McDSP on Sale!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ashpool

06 May 2015

Hey guys!

Did you notice that all McDSP Rack Extensions are on sale now?
Both bundles and the Futz Box.

:t2018:

Prints

06 May 2015

Thanks for the heads up. Just bought both bundles along with the Futz Box!

pjeudy

06 May 2015

Holly sh*t !!! All compressors for $49 bucks !!!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... ollection/
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Ashpool

06 May 2015

Yes, I instabought all of their stuff too :D

pjeudy

06 May 2015

Wait. ..didn't TheoM say that they don't put there products on sale? Im getting the comp bundle just for that fairchild :-)
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

Olivier

06 May 2015

That bundle is too good an offer... CLICK !!
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

eusti

06 May 2015

Olivier

06 May 2015

eusti wrote:
Oh, wow! Now I somehow wish I'd waited with Futzbox! :P
Great deal!

D.
Futzbox somehow doesn't convince me... I like the sound but i have a feeling i can build an effect like that using what i have. How do you guys use Futzbox ? A bit like ART ?

Tumble

06 May 2015

PH really needs to make it clear how long sales last. "Limited time" could be a anywhere from 24h to several weeks.

Djstarski

06 May 2015

thanks for the heads up 

Rice

06 May 2015

I'm in, been wanting a couple of the EQ's, now I can get all three for the price of one! Thanks for the heads up.

psychasm

06 May 2015

Ashpool wrote:Hey guys!

Did you notice that all McDSP Rack Extensions are on sale now?
Both bundles and the Futz Box.

:t2018:
Im sure these have been on sale for some time now. I got it at the sale price as advertised now and since I have tried it  1.5 months ago already. When i read the title i thought i missed out on  a sale ,which usually happens just after you decide to buy the thing. Also don not remember seeing any announcements anywhere , I just accepted that those were the prices and got the FFg comp.

Edit: , now going back to the shop i see the entire collection the the shop for the price of one!! Nice Sale. And 29$ Each!

miscend

06 May 2015

Fantastic deal! Too good not to miss.

joeyluck

06 May 2015

eusti wrote:
Great deal!

D.
eauhm wrote:
Futzbox somehow doesn't convince me... I like the sound but i have a feeling i can build an effect like that using what i have. How do you guys use Futzbox ? A bit like ART ?
I use it for so many things. It's very versatile. The sims are outstanding. Sometimes I use just the sims. Sometimes I use just the filter. I use it in music and for sound deign in theatre. ART is fun, but doesn't come close. This gives the user a great amount of control and again, the sims are great.

Olivier

06 May 2015

eusti wrote:
Great deal!

D.
eauhm wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
I use it for so many things. It's very versatile. The sims are outstanding. Sometimes I use just the sims. Sometimes I use just the filter. I use it in music and for sound deign in theatre. ART is fun, but doesn't come close. This gives the user a great amount of control and again, the sims are great.

Cheers for that.

I'll take another good listen at it ... :)

zeebot

06 May 2015

Never tried the mc stuff. I mean how many EQs or comps do you need.
Not convinced by futzbox either. Seems the same effects can already be achieved with effects already in the rack and a bit of filtering.
Going to demo them, may be I will be blown away?
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Ronin

06 May 2015

Well, I had an impulsive moment and purchased both bundles, I heard people praise them so I am hoping I haven't wasted money. I was in the market for a non m-class comp and EQ, but I was prolly going for the kuassa or even the softube pultec if i couldve saved up for it. But for the 39 euro price.. its hard to say no. 
Could anyone tell me which hardware the various MCDSP RE's are modelling?

psychasm

06 May 2015

After much deliberation I will get the c70 , as i already have the FRG and got an EQ during the kuassa birthday sale. that is it for me for comps and eq's. Just looking out for a nice maximiser and filter unit.

Ashpool

06 May 2015

@Ronin:
I think the C670 is pretty much an emulation of the Fairchild 670.
The others? I don't know. I am not even sure if they are modelling existing hardware...

gak

06 May 2015

At first, the 670 didn't seem to fit a need but that seems to have changed. Demoing the other two right now. Interesting results. I wish these were part of the rstouch series.

selig
RE Developer

06 May 2015

Ashpool wrote:@Ronin:
The others? I don't know. I am not even sure if they are modelling existing hardware...
I would guess the Moo is their take on the Manley Vari-Mu, and the FRG is a variation on the 1176.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Ronin

06 May 2015

selig wrote:
I would guess the Moo is their take on the Manley Vari-Mu, and the FRG is a variation on the 1176.
:)
So I still have need for the Softube Pultec, the FET and the Cakewalk RE-2A :D Which isnt a bad thing, those are some great REs to save up for, but I will wait for sales on them.

pjeudy

06 May 2015

McDSP has done the ‘vintage gear modeling’ routine many times before, and the C670 is no exception. If you liked the original Fairchild 670 compressor, the C670 will not disappoint. But unlike the original, all controls are continuous, VU ballistics are better suited for modern studio productions, and it is a cooler color (if you don’t like the DT&I scheme, there is no hope for you). But perhaps the best part of the C670 is the added multi-stage compression additions to the original model. These changes, coupled to the Threshold and Time Constraint controls, allow the C670 to be useful on a wider range of material.
Put the C670 in your studio and it will see more action than a GP38 in the Flat Rock yard.

Hungry? Frogs aren’t just for breakfast. The feed-forward reactive gain (FRG) compression algorithm allows the FRG-4RE (aka ‘the frog’) to make a meal out of any audio fed into it. A wide compression ratio control range, independent attack and release controls, and generous threshold and makeup gain ranges make the FRG-4RE a true utility compressor. You can crush your tracks into submission, or just give them a touch up. Morning, noon, or night. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
When your compression needs don’t appear to be on the menu, just ask for ‘the frog’.

Now don’t have a cow. No outboard gear was injured in the making of this plug-in. For those who covet the sound of thick, creamy, all tube compressor designs, look no further than the Moo Tube. Like the FRG-4RE, individual threshold, makeup gain, attack and release controls are provided. But the Moo Tube is not going to make road kill out of your music. Instead, soft knee action and near fader-riding timing gets you more from your tracks while compression ratio is automatically calibrated.
If gentle compression is what you need, the Moo Tube will deliver. Like the milkman.

• Information