Whats your Fav synth RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Olivier

06 Aug 2015

Favorite of all time: Antidote. Solid and lush buildingblock.
Current favorite: Oberon. The versatile soundgenerator.

Why Oberon ? The various ways to morph the waveforms is something i've been wanting to be able to do for a long time. The way it enables me to play with the sound through bend, harmonize, xform... just a-maaa-zing!
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Kenni
Site Admin

06 Aug 2015

Antidote, and Radical Piano, if that can be thought of as a synth Re.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Dance FX 21

06 Aug 2015

apostlethirteen wrote:Mine is SNAKEBITE RE
GO! :essentials:
I've got that too - good fat sound and plenty of possibilities once you get tweaking. What I have so far (with my opinion) is...

DLD - SnakeBite - Good Fat Sound with venom and many other possibilities - love the aesthetic design too
DLD - Speak & Tweak - Doesn't do every word well, but can be very good in certain tracks (worth it me thinks)
S Corbach - MixFood Unison - Good Deep Bass with Nice Delay
Ochen K - Driver - Good Bass and Saws with good control, but harder to fit into the mix (maybe more breakouts and overall panning)
Ochen K EDS06s - Allows interesting percussion including a nice bell sound I got out of it (one or two bugs though)
Little IO - Little LFO (got it free) - Good Gritty Bass Sound when used with Propellerhead's Pulveriser Demolition
Primal Audio - FM4 - Got a nice space sound out of it (still getting to grips with FM Synthesis though)
Korg - MonoPoly - Unbelievable Realism with the Classic Analog Sound - great for that 80's dance scene - love it.

Of course, I use many of the Reason Synths (Thor is awesome), some with the Combinator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eusti

06 Aug 2015

Dance FX 21 wrote: Ochen K EDS06s - Allows interesting percussion including a nice bell sound I got out of it (one or two bugs though)
Please report those bugs to Ochen K via email if you haven't yet. I'm sure he'd like to know about them.

D.

Dance FX 21

06 Aug 2015

eusti wrote:
Dance FX 21 wrote: Ochen K EDS06s - Allows interesting percussion including a nice bell sound I got out of it (one or two bugs though)
Please report those bugs to Ochen K via email if you haven't yet. I'm sure he'd like to know about them.

D.
Must find that exact problem and do so - I think it was either a delay or distortion effect causing the device to crash - maybe tonight...

Rook

06 Aug 2015

Antidote is my #1 favorite, without a doubt. Not just my favorite RE synth, but my favorite softsynth, period.

PX7 is awesome too, especially for solid sub basses. But for much else, I have a harder time getting it to fit with my music. I probably need to explore it more. As a side note: I had an old Yamaha TX81z a while back and directly compared it to the PX7 and preferred the PX7. Props did a great job on it. Sounds just at good, but with less hiss/noise, and MUCH better interface (obviously). So, I sold the Yamaha lol.

The one I'd still really like to get is Parsec. I don't think it would ever be a "go to" synth for me, but it does that gorgeous glassy sheen thing so well; I think it would come in handy for filling out the higher frequencies, without being too brash.

4filegate

07 Aug 2015

Rob Papen RE's
QU4D 2 Osc waveshape vast /modulation 8x assignable /HQ FX area *pink/white Phase movements
4 Osc VECTO matrix path /modulation 8x assignable /HQ FX area *surfing Flanger

package; The sonic palette - GUI - RE steady upgrade - strategy "only in Reason - to let Reason sound as never before"

apostlethirteen

03 Sep 2015

Antidote has won the POLL!!

Name: Ricky Neff
Reason 8.x.x - 9
:adapted: :re: :refill: :rt:

apostlethirteen

03 Sep 2015

Yikes, I think asking for anything more than 99$ is pushing it. I wont be buying antidote until the prices fall.

Name: Ricky Neff
Reason 8.x.x - 9
:adapted: :re: :refill: :rt:

challism

03 Sep 2015

I just got Viking and Zero from Blamsoft, so I must add those to my list. Both are amazing.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

pLansford

03 Sep 2015

Be a hero...get zero. Don't you people even start with me! I like hip hop FFS!

Miguel da Wu

03 Sep 2015

Rob Papen Predator. sounds really excellent

Dance FX 21

03 Sep 2015

The Red 70 has such a strong sound when unison is properly applied - my next track involves the use of the Red (arpeggiated though with no unison) in the latter half.

eXode

04 Sep 2015

apostlethirteen wrote:Yikes, I think asking for anything more than 99$ is pushing it. I wont be buying antidote until the prices fall.
Maybe you need to check what some of the popular VST's cost...

But I digress, I wrote to tell you that Antidote is on sale now for €99! :P

• Information