Zero Hybrid Synthesizer is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Exowildebeest

24 Aug 2015

Crap, you just ninja'd me :D

pLansford

24 Aug 2015

I like how Blamsoft rolled this out pretty hard with tutorials, videos and sound design. That's the way it should be done.

Heater

24 Aug 2015

If you into FM this looks like a beast.

eXode

24 Aug 2015

I'm so happy that the cat is out of the bag. It's amazing instrument that imho covers some new ground in Reason.

Arrant
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2015

Wow this came out of nowhere!

Majestik Monkey

24 Aug 2015

Sound's Really Nice judging from "All the Demo Vids"

Glad to see Speo is still knocking out cool riff's & Real easy Tut's to follow . . .

Exowildebeest

24 Aug 2015

Arrant wrote:Wow this came out of nowhere!
Nah it was already teased, but I didn't know it was Blamsoft.

Anyway I just had a few sonic orgasms - it's fantastic!

Exowildebeest

24 Aug 2015

I feel this is very much like Reason's own Operator (from Ableton).

eusti

24 Aug 2015

eXode wrote:I'm so happy that the cat is out of the bag. It's amazing instrument that imho covers some new ground in Reason.
Could you please elaborate? Not having looked into it deeply yet myself I'd love to hear your opinion in a bit more detail of possible.

D.

Tincture

24 Aug 2015

Whoa! This little RE ecosystem is really bearing fruit now :)

Congrats Blamsoft! Innovative as ever.

Fretless Fingers

24 Aug 2015

This thing is a killer.
If you want to know what it's truly capable off, just load eXodes Attack on Titan patch. Hearing that bad boy at work with just one key makes the sonic possibilities truly tangible.
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

eXode

24 Aug 2015

eusti wrote:
eXode wrote:I'm so happy that the cat is out of the bag. It's amazing instrument that imho covers some new ground in Reason.
Could you please elaborate? Not having looked into it deeply yet myself I'd love to hear your opinion in a bit more detail of possible.

D.
In short it's the approach to FM with all the visual editing, but also that you can use different waveforms for FM and most importantly paint your own waveforms via partials (additive), and that you can also set the phase of each individual partial. This leaves a lot of flexibility in how you create a waveform. FM by nature is quite a complex synthesis form (imho anyway), but I feel that Zero makes it a little bit easier to work with. It really is a beast of a synth.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

24 Aug 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:
Arrant wrote:Wow this came out of nowhere!
Nah it was already teased, but I didn't know it was Blamsoft.

Anyway I just had a few sonic orgasms - it's fantastic!
What tease? ;)

ImageImageImage

Exowildebeest

24 Aug 2015

eXode wrote:
eusti wrote:

D.
In short it's the approach to FM with all the visual editing, but also that you can use different waveforms for FM and most importantly paint your own waveforms via partials (additive), and that you can also set the phase of each individual partial. This leaves a lot of flexibility in how you create a waveform. FM by nature is quite a complex synthesis form (imho anyway), but I feel that Zero makes it a little bit easier to work with. It really is a beast of a synth.
This is one of those rare occasions... where imo you've been beaten in patchbuilding by a certain Aiyn Zahev - never heard of him/her/them/it, but wow those are some amazing patches!

eXode

24 Aug 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:
eXode wrote:
eusti wrote:

D.
This is one of those rare occasions... where imo you've been beaten in patchbuilding by a certain Aiyn Zahev - never heard of him/her/them/it, but wow those are some amazing patches!
Sami is an excellent sound designer and quite "known" in the VSTi world. He's done work for Synapse Audio, u-he, Tone2, etc as well as several awesome commerical preset libraries.

EnochLight

24 Aug 2015

This synth is one of those kinds of synths where I instantly starting saving a Favorites folder of pads and effects. Absolutely love it - incredible job Blamsoft!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Rice

24 Aug 2015

This thing ROCKS, truly loving it. Great job Blamsoft!

Emian

24 Aug 2015

this thing really DID come out of nowhere for me !

like peter said ,its great they added all those tut-video from the start, they work great to have a first impression....

Time to trial this monster !!!

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Exowildebeest

24 Aug 2015

eXode wrote:
Exowildebeest wrote:
eXode wrote:
eusti wrote:

D.
Sami is an excellent sound designer and quite "known" in the VSTi world. He's done work for Synapse Audio, u-he, Tone2, etc as well as several awesome commerical preset libraries.
Good to know :) And of course my comment implied a winky face, your patches are excellent too ;)

On another note: I do miss some things on this synth (or I haven't discovered these yet), in order of importance:

- Gain compensated filter
- (Smooth) noise LFO (noise and random in the mod matrix isn't quite the same)
- LFO keysync option and delay knob
- Comb filter, formant filter (although the current phase filter is nice, when it comes to creative filter options)

(note how Thor (apart from the gain compensated filter) is the standard against which other synths are measured :D)

jfrichards

24 Aug 2015

Truly amazing. Now I have to save $26 a week to get it before Sept 23 for $99.

For all the Reason haters, suck on this one.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

24 Aug 2015

Unfortunately I'm not the target group :( . I prefer FM4 'cause it's so easy to use. Even PX7 is too complex for me!

Arrant
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2015

My word this thing pulls DSP like a truck!
3 instances and I'm struggling (yes I started on the song challenge already ;)

boobytrap

24 Aug 2015

am I dreaming ? this is what i'm talking about.. really this beats all. Great work Blamsoft. finally additive FM RE is in shop.
can make seamless Growl sound in 5 sec.......
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

tiker01

24 Aug 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:Unfortunately I'm not the target group :( . I prefer FM4 'cause it's so easy to use. Even PX7 is too complex for me!
I think with this one it is much easier to achieve a great sound than PX7.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

• Information