Whats your Fav synth RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
apostlethirteen

31 Jul 2015

Mine is SNAKEBITE RE
GO! :essentials:

Name: Ricky Neff
Reason 8.x.x - 9
:adapted: :re: :refill: :rt:

dvdrtldg

31 Jul 2015

Value for money: MonoPoly
Destroy all monsters: Ammo 1200
Just gimme a nice versatile range of sounds: Antidote

Snakebite is cool too, and Ivoks

Benedict
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2015

#1 Parsec as it adds things that Thor can't cover very easily (or possibly at all).

#2 Oberon as it is similar to Parsec (but more complex).

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Tincture

31 Jul 2015

I really find that difficult to answer! But I do think Reason has an amazing array of options now. I like snakebite too, very good value for money. I tend to find myself reaching for it later in the song making process when its power to cut through and novel sound can raise it up above the background.

I've only just started exploring the Ammo bundle really but boy can it make some interesting sounds!

If I could only have one RE synth it'd probably be Antidote, very versatile and easy to use, sounds great.

I also find myself reaching quite a lot for mono/Poly, tres and ivoks but it goes in cycles really. I've been happy with all my synth buys.

pLansford

31 Jul 2015

Antidote...bread and butter.

sdst
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2015

RP Vecto, very powerful, and cpu efficient. can do everything

Scoobyman II

31 Jul 2015

Antidote if I shut off all the preset effects then tweak the patch settings. I do like the Korg MonoPoly for a quick fix sound.

zeebot

31 Jul 2015

Antidote or Parsec...really hard to choose one.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

boobytrap

01 Aug 2015

Never another like Antidote.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Arrant
Competition Winner

01 Aug 2015

Predator, probably the most versatile synth RE there is.

InavigableHeart

01 Aug 2015

#1 Antidote - for its divine thickness, unmatched by any other reason synth. Also a breeze to program... manna from heaven just flows outof it!

#2 Tres - for lively analog realism and cool mod matrix

#3 ABL3 - bit of a one trick pony, but what a fookin trick!!!

Cant really comment on the Papen synths, never tried 'em, apart from Punch... I love Punch, its a total kickdrum candy shop.

TheMiles

01 Aug 2015

I bought so many Synth REs, I just lost my orientation. I have Antidote for some months now and I just tried it a few times, I have Parsec and I like it but I seldomly find good use for its sound in my Mix - maybe I am a bit too conventional when its about sounds :/...

I DO like, however, Tres for its sound and layout and usability. I love (and frequently use) KHs One for its warm and analougish sound. I sometimes found Korg MonoPoly to be good sounding - esp. the presets. I have Predator and Sub Boom Bass but yet I have not done much with them. Predator esp. seems to be a bit hard to get into and my bass-needs are covered by subtractor and KHS One (as I said I am a bit too conventional when it comes to sounds). Then there is Noxious which I found to be interesting right from the day I bought it, I have, however, not managed to create anything useful with it so far.

And last (but not least), There's FM4 which I LOVE. Its easy to program, at least for a FM Synth and its sound is just gorgeous.
So If I had to pin down which Synths I like most for the money, then it would be :

1. KHS One
2. FM4
3. Tres

-Rkn-

01 Aug 2015

Tres
PX7
Parsec

xxASMxx

01 Aug 2015

For me MonoPoly and Antidote....Vecto is very cool as well.

raymondh

01 Aug 2015

#1 Antidote - lush & fat, easy to program, amazing filter, great FX
#2 Predator - wide sonic variety of great sounds, fits in the mix, excellent arpeggiator, versatility
#3 Polysix - super easy to program, great emulation, the first RE synth to change the game for Reason. (even is mono/poly supersedes it in many ways)
#4 ReDominator - great emulation, nice chorus fx

K.Markov

01 Aug 2015

predator, very good, but... monopoly I have to say :D

Tincture

01 Aug 2015

Arrant wrote:Predator, probably the most versatile synth RE there is.
I love its presets and I've got used to tweaking patches for many sections but the user interface just means I rarely bring it up to start programming a patch from. All those tiny similar knobs... Don't do it for me. It's a crap prejudice but I can't help it. Same for all RP devices really. :(

Spryx

02 Aug 2015

I think I own every synth RE at this point beside the "rom" based ones...and Ivoks...
EDIT: I missed picking up ReDominator too (and snakebite...I couldn't get over the cheesy name and GUI. Filter sounds good though)

1. Antidote - for its ability to produce modern EDM sounds quickly (Osc Stacking). It really is the only synth in Reason I would sell my Virus for.
2. Tres - I love the sound and power of this. Also like the modulation approach.
3. Predator - This came out long ago...and I've dismissed it a lot...but it does quite a bit, and the RP team is great at updating synths. Predator is probably the most fully featured subtractive synth in the rack. I find it hard to design new sounds with though...the gui is too busy to me for some reason. If predator could stack oscs like Antidote, I don't think any other synth on the market could compete with it. The different colored knobs really bother me too, lol.

I probably use PX7, Parsec, Viking, and kHz ONE the least.
latest:

challism

02 Aug 2015

Tough question. I own quite a few of them: PX7, Oberon, Ivoks, Predator, Tres, Revival. And I love them all for different reasons. My favorite, at the moment, is probably Oberon. It is very versatile and also the newest one in my rack, so maybe the newness is a reason why I am favoring it.

~ I am also beta testing 2 new synths at the moment. They are BOTH amazing and will be tough contenders against Oberon. Tough call!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

TheFesta

04 Aug 2015

yeah - i'm a fan of snake bite (i wish it had another filter placed after the distortion sections tho, as if you crank them up they render the filter useless)
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."• Dr  Samuel Johnson

:recycle: :reason: :record: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refill: :re:

Faastwalker

04 Aug 2015

Red Rock Ivoks is one of my favorites. Great sound & interface. Easy to dial in. Probably my overall number one Reason synth.

I really like Parsec as well. Easy to get crazy, interesting sounds. Fantastic GUI. Oberon was very cool whilst I had it on trial. Very interesting synth. Then of course there's the sounds great, can't put a foot wrong, Swiss army knife that is Antidote. Very good synth. We should also give a mention to Thor. Propellerhead's very own Swiss army knife that gets much less love since the advent of RE's ....... except of course whenever a new RE synth comes out & someone ALWAYS says, 'You can do all that with Thor'. Maybe, but where's the fun in that?! It's a good device though.

selig
RE Developer

04 Aug 2015

Besides Thor, Antidote is my "bread and butter" synth these days, with Parsec and Noxious coming into play when I want to go for more intense sonic explorations.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

thala

05 Aug 2015

abl3

mbfrancis

05 Aug 2015

Antidote - so fat, so lush.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Libraquaricorn

06 Aug 2015

I have way too many synths, but then agin you can never have enough of them either, I guess. If I list my synths based on how often I use them it would probably look something like this:

1. Viking
2. Parsec
3. Ivoks
4. Polysix
5. PX7
6. abl2
7. Redominator
6. Mixfood Unison
7 . FM4
8. Subtractor
9. EDS06s
10. Maelstrom
11. Thor
12. Kong

If JP's X-705 Space Organ counted as a synth it would definitely make the top five..

On top of my wishlist are Antidote, MonoPoly, Oberon and probaly the forthcoming one from Red Rock Sound.

• Information