UJAM's involvement with the A-List series

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Lov2sing

23 Dec 2015

I don't know if it is possible but, are you going to do a A-List Bass? I have the PH Bass refill, but you have to go back and put in the slides and ghost notes. I was thinking maybe since you do not have to chord a bass that often, maybe one octave could be for articulations.
We make music for a reason

mguh22

26 Dec 2015

Peter Gorges wrote:
mguh22 wrote:
mcatalao wrote:I think in the electrics, the Clean setting already does that (at least in relation to the amp section).
I thought this too until I did some playing around and I don't think the Clean is a DI setting, it is a Clean amp as the Drive/Crunch knob still drives the sound. It also doesn't sound unprocessed/dry enough like a real DI guitar. It definitely sounds double-amped to me if I put the 'Clean' sound through a Softube Amp afterwards. Peter are you still reading this thread and if so can you confirm either way? Cheers
Sorry for the delay - I'm back to reading this. Yes, the Clean setting is still a clean amp and speaker cabinet. We're getting the Bypass request a lot so are considering it for the next update, at least as a rear-panel output.
Amazing! Please do implement rear-panel DI/Amp Bypass outputs on Power Chords and Pop Chords as soon as you can! That would be absolutely perfect for tweaking :)

joeyluck

04 Jan 2016

I'm curious what the 'Thrust' feature on Virtual Guitarist IRON does.
This is the description from http://www.virtualguitarist.com:
"Full Steam Ahead. Thrust pushes your sound into unprecedented spaces to make IRON play along with modern genres."

Swing and Feel are both accounted for in the upper section of VG IRON, so Thrust would be something in addition to what is found on A-List Power Chords, correct? Might have to try it out just to see :)
Peter, if you are still tuned in, can you please elaborate? Thanks!

Screenshot:

mguh22

26 Jan 2016

Peter, is there a timeframe for the next update to the A-List Rack Extensions? Will it be Q1 2016?

Theo.M

28 Mar 2016

i only saw this topic cause of the a list drums.. well this is a bit exciting.. i'll wait for a sale but it's so good to know i can get a list guitars for logic and pro tools! i had no idea all this time. I do hope they release the acoustic equivalent though, which is more important to me than electric.

Theo.M

28 Mar 2016

BTW a truly straight DI clean option get a massive +1 vote from me too. I could then put it through my UAD marshall amps which i love ;)

At least clean would give the user the option on the HUGE amount of software amps they could choose from.

TheGodOfRainbows

29 Mar 2016

Theo.M wrote:BTW a truly straight DI clean option get a massive +1 vote from me too. I could then put it through my UAD marshall amps which i love ;)

At least clean would give the user the option on the HUGE amount of software amps they could choose from.
THIS. I don't understand why Props (or UJAM) would not include such a feature! That was one of the first things I looked for when A-List Electric Guitar came out. Any ideas on why they didn't provide that feature? Some technical issue?

Theo.M

29 Mar 2016

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
Theo.M wrote:BTW a truly straight DI clean option get a massive +1 vote from me too. I could then put it through my UAD marshall amps which i love ;)

THIS. I don't understand why Props (or UJAM) would not include such a feature! That was one of the first things I looked for when A-List Electric Guitar came out. Any ideas on why they didn't provide that feature? Some technical issue?

no of course not, they would have recorded the guitars dry. It was just a bad decision, and Peter Gorges said they are considering updating it. If they do, i'll bite. If not, no. I don't like being told what amp to use in ANY guitar software. I like options. We all do, I feel. For a quick rough sketch, the built in ones are fine though.

TheGodOfRainbows

29 Mar 2016

Theo.M wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:

no of course not, they would have recorded the guitars dry. It was just a bad decision, and Peter Gorges said they are considering updating it. If they do, i'll bite. If not, no. I don't like being told what amp to use in ANY guitar software. I like options. We all do, I feel. For a quick rough sketch, the built in ones are fine though.
So, does this mean that the dry samples are ALREADY IN the Re?! If so, then that is very lame. I still say there must be some practical reason for not including it!? Otherwise, a bad decision it was indeed.

mguh22

01 Jun 2016

Peter,

Just seen you posted in the A-List Studio Drummer thread that it has been updated with Mutes and CVs! Great news! :)
Is there any word on whether the A-List Power Chords and Pop Chords are anywhere closer to getting new versions with Amp Bypass output on them?

Cheers

Peter Gorges

03 Jun 2016

mguh22 wrote:Peter,

Just seen you posted in the A-List Studio Drummer thread that it has been updated with Mutes and CVs! Great news! :)
Is there any word on whether the A-List Power Chords and Pop Chords are anywhere closer to getting new versions with Amp Bypass output on them?

Cheers
Updates to all guitarists are planned, and feature request being prioritized. I'd give THIS one a good chance ;)

mguh22

10 Jun 2016

Good news! If you're able to get the Bypass simply on the front end that'd be best, as it would save a bit of CPU if the amp modeller part of the rack device isn't running at all!

Keep up the good work! :)

• Information