Rig bundles requirements a lie?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ezelkow1

04 Sep 2015

So I just bought the synth rig bundle. It says right on the bundle page:
Please note: this Rig requires Reason 7.1 or higher.

However when I go to open any of the demo songs it says they cannot be opened since they were created in 8.1. There anyway around this? Props just lies on their requirements page?

Bonkhead

04 Sep 2015

Playing the demo songs is something different from being able to use those rack extensions.

ezelkow1

04 Sep 2015

that still doesnt explain whats on their page. They say the rig requires 7.1 or higher. The demo songs are included with the rig, therefore the demo songs should require reason 7.1 or higher. Nowhere does it create an exception for demo songs or templates. It does not say 'the extensions in this rig will run on 7.1, the demos will not'

Benedict
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2015

This is unfortunate but the devices should all run in 7.1 (or higher). The RE are what you bought. The demo songs are bonus material and not what you actually purchased. Or put another way not the reason a normal person would have made the purchase.

It would be better if the demo songs were saved as 7.1 files but why not focus on the REs as you have a lot of new toys to play with.
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

ezelkow1

04 Sep 2015

Yea I get it, its a small part of the purchase, but its the principle of the thing. Their store page for the bundles lists the demos as included content with no asterisks, they are in the lists right next to the REs and the combis

Just a word of warning for anyone buying the bundles

Benedict
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2015

Have you sent a nice note to Props Support letting them know of the conflict? I would assume that right now they don't realize.
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

ezelkow1

04 Sep 2015

Benedict wrote:Have you sent a nice note to Props Support letting them know of the conflict? I would assume that right now they don't realize.
Yea I did. So Ill see what they say

Namahs Amrak

04 Sep 2015

Please share your response on this thread. I'm looking foreward to seeing what horshit anser you get.

If I were you I would demand a refund, or an upgrade to version 8 because you want to see how the rig works in the demo.
My Words are my ART

OldGoat

04 Sep 2015

Got a reply on the same question at 2015-06-08: "The demo songs and template songs are only available in Reason 8 format and will continue that way, I'm afraid. I've elevated this to the shop team so that they can clarify this in the product text."

I had no problem with this, because I got the rigline-bundle for 149€ and it is a great deal anyway.

Also: The refill was included in version 2 of the bundle, it was a goody that was released some time after I bought my bundle.
It was ok for me that they did not provide a refill for every version from 6.5 to 8.x, everything I've used in the refill works with 7.1 except the demo songs, but one day I will be able to open them...

Last but not least they also added some learning videos in version 2 of the bundles that might help to get a better understanding of some devices...

Namahs Amrak

04 Sep 2015

My Words are my ART

gak

05 Sep 2015

ezelkow1 in the house (always such a big help to me with ableton over at kvr over the years)

Maybe I'm missing something? If the RE's is compatible I'm not following why there is a problem?

ezelkow1

05 Sep 2015

gak wrote:ezelkow1 in the house (always such a big help to me with ableton over at kvr over the years)

Maybe I'm missing something? If the RE's is compatible I'm not following why there is a problem?
yea i got the reason itch again and wanted to go back to it and this sale was the push for me, still liking it and tempted to go for the 8 upgrade for the browser changes

The RE's are compatible, the problem is their demos/templates were saved with 8.1/2/3. So even though I could theoretically use everything in the templates I cant since the save files are incompatible with 7.1 so I cant open them

gak

05 Sep 2015

Well, you know what that means :lol:

decibel

05 Sep 2015

i hate seeing these bundles so cheap , they remind me of how much money i would have saved if i waited ;) lol, who was to know props would pull such a rabbit out of their hats huh ?

thotbott

06 Sep 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Please share your response on this thread. I'm looking foreward to seeing what horshit anser you get.

If I were you I would demand a refund, or an upgrade to version 8 because you want to see how the rig works in the demo.
Or they could save it in 7 and send it on as it seems like a small mistake was made. Why the chip on the shoulder over props

ezelkow1

07 Sep 2015

This is their response for those interested:
Thanks for getting in touch!

While all of the Synthetic Rig is compatible with Reason 7.1, the demo songs are only compatible with Reason 8. I'm very sorry about this! I will make sure we add a note to the product pages that point this out.

Best regards,
Mattias Häggström Gerdt

submonsterz

07 Sep 2015

ezelkow1 wrote:This is their response for those interested:
Thanks for getting in touch!

While all of the Synthetic Rig is compatible with Reason 7.1, the demo songs are only compatible with Reason 8. I'm very sorry about this! I will make sure we add a note to the product pages that point this out.

Best regards,
Mattias Häggström Gerdt
if the riggs work on a certain version any related bumff that comes with it should also work on any system it is designed to work on .
demos or not if its part of the deal it should work on the lowest device requirements.

Namahs Amrak

07 Sep 2015

What exactly does that Propellerheads email really tell anyone that we don't already know? Its a pointless response and completely void of a solution or recompense. Smoke and mirrors, that all.
My Words are my ART

Exowildebeest

07 Sep 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:What exactly does that Propellerheads email really tell anyone that we don't already know? Its a pointless response and completely void of a solution or recompense. Smoke and mirrors, that all.
No wonder you're a problem-magnet.

What's wrong with that reply? They acknowledged the (incredibly tiny, minute, insignificant) mistake, and they'll fix it.

My god, I've had mosquito bites more significant than this. I'm getting the distinct impression you're just out or predisposed to make mountains out of molehills, for the sole purpose of justifying or feeding an almost mystical anger at Propellerheads.

Namahs Amrak

07 Sep 2015

They have not said they will fix anything ! The OPs issue is still not resolved and all they are doing is adding a disclaimer to their site. Propellerhead are DICKS and if you can't see that, beyond their awesome product, then that is your choice to remain ignorant. However, please don't belittle other users who are inly too aware that more often than not, dealings with Propellerhead staff are no more than digital horseshit dressed up as caviar.
My Words are my ART

Exowildebeest

07 Sep 2015

Right. Well, we all have different priorities and things to worry about. This isn't one of them to me.

Namahs Amrak

07 Sep 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:Right. Well, we all have different priorities and things to worry about. This isn't one of them to me.
Yet you seek to make criticisms of other users a priority. Relax buddy, not everyone who deals with those lazy propellerhead people are reporting a positive outcome. Show some empathy, or just ignore those who speak about their dissatisfaction.
My Words are my ART

Gulale

07 Sep 2015

Actually, Propellerheads usually use this type of typo mistake looking like trick all the time. Now I'm aware of their business model, I don't fall easily for that slick trick move. When Re came out first I begged them to give me at list 50 percent off since I own most of the plugins in vst world. They just killed me cold by saying no we can't do that. Comparing to VST world the RE is damn expensive considering it only works for one DAW with is reason. And then I started purchasing Re for full price and reached an investment of over 2500. Finally, they annonced the new 3 Bundle. with a fraction of what I wasted. Here it is the funny part, at the bottom of every Rig it says Released: 2012-11-28.

As if they released it by the time I have been asking them for a price drop. This has given me the true color of propellerheads. Released: 2012-11-28 and has become the end of me purchasing from the shop. They are not honest at all by all means.
Gulale aka Bereket

normen

07 Sep 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Yet you seek to make criticisms of other users a priority. Relax buddy, not everyone who deals with those lazy propellerhead people are reporting a positive outcome. Show some empathy, or just ignore those who speak about their dissatisfaction.
Theres a fine line between speaking about dissatisfaction and being a dick yourself. I tend to ignore your posts as yes, you get drawn to posts like this like a fly to horse shit but please don't pretend what YOU do is "speaking about dissatisfaction". Exo was explicitly talking about YOU, don't pretend he criticized the OP either please.

And really, another "they dropped the price after I bought it" complaint? /yawn

Namahs Amrak

07 Sep 2015

normen wrote:
Theres a fine line between speaking about dissatisfaction and being a dick yourself. I tend to ignore your posts as yes, you get drawn to posts like this like a fly to horse shit but please don't pretend what YOU do is "speaking about dissatisfaction".
I would prefer you refrained from PERSONAL attacks and insults, Normen. Please try and behave yourself, and if you don't wish to view the full gamut of legitimate observations and opinions on various topics, you are welcome to use the forum's ignore feature as you see fit.

You may also wish to review the forum rules.
My Words are my ART

• Information