If you could only use 3 REs, which ones would you choose?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

01 Nov 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:
Benedict wrote:Kron
My heart skipped a beat there for a moment and I ran to the Props shop

But presumably you're using it in beta. I'm hanging out for that thing to appear, any idea how long?
What is KRON?
Aaah just remembered GOOGLE is my friend :D web site : http://alien-seed.com/kron/index.html
FYI: Watching a video demonstration of PSDN CV on his Youtube page...he says that he's been working on Kron for 2 years..wow..love the dedication can't wait to try this!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

dvdrtldg

01 Nov 2015

Yeah pretty psyched for this one. I love how it looks like something a James Bond villain would have in his mad scientist undersea volcano hideout

PhutureD

01 Nov 2015

TritoneAddiction wrote:If you could only use 3 REs, which ones would you choose?
And why?
(1)predator - covers a whole lot of ground plus all those fx and filters, it doubles up as an fx and filter unit.
(2)echobode - can do all sorts of stuff, try it on sweeps and modulate the frequency
(3)ozone - best limiter for me so far and easiest to use. handy threshold for when u dont want everything in the mix to be maximised

MannequinRaces

01 Nov 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:Yeah pretty psyched for this one. I love how it looks like something a James Bond villain would have in his mad scientist undersea volcano hideout
Kron is definitely a device fit for a sonic mad scientist!

Libraquaricorn

02 Nov 2015

This is too hard.... Randrome (mostly use the Junior version, but for this I must say Randrome), Neutron and System 9 Pattern Sequencer. It would be hard to live without my beloved VK-1 Viking Synthesizer though....

dan_g

02 Nov 2015

1. EVE AT-1 - love the easy use of it. you get great results in seconds.
2. Saturation Knob - puts more grit to every source - use it on bassdrums or any bassline to get nice warmth
3. C670 Compressor - love that subtle warmth you get when dialing in a bit more compression

because im refering to effects i use the most the tool REs fall out of this list but i will still mention my most used:
Ozone - Maximizer - use it on almost every track in the final slot
Selig Gain - easy to use every were in the signal path. but could be achieved with standard mixer features
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

X1Lo

04 Nov 2015

1. Saturation knob - Love it on bass and drums
2. Faturator - for light distortion on supersaw/square leads
3. Skope - helps me visualize the changes that occur to waveforms when doing sound design, probably my favorite RE of all time

A year ago I would have definitely said Antidote but I ended up getting back together with thor for my multi osc sounds. Same with PX7, I ended up preferring doing fm through the mod matrix of thor.
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

• Information