Kratos 2 maximizer in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Tincture

12 Jun 2015

I'll wait to hear from beta testers and early adopters but I feel this might have come just too late in the game for me at 69 euros. Ozone started at 65 euros but is now 25! I also got Onyx for 19. This would have to do something remarkable for me to pay that for any increased benefit over ozone. But for those without an RE maximiser already... Looks up there, given the quality of their other REs.

Ashpool

12 Jun 2015

I am very happy with Ozone and I'll wait for the first reviews too.
I know Kuassa did a good job with their other RE's (I have them all) but I don't think I need this one.

Tincture

12 Jun 2015

Yes, same for me but the times change all the time so those in need of a 1st RE maximiser this would certianly be worth trying. I really am impressed with kuassa. My latest buy of their eqs has been one of my best buys.

Ashpool

12 Jun 2015

True, but at 69 Euros it has to be very good to convince me.
And never say never! If this is gonna be the next must-have-maximizer, I will certainly try it.

MDTerps2015

12 Jun 2015

I actually love Kuassa's eq's and kind hinted at Grahadea to make this in RE form even though they may have already had that on their list. I too already have Ozone and Onyx which i also bought at the same prices Tincture bought his/her's at. Sorry Tincture dont know gender so accept my apology but yeah now that i have the other two, its hard to buy this at 69 bucks but it looks cool as friggin heck . If (hint hint) they ran a promotion like Papen for buying previous RE's, well you get my drift. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Tincture

12 Jun 2015

I'm all of that babe ;) I guess those of us who got a very good maximiser early on have to accept that we may not be the market for this. It would certainly have got tested against ozone at the same price.

MDTerps2015

12 Jun 2015

Tincture wrote:I'm all of that babe ;) I guess those of us who got a very good maximiser early on have to accept that we may not be the market for this. It would certainly have got tested against ozone at the same price.
"all of that BABE" doesnt tell me a gender but anyway it does look cool as heck and afraid to try it because i might waste money on another maximizer. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

decibel

12 Jun 2015

love Kuassa but just gave all my money to rob papen and jiggery pokery :) (i already have Ozone and Onyx also)
too many good re's released this week, when it rains it really pours around here huh :)

will be great to hear the expert evaluations that will no doubt be coming soon :)

Tincture

12 Jun 2015

Tincture wrote:I'm all of that babe ;) I guess those of us who got a very good maximiser early on have to accept that we may not be the market for this. It would certainly have got tested against ozone at the same price.
MDTerps2015 wrote:
"all of that BABE" doesnt tell me a gender but anyway it does look cool as heck and afraid to try it because i might waste money on another maximizer. 
I can't speak any clearer sweetheart. Look to your soul.

psychasm

12 Jun 2015

Tincture wrote:I'll wait to hear from beta testers and early adopters but I feel this might have come just too late in the game for me at 69 euros. Ozone started at 65 euros but is now 25! I also got Onyx for 19. This would have to do something remarkable for me to pay that for any increased benefit over ozone. But for those without an RE maximiser already... Looks up there, given the quality of their other REs.

True for me also. Ozone was a steal at $25 when compared to startout price and happy I waited so long before getting it and looks like the only one i will be using coz I really only need one instance of it..Kuassa's Re's are amazing too but the timing of the Recent sale..... i cant consider it especially when pit against the price of Ozone and Onyx. Just need a good filter unit then Im all set.

Rice

13 Jun 2015

This is a solid unit, unfortunate on their part after all the sales and the prices of the maximizers is the shop that they release this at this time. However, it does not diminish the quality of this product. Please, check it our for yourself and use your own ears. Sure, price wise it doesn't compare to Ozone, but let's not forget that Ozone has only recently dropped their price. Who know's, this unit may also do the same. But please, compare before you judge...my 2cents 

pjeudy

13 Jun 2015

Why isn't this device at the front of the Prop Shop under new arrivals ? Someone might miss it unless they come to this site?
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

tibah

13 Jun 2015

pjeudy wrote:Why isn't this device at the front of the Prop Shop under new arrivals ? Someone might miss it unless they come to this site?
It is.

I was waiting for this gadget! Unfortunately, my monthly to-waste-on-music-gizmos-money is already gone, but the trial should get me to next pay day! ;)

pjeudy

13 Jun 2015

UHhh...I think that Propellerheads has REASONTALK.COM  opened on a big screen 46" TV on there office wall ! with an automatic button on refresh every 5 minutes.
Kratos hasn't been on the NEW ARRIVALS  since it came out!
I check the shop and refreshed my browser right  before I posted, Five minutes after my post ..voila !  :)
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

tibah

13 Jun 2015

It's Saturday, which means most PH staff is enjoying Surströmming! nomnomnom :D

Back to Kratos! ;)

riemac

13 Jun 2015

Could someone please test, if it latency free, so I can use it on individual channels.
I am also very interested in its cpu usage.

Thanks

tibah

13 Jun 2015

It does introduce latency. Check the back panel in the shop (when using over-sampling). :)

adfielding

13 Jun 2015

I was lucky enough to test Kratos 2 and, yeah, it's great!

Kuassa are one of a small selection (imo) of RE developers who I really feel "get" Reason. Their REs have been solid since day one. Kratos is no exception. I love the Ozone Maximizer, but Kratos is more than giving it a run for its money.

tibah

13 Jun 2015

I very much share this opinion about Kuassa. Solid comes to mind, also quality. Just a good feel regarding purchases in a way.

gullum

13 Jun 2015

I just bought a new guitar and a bass so I had no plan in buying a RE just yet, was about to post on here that I'll wait till next pay check.
I have all of Kuassa RE's and know this was going to be qualety.
Hit the try button then A/B it against Onyx (witch I prefer over Ozone) without any fine-tuning only getting both Onyx and Kratos to the same level using Flower audio metering. Kratos just sounded more clear to my ears, Onyx seamed to add a tiny bit of mud/unclearety to the song. 
And by doing this test I now have $69 less in my bank account :D

Rice

13 Jun 2015

gullum wrote:I just bought a new guitar and a bass so I had no plan in buying a RE just yet, was about to post on here that I'll wait till next pay check.
I have all of Kuassa RE's and know this was going to be qualety.
Hit the try button then A/B it against Onyx (witch I prefer over Ozone) without any fine-tuning only getting both Onyx and Kratos to the same level using Flower audio metering. Kratos just sounded more clear to my ears, Onyx seamed to add a tiny bit of mud/unclearety to the song. 
And by doing this test I now have $69 less in my bank account :D
I too agree with your assessment, I also own Onyx but also like the overall clarity and depth of the Kratos...Kuassa makes very good quality RE's and products.

ProfessaKaos

14 Jun 2015

From seeing the price I'm trying to hold off on this but from my testing this device seems to hold up really well against the Ozone Maximizer, in most cases I actually preferred Kratos as it seemed to (more often then not) retain a tiny bit more punch on the kick and snare, also seemed to retain a touch more clarity in the center which help'd keep the mixes sense of depth more so than the Ozone. Keep in mind all these differences are quite subtle, so I'm not completely sold yet but the money is nearly in Kuassa's wallet.

xxASMxx

14 Jun 2015

tibah wrote:I very much share this opinion about Kuassa. Solid comes to mind, also quality. Just a good feel regarding purchases in a way.
I agree as well.  I will definitely be purchasing this RE.  

nikolafeve

14 Jun 2015

Has someone test if it's free latency with no oversampling?
What about the cpu usage against ozone ?
Thx!!!
Reason 10 - UA Apollo Twin -  OSX 10.13.6 - MacBook Pro 15inch 2018 - 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7 - RAM 16GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 555X 4096 MB

• Information