Heavyocity AEON Now available for Reason

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
boobytrap

10 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:I am having no issues downloading these. I have them on my MacBook Pro at home and Windows machine at work.
No problem downloading on two different machines with two different connections.

Make sure your Authorizer is up-to-date.
Yah it's the latest version. But not only me having this problem. Anyway I already forget this. Heavyocity AEON is history.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

michal22

10 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:I am having no issues downloading these. I have them on my MacBook Pro at home and Windows machine at work.
No problem downloading on two different machines with two different connections.

I'm on 2.9d5 (build 285) version. This is the newest?
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

joeyluck

10 May 2016

michal22 wrote:

I'm on 2.9d5 (build 285) version. This is the newest?
That sounds about right. Weird that it is stopping at the same point for you guys.
I'm going to try downloading on another computer...

[EDIT 1] It's downloading slowly. But I'm at 1.5GB right now and still going...

[EDIT 2] It finished downloading. Total time was 32 min on this slow WiFi

michal22

10 May 2016

joeyluck wrote: That sounds about right. Weird that it is stopping at the same point for you guys.

[EDIT] It's downloading slowly. But I'm at 1.5GB right now and still going...
I am trying 10 times. Now it is 833 MB, and I started a lot earlier than you. Interesting. ;)
Maybe some countries have priorities? Thanks for the help. Maybe this time will succeed. I am waiting.

sdst
Competition Winner

10 May 2016

by listening the sample song it sounds very cinemátic

I'm not into movie now but it looks interesting

boobytrap

10 May 2016

michal22 wrote:
joeyluck wrote: That sounds about right. Weird that it is stopping at the same point for you guys.

[EDIT] It's downloading slowly. But I'm at 1.5GB right now and still going...
I am trying 10 times. Now it is 833 MB, and I started a lot earlier than you. Interesting. ;)
Maybe some countries have priorities? Thanks for the help. Maybe this time will succeed. I am waiting.
I ask PH guys and they said sorry..... downloading AEON is a CHANCE. like a lottery. We can see there are some winners. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By the way I give up! Why every bad things happen only for Reason users

KIKBAK1

10 May 2016

These aren't for me. Too metallic sounding.
KIKBAK1.com

Noplan
Competition Winner

10 May 2016

Maybe some countries have priorities?
Yes we germans have priority everywhere. When i'm downloading AEON some of your downloads stop immediately for my full bandwith.

fieldframe
RE Developer

10 May 2016

People like this UI? :?

Maybe if you have one of those glowing waterfall paintings on your wall. It's over-shaded, over-textured and just ends up looking tacky next to the much more restrained look of the core Reason devices.

michal22

10 May 2016

Download failed... again :(

It's probably the Germans :puf_bigsmile: ;)

Loque

10 May 2016

fieldframe wrote:People like this UI? :?

Maybe if you have one of those glowing waterfall paintings on your wall. It's over-shaded, over-textured and just ends up looking tacky next to the much more restrained look of the core Reason devices.
Hail to the black and white 2D flat design of the good old 80s...
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

10 May 2016

Have you turned the Punish knob? :puf_smile:

I really enjoy this different flavor.

decibel

10 May 2016

i wonder if people who actually purchase it out right are having any issues with the download ? or are the difficulty's being experienced restricted to people who want to trial the device ?

also, surprized that a few people kind of have negative reviews of the product ? i think its great that reason has expanded a little bit more once again, every little step is one more step in a positive direction if you ask me, i really hope reason implements a bunch of the major changes that people have been requesting and gets their sdk evolved to a higher level soon,, not that its not already capable of creating decent results as is ? but there's always room for improvements etc ;)

joeyluck

10 May 2016

Here is a response from Heavocity about sample switching and future products:
Hello Joey,

Sample switching is not a feature that is included in AEON (RE or Kontakt versions). Each preset is designed with a specific sound set assigned to the three channels...
We will consider your feedback for future updates to AEON and other products. While I cannot discuss our future plans for development, I can say that we are thrilled to engage a new audience and get our instruments into the hands of Reason users.
Thanks again!
I'm so happy to have them on board :D

geronimo

10 May 2016

Nice _ :puf_smile:

dvdrtldg

10 May 2016

Loque wrote:

Hail to the black and white 2D flat design of the good old 80s...
Well it's not an either/or thing. You can have a nice subtle interface without having to go 2D black & white. Since we're talking about it, I also think this UI is absolutely hideous, one of the tackiest looking devices in the shop

boobytrap

10 May 2016

After all of this, the product is now 3 star. Going down within 2 days. What a crummy ending!

joeyluck

10 May 2016

boobytrap wrote:After all of this, the product is now 3 star. Going down within 2 days. What a crummy ending!
They are both easily 5 stars. People need to be held accountable for their ratings. Ratings should be attached to usernames and reviews should be required in order to rate. These are top notch.

And the developer should never be held accountable for someone else's download issues.

Skullture

10 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:
boobytrap wrote:After all of this, the product is now 3 star. Going down within 2 days. What a crummy ending!
They are both easily 5 stars. People need to be held accountable for their ratings. Ratings should be attached to usernames and reviews should be required in order to rate. These are top notch.

And the developer should never be held accountable for someone else's download issues.
Agreed, the rating system could really use a serious user experience boost. User reviews are quote basic stuff nowadays.

mayzon

10 May 2016

I've downloaded this 4 times without success. Just says 'Download failed' in Authorizer. I was using an older Authorizer patch and then updated to the latest version but it still failed. I'm out of idea. Help Props??

dvdrtldg

10 May 2016

Skullture wrote:
joeyluck wrote:

Agreed, the rating system could really use a serious user experience boost. User reviews are quote basic stuff nowadays.
People could always ignore the ratings altogether, trial the devices and judge for themselves. Anybody who bases their decision on a context-free 5 point rating system deserves to be disappointed

Softphonics

10 May 2016

Skullture wrote:
joeyluck wrote:

Just to chip in on that topic guys,

We were one developer who held serious talks about the rating system about 6 months ago with Props in a serious meeting.
We had an issue with the same person giving us 1 star on all products..

So this can drag a rating down because of the averages system. And can give false information depending on who rates products.
On a quick survey people who are generally really happy with a product get so engrossed in making music that they don't think of going back online to score the 5* as much as the guy who has a bee in his bonnet who cant wait to hit that 2 or 3 star..

However it was decided by props that the budget going forward for now did not cover an overhaul of the rating system.
We had been pushing for ratings to be publicly signed by the username attached and a space to write a brief few lines.

Sadly it is not going to happen anytime soon. And what this means is that a "rating left in anger" malicious or not, can seriously effect a developers hard work, the system needs to allow for transparency.

dvdrtldg wrote:
People could always ignore the ratings altogether, trial the devices and judge for themselves. Anybody who bases their decision on a context-free 5 point rating system deserves to be disappointed
The problem there is that while RE's give you a trial of 30 days which allows you to decide for yourself, Refills do not have that opportunity.
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

Skullture

10 May 2016

Softphonics wrote:
Skullture wrote:
joeyluck wrote:

Just to chip in on that topic guys,

We were one developer who held serious talks about the rating system about 6 months ago with Props in a serious meeting.
We had an issue with the same person giving us 1 star on all products..

So this can drag a rating down because of the averages system. And can give false information depending on who rates products.
On a quick survey people who are generally really happy with a product get so engrossed in making music that they don't think of going back online to score the 5* as much as the guy who has a bee in his bonnet who cant wait to hit that 2 or 3 star..

However it was decided by props that the budget going forward for now did not cover an overhaul of the rating system.
We had been pushing for ratings to be publicly signed by the username attached and a space to write a brief few lines.

Sadly it is not going to happen anytime soon. And what this means is that a "rating left in anger" malicious or not, can seriously effect a developers hard work, the system needs to allow for transparency.
Good insight there, thanks for sharing. But it's hard to think that it would take so much from their budget, a good web developer can fix this in a day (few days?) (maybe use an already established rating system, nobody cares if it's unique)
It would also affect Props (thus everyone's) business in a much better way, the more diverse info you offer, the more people you will reach. Some people just don't like hitting that try button, or they don't have the time to properly test it.

Softphonics

10 May 2016

Skullture wrote: Good insight there, thanks for sharing. But it's hard to think that it would take so much from their budget, a good web developer can fix this in a day (few days?) (maybe use an already established rating system, nobody cares if it's unique)
It would also affect Props (thus everyone's) business in a much better way, the more diverse info you offer, the more people you will reach. Some people just don't like hitting that try button, or they don't have the time to properly test it.
I think part of the issue is that a third party developer runs the prop shop software.
I even submitted a mock up of a simple system that would work, It was looked at by all involved as an idea of a simple way to implement it into the existing store, but as I say, sadly they say it is not possible due to funds for the forseeable future.
------
Serious Sound For Serious Producers :reason:
http://www.Softphonics.com

joeyluck

10 May 2016

Softphonics wrote:
Skullture wrote: Good insight there, thanks for sharing. But it's hard to think that it would take so much from their budget, a good web developer can fix this in a day (few days?) (maybe use an already established rating system, nobody cares if it's unique)
I think part of the issue is that a third party developer runs the prop shop software.
I even submitted a mock up of a simple system that would work, It was looked at by all involved as an idea of a simple way to implement it into the existing store, but as I say, sadly they say it is not possible due to funds for the forseeable future.
I think if they can't address it, they should simply remove it. Or hide it and use it for themselves (Propellerhead and developers) if they are getting any use out of it.

I get that some folks say that users should not place much weight on ratings, but it's understandable that it's hard to look past that. It plays a big part in building the image of the product. If you've seen the number of people who post here saying, "What do you think of this?" You know that people place a great deal of value of other Reason user's opinions aside from their own impressions. And I can only imagine how much more weight the rating system carries for the MANY Reason users not involved here or any other group or forum.

Even if you're trying something that you like, you start to question, "But why do others not like it? Why did they rate this way? What am I missing? Is it a bug I'll encounter later? Is there simply a product/practice that does it better? Is this a reflection of the customer service I'll receive?" etc.

It seems equally unfair across ReFills and REs. I can't rate ReFills that I own that I bought elsewhere. I've wanted to help out some folks with giving good ratings for ReFills I really like, but I can't. But somebody can rate a RE immediately after hitting the TRY button before even downloading and ever actually trying. If anything, they should show us the number of votes. I think ANY addition to the rating system would be helpful. But if nothing, then it just needs to go away.

• Information