Free update to Distort Chain

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ffmusicdj

03 Sep 2015

I said it was coming, here is a preview. It's going to be on the shop soon, but I need testers.

-5 new effect modes got added to the Distort Chain.
- New Distortion
- Single Tap Tape Delay
- Synced Single Tap Delay
- 6 Point Phaser
- Sync Phaser

-Screens Display variables you're changing.
-A Pan feature that pans the FX module. So now you can have one effect module on the left channel and one on the right.
-Master Dry/Wet Knob. Controls all the Dry/Wet knobs.
-VU meters. Displays the input and output.

Anyone want to test this out?

I've eliminated an insane amount of bugs on my own. I could use more help.

Majestik Monkey

03 Sep 2015

I am happy to help !

Would you consider a Graffix's change to ? The new parameter read outs, should i think, Sit right at the bottom of the FX1 border, in so moving the Param 1 & 2 knobs, up to the same level as Dry & Wet or at least somewhere Close ! & The yellow Highlights around all 3 FX, makes it look cheap & now steals Text content ? You have used a small silver Underline under each FX1 FX2 FX3 ' That would be a far better BORDER HIGHLIGHT than the Yellow & its a better width to ;)
User JpPropellaed !
Last edited by Majestik Monkey on 03 Sep 2015, edited 2 times in total.

TheFesta

03 Sep 2015

I'd be happy to test.
I'm a big fan of Distort Chain - use it a lot!

Username: TheFesta
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."• Dr  Samuel Johnson

:recycle: :reason: :record: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refill: :re:

challism

03 Sep 2015

Majestik Monkey wrote:I am happy to help !

Would consider a Graffix's change to ? The new parameter read outs, should i think, Sit right at the bottom of the FX1 border, in so moving the Param 1 & 2 knobs, up to the same level as Dry & Wet or at least somewhere Close ! & The yellow Highlights around all 3 FX, makes it look cheap & now steals Text content ? You have used a small silver Underline under each FX1 FX2 FX3 ' That would be a far better BORDER HIGHLIGHT than the Yellow & its a better width to ;)
I completely agree. The yellow isn't all that nice looking, and it is taking up valuable real estate.

The chain diagram on the left is also taking up some valuable real estate. I would suggest deleting it entirely, as the back of the device already shows how the chain is set up.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

TheMiles

03 Sep 2015

Another suggestion regarding the parameter display. Instead of 2 Lines which take up a lot of space, you could use one display line that changes Label and value when the corresponding dial is turned (or clicked if thats possible).

Just an Idea #:)

TheFesta

03 Sep 2015

Yeah i was gonna suggest getting rid of the routing diagram, but i suppose that just gives you more width - and you could really do with more height.

The new free features are Much appreciated by the way : )
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."• Dr  Samuel Johnson

:recycle: :reason: :record: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refill: :re:

K1TTENM1TTEN

03 Sep 2015

I am completely excited about this! Really looking forward to hearing/seeing it! If you need any help testing it let me know! My username is the same on the forums as it is on PH.

Majestik Monkey

04 Sep 2015

Distort Chain Update !

Yes , very nice Change to the character Sound of Distort Chain :thumbs_up: A Super Update .....

Love the Delayed Sync & Phaze Sync . Two superb additions .... ;) + Distort 2 Saturation is Wicked Man....

Back to Bug Hunting :puf_bigsmile:
Last edited by Majestik Monkey on 04 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Majestik Monkey

04 Sep 2015

[ Phazer Sync & Delay Sync's ]

Dotted1 , 1 , 1Triplet , < your setting !

Should it not be . . . . . 1, Dotted1 , 1Triplet , ? For Automation Reason's ......

Same Setting with Delay !
Last edited by Majestik Monkey on 04 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Arsenic

04 Sep 2015

I only picked this up today in the sale (money somewhat tighter than usual at the moment) and so far I am really impressed, so I'm looking forward to the update.

On a side note, regarding the comments above about the design (and I appreciate it goes against the general consensus here) I disagree that the yellow boxes make the unit look cheap. I actually think the device looks pretty good and the boxes do focus the eye. However, as the unit is currently, I think the boxes etc work fine, but looking at the picture in the OP of the forthcoming version, I have to say that with the extra text around the function knob and the new "screens", it is starting to look a bit cramped. So, Maybe one big box around the lot with single lines to separate the sections.?

As for losing the chain diagram, I agree. It is pretty clear how the signal flows, so it wouldn't be any great loss. It would obviously free up some much needed real estate and that would allow everything to be spaced out a bit better and probably still allow for the yellow boxes to be kept.

Majestik Monkey

04 Sep 2015

@ Arsenic ;)
Your going to hear a Huge difference with the Update ! Its like a complete NEW UNIT ;) i kid you not .....

Arsenic

04 Sep 2015

Majestik Monkey wrote:@ Arsenic ;)
Your going to hear a Huge difference with the Update ! Its like a complete NEW UNIT ;) i kid you not .....
The more I work with this as it is, the more I'm looking forward to the update. So - Get testing and make sure it works flawlessly for me :D

ffmusicdj

04 Sep 2015

Majestik Monkey wrote:[ Phazer Sync & Delay Sync's ]

Should it not be . . . . . 1, Dotted1 , 1Triplet , ? For Automation Reason's ......

Hehe One Dotted is more than one. One Dotted is half more than one, one triplet is like 3/4th, so triplet is less than one, dotted is more, so dotted is placed before one. Numeric values, 1 dotted is like 1.50, 1 is 1, and 1 triplet is like 0.75. Does that make sense?

Majestik Monkey

05 Sep 2015

ffmusicdj wrote:
Majestik Monkey wrote:[ Phazer Sync & Delay Sync's ]

Hehe One Dotted is more than one. One Dotted is half more than one, one triplet is like 3/4th, so triplet is less than one, dotted is more, so dotted is placed before one. Numeric values, 1 dotted is like 1.50, 1 is 1, and 1 triplet is like 0.75. Does that make sense?
Ok i see what you mean ' :lol: My apologies '

Majestik Monkey

05 Sep 2015

Possible BUG ? But not really sure . . . Because of DRIVING Pulsar FULL ON, Into FX 2 / Synced Delay !!!!!
However this can be Recreated so easy , Just by pushing LFO 2 Rate & Feed to MAX !

The strange thing is ' The CPU meter in REASON shows no sign of Clipping ! in fact in this set up, it does not even show 1 Gray BAR
[ This issue takes place with All three FX units ] >>>>> & seems to be far WORSE if you play with the Back panel Parameter 2 input !!!!!!

Ps Would you consider a Buffer RESET Button / especially for the DELAY's !!!!! Just a thought :thumbs_up:

Attached FilE for BETA Tester's ONLY , REASON 8.3 Using PULSAR !!!!!
Attachments
Bug Hunt Distort chain v1.rar
(86.08 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Distort Chain error !.png
Distort Chain error !.png (725.72 KiB) Viewed 2106 times

K1TTENM1TTEN

06 Sep 2015

I absolutely LOVE the new update to T2! I absolutely can't wait for the update to this one! That being said, I have three questions:

1) Is there an estimated time for release/target release for this update?

2) Is there any way that T2, Distortion Chain, and Mr. Overdrive can be labeled under the same category? I find it odd that Distort Chain and Mr. Overdrive are considered "creative" while the T2 Phaser is considered "studio." It might sound petty, but for those of us who own all three it is kind of annoying having to look all over the place to find these REs.

3) Because of the massive updates to T2 and Distort Chain, should we perhaps be expecting a tricked out version of Mr. Overdrive in the future as well? :-)

tiker01

06 Sep 2015

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:I absolutely LOVE the new update to T2! I absolutely can't wait for the update to this one! That being said, I have three questions:

1) Is there an estimated time for release/target release for this update?

2) Is there any way that T2, Distortion Chain, and Mr. Overdrive can be labeled under the same category? I find it odd that Distort Chain and Mr. Overdrive are considered "creative" while the T2 Phaser is considered "studio." It might sound petty, but for those of us who own all three it is kind of annoying having to look all over the place to find these REs.

3) Because of the massive updates to T2 and Distort Chain, should we perhaps be expecting a tricked out version of Mr. Overdrive in the future as well? :-)
FYI the creative and studio categories exist no more since Reason8.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

ffmusicdj

06 Sep 2015

Majestik Monkey wrote:Possible BUG ? But not really sure . . . Because of DRIVING Pulsar FULL ON, Into FX 2 / Synced Delay !!!!!
However this can be Recreated so easy , Just by pushing LFO 2 Rate & Feed to MAX !

The strange thing is ' The CPU meter in REASON shows no sign of Clipping ! in fact in this set up, it does not even show 1 Gray BAR
[ This issue takes place with All three FX units ] >>>>> & seems to be far WORSE if you play with the Back panel Parameter 2 input !!!!!!

Ps Would you consider a Buffer RESET Button / especially for the DELAY's !!!!! Just a thought :thumbs_up:

I have all of those, but I need to test it on my end, I need a combinator of that. DO you think you can put all that in a combinator and save that? Send that to me and I'll take a look at it. I can't open that file.

Majestik Monkey

06 Sep 2015

ffmusicdj wrote:
Majestik Monkey wrote:Possible BUG ? But not really sure . . . Because of DRIVING Pulsar FULL ON, Into FX 2 / Synced Delay !!!!!

I have all of those, but I need to test it on my end, I need a combinator of that. DO you think you can put all that in a combinator and save that? Send that to me and I'll take a look at it. I can't open that file.

Yes no Problem ! ....... :thumbs_up:

Majestik Monkey

06 Sep 2015

Increase Pulsar's LFO 2 Rate & Feed ' & Then Decrease Distorts Parameter 2 SYNC DELAY FEED [ in the FX 2 ]
& you will get the Pop up ! :shock: This file is a COMBINATOR PATCH !
Attachments
Distort Chain Smasherz v1.rar
(2.51 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

Ostermilk

07 Sep 2015

I'm a T2 and Mr Overdrive fan already.

I'm probably too late for the testing on this but I'm looking forward to the update nonetheless.

K1TTENM1TTEN

06 Oct 2015

Any word on when this will be released? I noticed the beta ended yesterday, so perhaps it will be around the corner? (pretty please?)

Emian

06 Oct 2015

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:Any word on when this will be released? I noticed the beta ended yesterday, so perhaps it will be around the corner? (pretty please?)
i've been wondering about the release myself the last few days ....

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

ffmusicdj

08 Oct 2015

I've been in my cave trying to add something new to the Distort Chain.

I wanted to offer the community something good, something usable. I noticed that a LOT of people here were talking about Etch? So I tried to figure out what was so interesting about the RE and I wanted to emulate the features onto my Distort Chain. Once I realized what I had to do to bring Distort Chain up to par with something like Etch, I began working on how to implement it onto a tiny surface of the Distort Chain. It took me a month but I'm finally finished.

So now the Distort Chain has two LFO's and a Audio in Follow feature.

That tiny LFO screen was HARD to implement.

That LFO screen will also be the most interactive screen I've ever seen in a RE. I'm just happy it's done.

Also the Distort 2 FX got changed, It's now a Fuzz Distortion. And of course the back now has TONS of new features.

All testers now have a new licenses. Any help testing would be very much appreciated.

Shokstar

08 Oct 2015

great update, I´m excited about that :)
Last edited by Shokstar on 08 Oct 2015, edited 1 time in total.

• Information