coding day and night for the past 6 months. Looking forward to the release - it's been a while since we've seen a new synth with such radical custom display widgets. Hoping that factory patches show off its potential.
I cannot speak for Ochen, but I think he hinted at "internal changes that made a complete rewrite of the audio engine necessary"...
(loosely paraphrased)

Here's a quote from his post: "But during the first round of beta testing back in the summer, a number of feature suggestions were offered that I decided to include for launch, so I went back to the coding phase and built those. Many of those new features required substantial rewrites of 4MER's core audio engine, so in many ways, 4MER was rebuilt from the ground up."

D.

zeebot

28 Dec 2015

I had the privilege of being involved in the first round of Beta but didn't have the spare time for the second due to other commitments.
Have to say from the time I had testing it it really is very enjoyable to program and it sounds awesome :D
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Dance FX 21

29 Dec 2015

Looks Nice!

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Tincture

08 Jan 2016

Sorry, Ochen, I can't find how to post comments rather than bugs..? And quite wisely (for your time) you don't answer personal emails.

So I've ended up here... I like the latest version (downloaded 13 and 14 tonight for a looong time, Props issue) much less CPU hit and a bit less aliasing... I'd love to make some good patches for this ... Pads especially but Poly leads and basses too. But I'd need a couple of weeks at least... and I'm sorry but with any amount of modulation of the waveforms aliasing is pretty bad at the mo... hence alot of dull LP patches to date...

PM me or ignore me... if the latter, sorry, I love your creativity.

eusti

08 Jan 2016

Tincture wrote:Sorry, Ochen, I can't find how to post comments rather than bugs..? And quite wisely (for your time) you don't answer personal emails.

So I've ended up here... I like the latest version (downloaded 13 and 14 tonight for a looong time, Props issue) much less CPU hit and a bit less aliasing... I'd love to make some good patches for this ... Pads especially but Poly leads and basses too. But I'd need a couple of weeks at least... and I'm sorry but with any amount of modulation of the waveforms aliasing is pretty bad at the mo... hence alot of dull LP patches to date...

PM me or ignore me... if the latter, sorry, I love your creativity.
Ochen rarely reads the forum.

PM sent.

D.

Tincture

08 Jan 2016

Yeah I stepped out Dirk. Apologies. But I knew what I was doing. I have driver and it's great in theory I love using it for builds, fades, all that fx and melodic goodness but in truth it needs revisiting because it aliases badly and gets bad in the high end quite easily.

4mer is an aliasing fiend even at b14 with v. Little modulation so hence my frustration and out of order comments. I won't say any more but I'm sure I've burned my bridges. I hope it comes out ok.

EnochLight

09 Jan 2016

Tincture wrote:Yeah I stepped out Dirk. Apologies. But I knew what I was doing. I have driver and it's great in theory I love using it for builds, fades, all that fx and melodic goodness but in truth it needs revisiting because it aliases badly and gets bad in the high end quite easily.

4mer is an aliasing fiend even at b14 with v. Little modulation so hence my frustration and out of order comments. I won't say any more but I'm sure I've burned my bridges. I hope it comes out ok.
Well, hopefully Ochen will fix the aliasing prior to release. No amount of cool GUI will fix an issue with sound. :o
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Tincture

09 Jan 2016

Think I may have been a bit moody after waiting for the DLs last night. Today's new version reveals a hidden feature that really helps. Started making patches tonight and had great fun.

XysteR

23 Jan 2016

Any news on this?

• Information