Zvork's Oberon Song Challenge | The Winners

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Reasonistas
RE Developer

06 Aug 2015

Welcome to Reasonistas and Zvork's Oberon Synth Song Challenge.

Opening Statement
First and foremost, we would like to thank Olivier for developing the Oberon synth Re and for making this Song Challenge possible.

We congratulate the entire contestant group for their hard work and participation. We had a great time listening to all 34 songs. Picking the winners was difficult with so many talented participants.

The Winners!
We are excited and pleased to announce that we've expanded and agreed on the number of winners. So, without further ado, here they are:

1st Place
Prize: Zvork's Oberon, Noxious & Le Space and Navi Retlav​'s Noxious Synth refill
tibah - OberROM [Zvork Oberon Song Challenge]

2nd Place
Prize: Zvork's Oberon, Noxious and Navi Retlav's Noxious Synth refill.
K.Markov - Oberon Dream

3rd Place
Prize: Zvork's Oberon and Navi Retlav's Noxious Synth refill.
CrossFireG - Overborne

IMPORTANT: Instructions to the winners
Please send the following items (as download links) to Noel G. via ReasonTalk private messaging:

1. Your Reason song files to verify compliance with all song challenge rules.
2. Your contact email address and PH user account name to arrange delivery of prizes.

Closing Statement
Congratulations again to each of you for your stellar music, and thank you for taking the time to participate in the Zvork and Reasonistas Oberon Song Challenge.

Until next time here's the SoundCloud link again to listen to all 34 songs.

All the very best!
ImageImageImage

eusti

06 Aug 2015

Congrats to all involved!!!

D.

frog974new

06 Aug 2015

congats all , other great challenge with some cool stuff

Faastwalker

07 Aug 2015

Well done everyone. Congrats the winners ;) Enjoy Oberon. It's a very interesting synth for sure.

davidhyno

07 Aug 2015

:thumbs_up: :D Congratulations!!!!

Olivier

07 Aug 2015

Congratulations everyone :D
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Arrant
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2015

Congratulations winners :puf_smile:

I thought Obertron was the standout track, surprised it didn't get a mention, but the winners are good as well :thumbs_up:

Thanks to Noel and Zvork for another challenge, looking forward to the next one ;)

zvork

07 Aug 2015

Hi everyone, like always in a contest, the final result doesn't reflect how close some songs where in quality and picking winners is always a difficult process. We where also impressed by some of the patches that you guys produced for these songs and if some of you would like to share them with the community that would be wonderfull!

CrossFireG

07 Aug 2015

Congratulations to everybody!

After i submitted my song i sat down with a friend from work and listened for an hour plus to all the entries (will probably do this again!)
There are a lot of extraordinary entries & am grateful for my position :)

Oberon is an amazing synth that is capable of doing things in Reason i didn't know were possible!

Sidenote: I would love if there was a squarize function to turn off/down even harmonics; although you can kinda do this with either bend or xmorph (if your willing to give up an Osc).

Majestik Monkey

07 Aug 2015

Well Done to all winner's . . . All three well deserved ... My Fave was CrossfireG ! ;)

tiker01

08 Aug 2015

Great songs. Congratulations to all the winners!

@Zvork Could you add faster quantised options to "Motion" to make it easier to create time synced wobbles?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

CrossFireG

08 Aug 2015

tiker01 wrote:Great songs. Congratulations to all the winners!

@Zvork Could you add faster quantised options to "Motion" to make it easier to create time synced wobbles?
Couldn't you just apply an Lfo or CV to the "Start" parameter?

tibah

09 Aug 2015

Just got back from a trip to see this thread! :)

Buddaka

09 Aug 2015

Congrats to the winners, surprised to not see Tau-Ceti's "Explorers Of Oberon" in the list, but the winning tracks are really good too, so good job y'all! :)

thotbott

11 Aug 2015

Thank god I'm not a betting man, had cross fire and a few others to win it. Congrats to those that won

Tau Ceti

12 Aug 2015

Congratulations to all the winners!

EnochLight

12 Aug 2015

Wow - fantastic job everyone! Hearing these makes me realize how much of a shitty producer I am LOL!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

OldGoat

16 Aug 2015

Congrats to the winners, thanx to Noel, the Zvorks and PH for giving us this great opportunity.

• Information