Mixfood Unison 2 is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Dance FX 21

18 Sep 2015

Mixfood Unison 2 is in the shop...

Version 2 includes a new third oscillator - looks good.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
Last edited by Dance FX 21 on 18 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

decibel

18 Sep 2015

cheers

Dance FX 21

18 Sep 2015

Beware - the download is 380MB and taking an age with regular broadband - mind you, broadband in many parts of Ireland is rubbish.

K1TTENM1TTEN

18 Sep 2015

How big is that in comparison to before?

Dance FX 21

18 Sep 2015

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:How big is that in comparison to before?
Not sure, but I guess with a third oscillator, it would be considerably bigger - at least 50% I'd say....

Dance FX 21

18 Sep 2015

I have finally managed to download and install the synth - thankfully, the installation and authorisation went fine...

K.Markov

18 Sep 2015

Dance FX 21 wrote:Beware - the download is 380MB and taking an age with regular broadband - mind you, broadband in many parts of Ireland is rubbish.

oh man. I got 4G wireless, 2,2GB download takes couple of minutes.

Dance FX 21

18 Sep 2015

Now that I can use my computer, here's the interface...

Nice Eh!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... sed-synth/

Dance FX 21

18 Sep 2015

K.Markov wrote:
Dance FX 21 wrote:Beware - the download is 380MB and taking an age with regular broadband - mind you, broadband in many parts of Ireland is rubbish.

oh man. I got 4G wireless, 2,2GB download takes couple of minutes.
Wow, that's lightning speed!

K.Markov

18 Sep 2015

yep, really fast. never had any problem with download or update license. from the other side, that is only what works ok here where I live... :D

Libraquaricorn

18 Sep 2015

Now, that's what I call an update! It's like they added a bonus synth to the synth. The third oscillator comes with its own set of effects and LFO and some very nice waveforms suitable for pads and leads and stuff. At 19.00 Spendolas this must - in my humble opinion - be one of the best value instrument Re's in the shop.

dvdrtldg

18 Sep 2015

I'll probably trial this when I get back home in a couple of days... but in the meantime, just curious: is this basically Mixfood Orange with more waveforms? Or does it do something different?

Majestik Monkey

19 Sep 2015

I think they are both of a similar Nature for sure ! Personally i use Unison for B_Lines ONLY ! my choice of course . . .
& i use its Big Brother MFO for Pad's Leads & so on, But the real beauty of these two Synth's Is , . . . they sound & Perform very well
No Cpu issues . . . & as you probably already know ! there are so many waves to chuwzZ from ,
you'll still be finding new Sounds Years up the road !
& finally ......DRUM_ROLL ;) ......ONLY... £30 for two Spot on Synth's . . . That can sound as different as you can MAKE THEM ..... :puf_bigsmile:

PS Thanks for Update ... STUDIO CORBACH . . . A THIRD OSC :o

Libraquaricorn

19 Sep 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:I'll probably trial this when I get back home in a couple of days... but in the meantime, just curious: is this basically Mixfood Orange with more waveforms? Or does it do something different?
I have not tried the Orange but the third oscillator they added to Unison looks a bit like it's taken from Orange. I'd say that I'm less likely to buy Orange after this update of Unison. I don't know how I would stand on this if I owned Orange and not Unison though...

mojo

19 Sep 2015

So what's the main difference between orange and unisson ??? Only the samples and some effects ???
I don't really like how they look but they seems great to tweak and are very affordable.
As it's sample based don't we loose quality in the lowest and highest octaves ??? Can we hear sample looping on long notes ???

Yeah I know i can try it for myself but I'm a bit lazy.

bpmorton

19 Sep 2015

mojo wrote:So what's the main difference between orange and unisson ??? Only the samples and some effects ???
I don't really like how they look but they seems great to tweak and are very affordable.
As it's sample based don't we loose quality in the lowest and highest octaves ??? Can we hear sample looping on long notes ???

Yeah I know i can try it for myself but I'm a bit lazy.
The developer has stated that he spent a bunch of time making sure loops were perfect. Also sample playback synths have been around for ever...The way they get around aliasing and noise is to multi-sample the waves and spread them over the key-range. I did not notice much aliasing when I trialed Orange and Unison.

mojo

19 Sep 2015

Ok it's a cool thing, I'm gonna give them a try one day and choose the right for me (maybe both ).
Thank you.

Libraquaricorn

20 Sep 2015

Libraquaricorn wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:I'll probably trial this when I get back home in a couple of days... but in the meantime, just curious: is this basically Mixfood Orange with more waveforms? Or does it do something different?
I have not tried the Orange but the third oscillator they added to Unison looks a bit like it's taken from Orange. I'd say that I'm less likely to buy Orange after this update of Unison. I don't know how I would stand on this if I owned Orange and not Unison though...
LOL, the things I fail to see... the third oscillator IS taken from Orange. There is a little orange on the front of the oscillator and if you flip the rack around they have written "with a touch of orange" on the back of the device. I really like this device and even more so after the update. At 19 €/$ I'll recommend it to anyone.

Auryn

21 Sep 2015

This is a great device for sure, really cool to see what you can do by simply playing back samples. I was genuinly impressed by the Orange, and this one seems similarly cool. Only minor niggle is that the Mixfood Unison is supposed to be for basses and leads (compared to the Orange), yet it doesn't have a Monophonic/Legato mode, which is something of a miss IMHO.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

pbc278

22 Sep 2015

Auryn wrote:This is a great device for sure, really cool to see what you can do by simply playing back samples. I was genuinly impressed by the Orange, and this one seems similarly cool. Only minor niggle is that the Mixfood Unison is supposed to be for basses and leads (compared to the Orange), yet it doesn't have a Monophonic/Legato mode, which is something of a miss IMHO.
I have to fix it/add it to the device. unfortunately there was a bug in the IDT tool (the tool I used to build this device) that messed up the mono/poly functionality. So as soon as it is fixed I will add it to the device.. Sorry for your inconvenience.
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

mojo

22 Sep 2015

Cool to see dev involved in their products. I'll try your babes next month when i'll have some money to spent.

Auryn

22 Sep 2015

pbc278 wrote:I have to fix it/add it to the device. unfortunately there was a bug in the IDT tool (the tool I used to build this device) that messed up the mono/poly functionality. So as soon as it is fixed I will add it to the device.. Sorry for your inconvenience.
Thanks for the quick response and I look forward to the update. In the meantime, there's enough cool sounds to play around with :-)
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

moneykube

22 Sep 2015

:thumbs_up: cool… I have this rack… looking forward to the update for sure
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Dance FX 21

23 Sep 2015

Testing the synth ATM and hope to report on it soon. What I do like about Unison is the multiple audio breakouts at the back - wish other complex synths would do this...

pbc278

24 Sep 2015

mojo wrote:Cool to see dev involved in their products. I'll try your babes next month when i'll have some money to spent.
I'm always around.. but very very busy at the moment... I'm finishing my study and just started a new fulltime dayjob that takes up a lot of my energy. Not too happy with that, but that's life. I too have bills to pay and demanding kids and wife ;-).
Anyway, know I'm here and doing what I can to keep my (potential)customers and fellow Reasoners happy!
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

• Information