Nautilus Bass Synth is in the shop (9 euros!)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TheFesta

24 Sep 2015

In the shop at 9 euros, sounds pretty damn good as well from the youtube vid :puf_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6WOYC5_Rn4
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."• Dr  Samuel Johnson

:recycle: :reason: :record: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refill: :re:

Nirude

24 Sep 2015

9€ only? I´m just watching the video and I am thinking about buying it without trialing.
3d man.

robgs

24 Sep 2015

Cheap as chips! Bought it straight away.
:reason: :record: :refill: :reload: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

eusti

24 Sep 2015

Sounds great! But can we get some CV inputs please!?

D.

thotbott

24 Sep 2015

Bought without trialing just from the video alone. Sounds meaty!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dance FX 21

24 Sep 2015

Looks good - audio breakouts should be considered...

This and Splex will be my next purchase! An Ivoks too possibly...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raaj

24 Sep 2015

eusti wrote:Sounds great! But can we get some CV inputs please!?

D.
+1
Some CV inputs would have been great. Perhaps an update somewhere down the line? Mouth watering price though. Trialling asap

Majestik Monkey

24 Sep 2015

What a Great little Synth , Outa_the_Box instant House Bass's That just sound PHATT n Juicy :o Its worth 9 Bucks just for that Square n Filter

Thanks Skrock Dudes , , , I Hope it flies off the shelves for you guys .... :thumbs_up:
Last edited by Majestik Monkey on 24 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Shokstar

24 Sep 2015

Instant buy :) it´s a time saver for me :) 5 Stars from my side for the Price :)

Lizard

24 Sep 2015

Raaj wrote:

D.
+1
Some CV inputs would have been great. Perhaps an update somewhere down the line? Mouth watering price though. Trialling asap
I believe this device is IDT so (for the moment anyway) I am not sure CV is fully supported. That said I would not be surprised if this were to have an update down the line at some point adding that functionality.

joeyluck

24 Sep 2015

I love this thing! Got to create a few patches for it. Quite easy to get some cool sounds very quickly.

Skrock
RE Developer

24 Sep 2015

Lizard wrote:
Raaj wrote:

D.
+1
I believe this device is IDT so (for the moment anyway) I am not sure CV is fully supported. That said I would not be surprised if this were to have an update down the line at some point adding that functionality.
Dev here, Yep it's IDT. I'm planning on adding lots of CV inputs in a FREE update just as soon as I figure it out :puf_smile:
https://www.skrockmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/derekstrike
https://soundcloud.com/marcusbits
I make music in Reason using using Skrock synths and the creative tools from other developers!

eusti

24 Sep 2015

M.B wrote:
Lizard wrote:
Raaj wrote:

D.
+1
Dev here, Yep it's IDT. I'm planning on adding lots of CV inputs in a FREE update just as soon as I figure it out :puf_smile:
Ah, ok. That explains it. I don't think it's possible then at the moment! But thank you for offering further development of this device in the future! :)

D.

joeyluck

24 Sep 2015

Yeah, unfortunately there seems to be a lack of support at the moment for CV and audio inputs for devices made with IDT.

I can understand about the lack of support for audio-in in some cases (as the IDT allows devs to use pre-made, stock effects inside their rack extensions) and they likely don't want users to misperceive added value, thinking something along the lines of, "Oh, I'm going to buy this synth simply to use it's reverb, because it's the best I've heard!" Not knowing that it is a stock effect.

But a bit confused about the lack of support for CV when using IDT. I can't think of what the catch might be there other than Propellerhead maybe needing to do more work on it?

Skrock
RE Developer

24 Sep 2015

Made six more (strange :roll: ) patches from playing around with it now. Will update the synth over time with more :)
Attachments
6 Patches Nautilus.zip
(77.78 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
https://www.skrockmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/derekstrike
https://soundcloud.com/marcusbits
I make music in Reason using using Skrock synths and the creative tools from other developers!

Lizard

24 Sep 2015

joeyluck wrote:But a bit confused about the lack of support for CV when using IDT. I can't think of what the catch might be there other than Propellerhead maybe needing to do more work on it?
Well let's keep in mind that IDT (like the SDK) is a work in progress. It is growing and there is someone on the other end developing further supports. SDK was once 1.0 and now it's 2.X so adds more and more and..... IDT came after and I think it is trying to take the difficulty of having to code things. Just make it a little easier for a sample creator to work with. I will confirm that is NOT as simple as I stated it though. ;) I amy be wrong but I thought maybe Quadelectra's Jackbox's were IDT but they added further functionality to them which DOES include CV. But as we all know they are also programmers so they may have put their programming skills to work on that one. Not sure. I just want to comment that everything builds. I'm sure that trying to get this part of the SDK out had deadlines and constraints. I'm sure they will get to adding CV as it is a highly requested functionality among users.

An d by the way, from what I see so far, the DEV did a great job with this using IDT. Sounds great! $9?! I feel like the police are coming to put me away for stealing! ;)

joeyluck

24 Sep 2015

Lizard wrote:
joeyluck wrote:But a bit confused about the lack of support for CV when using IDT. I can't think of what the catch might be there other than Propellerhead maybe needing to do more work on it?
And by the way, from what I see so far, the DEV did a great job with this using IDT. Sounds great! $9?! I feel like the police are coming to put me away for stealing! ;)
Oh certainly! Definitely not knocking the dev or the IDT. Just trying to explain what I think is the current state of things to other users. Seems like a lack of support using IDT at the moment. From what I recall, none of the Jiggery-Pokery devices made using IDT have additional CV connections. Not sure if that is a choice or not. But I do know that Matt is plenty familiar with CV given his other devices. And I would think he would likely include it on the devices made with IDT if possible. That's my assumption. Maybe that can be cleared up?

But yes—at $9 everybody should own this!

VioletSun

24 Sep 2015

hi guys im a lurker, but i own a ton of rack extension synths antidote, zero hybrid, parsec, px7, polysix, mono poly, chip 64, redominator, tres, and abl3,

im just curious, is it just because of the nautilus being new, or is it really true that the nautilus has a more warmer and analog sound then any other rack extension available. i have 'tried' but have not bought every synth rack extension and nautilus is more warmer, analog and softer sounding (vintage 80s style) then any other synth rack extension? the only other rack extensions i have used that has a similar warmth and analog quality is ivoks. what is your opinion? this 'must be' just because its new.

i read its designed using integrated device technology. i currently understand the 'device'
is propellerheads stock code. which would mean that there is no original code and that the entire synth is made using code designed by propellerhead.
am i confused what the term idt means and does nautilus use no original developer code and only stock code designed by propellerhead?

i think the synth sounds amazing but i really don't want to pay for propellerhead predesigned stock code. i apologize if i am misunderstanding and accidentally spreading false information.

mojo

24 Sep 2015

When i saw the pictures of it I just told me "yeah another synth" but the demo is really impressive and the price far more. It will be mine next month.

Resonator

24 Sep 2015

This is definitely an insta-buy for me. I never thought I'd see a synth in the shop for $9, let alone how good it sounds. Cheers to the dev. Keep up the good work!

decibel

24 Sep 2015

i shouldnt be spending money right now but at that price i wont even bother listening to the demo, i'll just grab it lol

VioletSun

24 Sep 2015

guys is this stock code? yes or no? that said, i can't deny whatsoever that it sounds nothing less then absolutely amazing.

lowpryo

24 Sep 2015

VioletSun wrote:guys is this stock code? yes or no? that said, i can't deny whatsoever that it sounds nothing less then absolutely amazing.
as I understand it, IDT basically mean it's a sampler with stock code used for the routing and effects. so the very source of the sounds are samples that were created by the developer and are unique to the device. this is different than non-IDT synths where the developers created algorithms which generate the sounds being heard. but at the core of this device are sounds that are technically unique to this developer. hope that answers your question

geronimo

24 Sep 2015

:mrgreen: It's a nobrainer-deal . :puf_bigsmile:

K1TTENM1TTEN

24 Sep 2015

I am confused. If everyone on here is saying how awesome it sounds, why does it have a 3.9 rating? Is this because the people on here who like it are not reviewing it, or is it because this device doesn't really meet real expectations? I mean, for $9 my expectations are just about jack-squat, as that is cheaper than almost any Refill I have bought. That being said, having low expectations is a good thing to me, for if the synth sounds even remotely okay to me, I would be rating it a 4 or a 5 just based on value and bringing something new and fun to play with on the table for the price of a combo meal at Wendy's. Thoughts?

(I have yet to get to hear the demo, but I can't wait to do so at this point)

• Information