End of summer sale in the Propellerhead shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

31 Aug 2017

Tempted by Distillery & Spectre. They were a lot of fun when I TRY'd them. Definitely want to get hold of Fritz in this sale as well (love my creative FX more than any other types of RE's). The sale ends the day before pay day, which is a bummer as I won't be able to buy everything I want in the sale this time round :(

Dante

31 Aug 2017

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
29 Aug 2017
Dante wrote:
29 Aug 2017

I already have RE-2A and Kuassa MP5. But I broke down and got the TubeTech, just for the glamour of it and the convenience of having EQ and Comp in one RE where I can save presets that include both.
Awesome! Let us know how it goes
I like it. On all vocal channels previously I was using the McDSP E670 then the RE-2A compressor in series. Now the Tube-Tech replaces these 2 and it seems so far to be more convenient and use a little less DSP. The sound is very good - I have tried it only on one project so far with 6 vocal tracks, one Tube-Tech per track (at 96KHz). It will take me a while - maybe a month to really fine tune it on a number of mixes and listening to come to an experience based conclusion about the sound vs E670+RE-2A combo but I think sonically its heading in that right direction so far.

dhruan

31 Aug 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
31 Aug 2017
Tempted by Distillery & Spectre. They were a lot of fun when I TRY'd them.
Check out the Chaotix bundle, you can get them together for 59€ > https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_bundle/chaotix/

IIRC that is the usual, non-discounted price so it is the same even after the summer sale ends.
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

scratchnsnifff

31 Aug 2017

strangers wrote:
30 Aug 2017
scratchnsnifff wrote:
30 Aug 2017
Distillery has been wonderful in my productions, I now use a lot of percussion loops and use distillery to stutter, I want to start making use of its pitch shifting
I'll be watching for anything you post. Distillery is a monster. I'm still in the process of learning the pitch features so anything you've got would be great inspiration. Pretty sure I remember checking out something of yours that I really liked within the last month or so, so you've got my attention.
Il try and whip up a display of sorts on how I make a glitch hop drum sequence using distillery if that would help :) glad to hear, thanks! Hopefully il find time to work something like that in this weekend
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Loque

31 Aug 2017

Zac wrote:
30 Aug 2017
supersplaron wrote:
30 Aug 2017

We just dropped the upgrade price for Parsec 2. Check it out.
Even at 29 euros, which is pretty much £29 after charges, this price still catches my throat. Make a synthesiser. Sell it. If you improve it, great, but don't tax me for it. Just my opinion. I recently upgraded Oberon just to make use of sample loading. Can't say it was worth 19E to me.
From user perspective i agree. From developer perspective, sry, no. Just to make some math for you: You earn 15$ per hour. Redesign, improve code, add features, test everything for Parsec may take (just to take a number) 2 man months, that makes 40 days of work at 8h equals 320h. By 15€ it costs around 5000$. You may notice that the money you get is not the money employer pays, that is in normal cases at least the double (health, workplace, vacation, marketing, ppl supporting and many more), that makes at least 10000$. Considering 29$ you need to sell around 350 license to just get your cost, no profit.

Now we come to the real. A developer, depending on country, education, know-how and so on cost around 50-150$ per hour. I am pretty sure, it took longer to make the update of Parsec, lets say 6 man month. That means around 1000h, that costs between 50,000 and 150,000$ and you need to sell between 1700 and 5000 update licenses, to get only your costs done.

If i were the company, i would realy consider, if i update a product at all or create an entirely new one and if i do the update with new features (not bug fixes), i would like to get payed, so i can pay all my employees.

Take this calculations to other products. I am pretty sure, most devs for RE do not get the right amount of profit and work for less than 10 bugs per hour.
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2017

I was watching for a DDL delay replacement, and I got Titus from Jiggery Pokery.
I was reluctant because of Steerpike, but then I saw that Titus feature stereo Tap in/out while Steerpike seems to be mono and I made the purchase. It's not just a slimmed down version of Steerpike.

9$ very well spent in my view and alias free fx added.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

31 Aug 2017

Re8et wrote:
31 Aug 2017
I was watching for a DDL delay replacement, and I got Titus from Jiggery Pokery.
I was reluctant because of Steerpike, but then I saw that Titus feature stereo Tap in/out while Steerpike seems to be mono and I made the purchase. It's not just a slimmed down version of Steerpike.
All the delays are mono. In Steerpike we use pairs of delay lines for true stereo, in which case the user would connect a tap in/out to each channel to handle left and right taps. Titus is also really a mono device (or rather, mono-in-stereo-out really, as the primary goal is to simply control a single delay's pan with an opposable dry signal). However, when a stereo input is connected to Titus it's really acting as dual mono, as we provide two identical delay lines for left and right, and given it can be connected in that manner, it seems logical to have the taps for each channel too. In a stereo connection, note that the pan acts a balance control. For true stereo delay and pan—with or without taps—you'll need to use two separate Titus's with mono in and out, or a Steerpike stereo channel pair.

I hope that clarifies the intended usage. It's still $9 very much well spent, though, thanks! ;)

Titus and Steerpike 2.1 with the custom display update incoming soon.

Loque

31 Aug 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
31 Aug 2017
Re8et wrote:
31 Aug 2017
All the delays are mono. In Steerpike we use pairs of delay lines for true stereo, in which case the user would connect a tap in/out to each channel to handle left and right taps. Titus is also really a mono device (or rather, mono-in-stereo-out really, as the primary goal is to simply control a single delay's pan with an opposable dry signal). However, when a stereo input is connected to Titus it's really acting as dual mono, as we provide two identical delay lines for left and right, and given it can be connected in that manner, it seems logical to have the taps for each channel too. In a stereo connection, note that the pan acts a balance control. For true stereo delay and pan—with or without taps—you'll need to use two separate Titus's with mono in and out, or a Steerpike stereo channel pair.

I hope that clarifies the intended usage. It's still $9 very much well spent, though, thanks! ;)

Titus and Steerpike 2.1 with the custom display update incoming soon.
Custom display? You have my attention...
Reason12, Win10

AttenuationHz

31 Aug 2017

Zac wrote:
30 Aug 2017
supersplaron wrote:
30 Aug 2017

Even at 29 euros, which is pretty much £29 after charges, this price still catches my throat. Make a synthesiser. Sell it. If you improve it, great, but don't tax me for it. Just my opinion. I recently upgraded Oberon just to make use of sample loading. Can't say it was worth 19E to me.
Have to agree 100%. I will most likely stick to my original Parsec which should have had a free update in the first place. Or at the very least a trial to ascertain the value in a heavily discounted upgrade considering most paid full price for Parsec 1. It's a matter of the principle...
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

challism

01 Sep 2017

decoder wrote:
27 Aug 2017
Been thinking long and hard about getting Lectric Panda's Korde and/or Propulsion...
Already have Fritz and love what it does, and with the $19 sale price for Korde and Propulsion it seems like a good RE investment.
Any opinions and experiences (good or bad) are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I can't really add to the praise already given about Propulsion. I think it's great for running Kong. I think it's excellent for experimentation for getting some different rhythms playing together. It's also good for getting some "reaslistic" sounding ghost or flam notes to play, if you crack up the rate. My only critisism is, I wish it had note outputs instead of just gate.

As for Korde, I absolutely love it. As mentioned before, it is great for appregios, but I like to use it in other ways, too. Like experimenting with melodies, basslines, or even playing JP Republik. The way it works is, you put some chord progressions into Korde's sequencer track, then when Korde is "playing" that chord it will only play the note you pick out from Korde's built-in sequencer. So if you have a triad in Reason's sequencer (say a CEG), then if you put a ticker in Kore's "1" row, it will play a C note. "2" will give you an "E" and "3" row will give you a "G." You can go one or two octaves up or down with those arrows in the bottom controls. Etc, etc. It is pretty deep, but you can get a lot of interesting stuff going if you play around with just those things. It has 8 differetn channels each with 8 different patterns available, so it can be used to drive 8 different instruments. Each of which would be playing in key (accordiing to the chord progression in Reason's' sequencer) , no matter which notes you picked from Korde's rows.

Something fun to do with Korde is to have multiple copies of the same instrument running from the different channels of Korde and see what you get. Of course, the more notes you have in the chords( you place in Reason's sequencer), the more interesting and wider of variety the results in experimenting will be.

Another thing you can do, instead of putting a chord progression into Reason's sequencer (Korde track) is to put all the notes of the scale of the key in which you are playing. So if your song is in the key of Cm/Eb, you would enter a note for each of the notes in that scale (C, D, Eb, F, G, Ab, Bb). Enter each note as if it were a 7 note chord. Then extend the "chord" the entire length of the song. Plug in all the Korde channels thru MoPol (free CV merger by Lectic Panda) and then to your instrument. Now you can play around get get some great basslines, melodies, chords and they will all be in key.

With Korde's 8 different channel outputs and 8 different pattern per channel, you have a LOT of variation possibilities. Probably more than you need. Find some different patterns that sound good together, then automate them into the song..
supersplaron wrote:
30 Aug 2017

That's great! You guys are listening to our whines, afterall! :) Thank you, Props!!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Bumbum

02 Sep 2017

Argh,
Help me,if you had to choose, mono/poly or vk-1? What are the differences ?

challism

02 Sep 2017

Bumbum wrote:
02 Sep 2017
Argh,
Help me,if you had to choose, mono/poly or vk-1? What are the differences ?
I have both VK1 and Mono/poly and I find myself using VK1 way more. I have only used Mono/poly a handful of times. I just don't like it all that much. I know a lot of users like it, but to me, it seems kind of like a one trick pony. What it does, it does well, but it's not really my cup of tea. It doesn't make the sounds I am looking for, at least in my limited use of it. I always have fun when I pull VK1 out and play with it. I don't think I have ever really had "fun" with Mono/poly. But I prefer VK2 over them both. That thing is a beast! :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

stratatonic

02 Sep 2017

supersplaron wrote:
30 Aug 2017

challism wrote:
01 Sep 2017
That's great! You guys are listening to our whines, afterall! :) Thank you, Props!!
More like, Propellerhead grabbed as many sales as they could at their original asking price, and then when sales dropped to zero, lowered the price. Standard business procedure.

Faastwalker

04 Sep 2017

https://shop.propellerheads.se/deals/

The countdown ....... has stopped!

It now just says, 'The last 24 hours'

Better get in now for any sale items ;)

Bumbum

04 Sep 2017

Faastwalker wrote:
04 Sep 2017
https://shop.propellerheads.se/deals/

The countdown ....... has stopped!

It now just says, 'The last 24 hours'

Better get in now for any sale items ;)
Funny, i had countdown running on my desktop... and

Didnt buy vk1, dyingstar suits my cheesy melody needs :]

Loque

04 Sep 2017

I might be wrong, but i think Synapse lowered the price again for the bundle just a bit: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... fx-bundle/

Dont forget to get Revival, if you dont have it yet: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... ve-bundle/

Or the Polymodular Bundle (Distributor or the Filter are alone easily worth the price): https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... system-ii/
Reason12, Win10

FLVZ

04 Sep 2017

stratatonic wrote:
02 Sep 2017
supersplaron wrote:
30 Aug 2017

challism wrote:
01 Sep 2017
More like, Propellerhead grabbed as many sales as they could at their original asking price, and then when sales dropped to zero, lowered the price. Standard business procedure.
Is this a complaint about the price being dropped ? This is a sale, that's kind of "normal protocol" is it not ?

stratatonic

04 Sep 2017

Flavolous wrote:
04 Sep 2017
stratatonic wrote:
02 Sep 2017

Is this a complaint about the price being dropped ? This is a sale, that's kind of "normal protocol" is it not ?
No complaint. Some happy folks who waited it out got a discount on an upgrade. Consumers who buy first on product launch always pay more. As the demand tapers off, companies then lower prices or offer sales to attract more price-sensitive shoppers. The Parsec upgrade price was lowered half way through the sale - I'm sure Propellerhead just plumb forgot to lower it at the beginning of the sale - upgrade sales have levelled off.

FLVZ

04 Sep 2017

stratatonic wrote:
04 Sep 2017
Flavolous wrote:
04 Sep 2017

No complaint. Some happy folks who waited it out got a discount on an upgrade. Consumers who buy first on product launch always pay more. As the demand tapers off, companies then lower prices or offer sales to attract more price-sensitive shoppers. The Parsec upgrade price was lowered half way through the sale - I'm sure Propellerhead just plumb forgot to lower it at the beginning of the sale - upgrade sales have levelled off.
But if someone decides to wait or to buy straight away, its not the fault of the seller. If the seller decides to increase or decrease the price its not the fault of the person who bought early. Usually the market dictates the flexibility a business has in making decisions. Which then means there are many more variables to consider than the obvious ones to both the selling and buying party. If we look at recent REs introduced into the shop they started with a lower price, and it increased (VK2 had an intro price, Kraft did too, as did ReSpire) so actually in that case early adopters paid less. I don't think things are as black and white as you're putting across. Naturally strategies change over time because the market doesn't stay still, so actually any business that doesn't adapt as things change will eventually fail. I don't think it would be a good thing to see Props fail. Don't really want to use another DAW :D

strangers
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2017

Grabbed Expanse and the McDSP C670 compressor before the sale ends. Wish I tried the C670 sooner than later but still a gem even for being late to the game. I haven't been too thrilled with the few RE compressors I've tried until this one.

Anyone have any last minute buys they pulled the trigger on?

Electric-Metal

04 Sep 2017

strangers wrote:
04 Sep 2017
Anyone have any last minute buys they pulled the trigger on?
Still on the fence for Kratos Maximizer.
decisions, decisions :roll: :puf_bigsmile:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Faastwalker

04 Sep 2017

I picked up Lectric Panda's Fritz ...... finally :)

Looking forward to sending my sounds into the black hole ............ :cool:

dvdrtldg

04 Sep 2017

I bought Jiggery-Pokery's B3 Hammond and X-705 Space Organ for $19 each. Pretty much an impulse buy, but I'm having a lot of fun with them, especially the X-705

Also got the World Booster Pack refill which was on ridicu-sale at $29, packed with interesting stuff

And I seriously considered the Tube Tech Classic Channel, but in the end decided that I was really only interested in the EQ, and the last thing in the world I need is another compressor, no matter how much magic pixie dust it's sprinkled with. So I picked up the Waves PuigTech EQs ($49 reduced from $299) and very fucking tasty they are too

syncanonymous

05 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
24 Aug 2017
musicman wrote:
24 Aug 2017
So tempted by the Synth and Mix rigs considering I was going to purchase Antidote and GQ-7 at pre-sale prices.

Would you give those 2 rigs a thumbs up at that price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is more value in the mix/master rig than the synth rig. Only synths I'm really crazy about in the rig are Viking, Monopoly and Antidote. That synth rig contains too much miscellaneous for me as I am not into drum synths or creative devices like those. As for the other rig, I don't think the mix/master rig contains any filler devices and I can see myself using everything in the mix/master rig. I just already have too many of the devices for it to be a purchase.

Edit: not to discourage you from buying both. Just my two cents and it is still a really good deal. :)
This post really swayed me. I hit my head on the desk for several days after going to the sale to get a new synth and Shape, I wasn't even considering mixing tools. After a lot of deliberation, the Soft Tube stuff totally sold me, they are devices I will use all of the time and the VSTs at Softube and FXpansion are a bit higher in price! So I pulled the trigger on Shape, Korde and the Mixing Bundle which ate up more than my budget :-) The synths that I was liking the most aren't on sale; my machine too weak for latest or CPU hungry REs and upgrade to 9.5 more important. Originally I was looking at Antidote or Parsec, but I couldn't stretch to either after being sold on the FET.
Last edited by syncanonymous on 09 Sep 2017, edited 2 times in total.
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

Faastwalker

05 Sep 2017

.............. Now the countdown has disappeared completely.

Also Zvork have just posted this on their Facebook feed;

• Information