so what did you score this black friday ?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
decibel

26 Nov 2015

XysteR wrote:Initially I had £350 of stuff in my basket. I sat and thought about it all, then ultimately just ended up buying LeSpace. I have to be honest here, I've spent 100's on Re's in the past and a lot of buys that I thought I would use, I find I actually don't even bother with much. So, I have £340 to put towards my HTC Vive instead. I don't know, maybe i'll catch the next sale. I just wasn't 'feeling it' this time around
wow, i think i could easily spend another $300 without trying to hard ;)

CharlyCharlzz

26 Nov 2015

tronam wrote:Polar and the Radical bundle.
radical bundle in sale ? where ?!?!
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

WongoTheSane

26 Nov 2015

• Polar 35€
• Spektrum Signal Monitor (Lectric Panda) 9€
• Skope (Lectric Panda) 9€
and the Synthetic Rig, 149€:
• 3Plex 3x Line Filter Delay
• Bitspeek
• BOOM 808 Percussion Synth
• Buffre Beat Repeater
• EDS06s Drum Synth
• Euclid Rhythm Generator
• Glitch Effect
• Korg MonoPoly
• PunchBDRE Instrument
• ReDominator Polyphonic Synthesizer
• Resampler
• SB Filter Pattern
• SB Slice Arranger
• SubBoomBassRE Instrument
• Synchronous
• VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

All for 202€. Downloaded and tried everything I could within 3 hours, so far I'm most impressed with Ochen K.'s "Glitch Effect" (with a beautiful tape stop, amongst other effetcs) and Korg Monopoly. Magnus Lidström's Bitspeek and Rob Papen's SubBoomBass sound very interesting as well. Fuck it, I don't need more synths, I need more time.

JerrelTheKing

26 Nov 2015

I have Antidote and use its reverb a lot but was wondering if the DR-1 is better on DSP than Antidote.. If so I need to pick it up.. Can anyone verify that..

26 Nov 2015

Antidote :D

I showed some restraint. There were some great deals...

Rook

26 Nov 2015

JerrelTheKing wrote:I have Antidote and use its reverb a lot but was wondering if the DR-1 is better on DSP than Antidote.. If so I need to pick it up.. Can anyone verify that..
I remember reading something about DR-1 being slightly different from the Reverb built into Antidote, but I can't recall exactly what it was.

I've got Antidote (love it) but I hate pulling it up just to use the verb on something. It's feels too messy for my Reason rack OCD lol. So I just got the DR-1. For $19, why not? Plus, they're a great company and I want to support their RE development.

I'm out of town at the moment, but very anxious to get home to play with my new RE's and compare the Antidote/DR-1

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

JerrelTheKing

26 Nov 2015

@Rook probably why i'm leaning on getting it. Hate being redundant but I also don't want to pull up Antidote just for its amazing verb considering how cpu heavy it can be.

gak

27 Nov 2015

JerrelTheKing wrote:I have Antidote and use its reverb a lot but was wondering if the DR-1 is better on DSP than Antidote.. If so I need to pick it up.. Can anyone verify that..
I can't say, but it's one of the first RE's I bought and it's quite lovely. I usually kill the modulation, personally.

tronam

27 Nov 2015

I’m pretty happy with the deals so far, but there are still a few lingering items I've wanted for a long while like Dynamite and Antidote which I should probably jump on before it’s too late.
Last edited by tronam on 27 Nov 2015, edited 2 times in total.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Gaja

27 Nov 2015

Thanks tronam, now I own both :)
So I scored the radical bundle, C1-L1, GQ7 and Zero.
If I were still with my wife she'd kill me, luckily I'm not!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Zerosity

27 Nov 2015

I think I might have gone slightly overboard since this is just a hobby for my creative outlet. :crazy: :lol:

Radical Keys 1.0.0 FULL 49.00 USD
Discount -24.50 USD
Radical Piano 1.0.3 FULL 49.00 USD
Discount -24.50 USD
Future House Nexspansion 1.0.0 FULL 9.00 USD
Hollywood Nexspansion 1.0.0 FULL 9.00 USD
Zero Hybrid Synthesizer 1.0.2 FULL 89.00 USD
Hydronexius Workstation ROM 1.0.1 FULL 69.00 USD
ReDominator Polyphonic Synthesizer ... 45.00 USD
Megasaur 1.0.0 FULL 19.00 USD
Ladder Multimode Filter 1.0.0 FULL 19.00 USD
Flower Audio Loudness Meter 1.0.0 FULL 9.00 USD
PMS-20 Analog HP/LP Filter 1.0.0 FULL 9.00 USD
Nautilus Bass Synthesizer 1.0.2 FULL 9.00 USD
Distributor 1.2.3 FULL 9.00 USD
Final cost (incl. tax) 344.00 USD

And I'm still thinking about the A-List Guitarists (wish they had bundle discounts like the keys), Fat Space, and I keep putting off the McDSP compressors.

decibel

27 Nov 2015

Zerosity wrote:I think I might have gone slightly overboard since this is just a hobby for my creative outlet. :crazy: :lol:
cant put a price on something that brings you joy , and you cant take money with you when your dead either ;)

just scored navi retlavs "Extension Addicted Bundle" for $61 ($87.50 australian) been wanting to grab these for ages now

Zerosity

27 Nov 2015

decibel wrote:
Zerosity wrote:I think I might have gone slightly overboard since this is just a hobby for my creative outlet. :crazy: :lol:
cant put a price on something that brings you joy , and you cant take money with you when your dead either ;)

just scored navi retlavs "Extension Addicted Bundle" for $61 ($87.50 australian) been wanting to grab these for ages now
Too true and I'm doing a good job of making sure I spend it all before death! :puf_bigsmile:

I didn't see that bundle in the Shop!!!! Oh crap, just saw it's on Navi's site - http://naviretlav.com/sale
Looks like I might not have finished after all.

decibel

27 Nov 2015

Zerosity wrote:
I didn't see that bundle in the Shop!!!! Oh crap, just saw it's on Navi's site - http://naviretlav.com/sale
Looks like I might not have finished after all.
navis presets are as good as buying a decent rack extension without a doubt ;)

decibel

27 Nov 2015

tough choice to make = korde and shape bundle $83 (about $121 australian) they both look pretty complex to me, will i have time to figure them out if i buy them ? hmmmmm :)

DeltaHotelVictory

27 Nov 2015

I got distributor, the new ladder filter and finally the GQ-7 EQ. I especially needed the EQ.

And now I have everything I need and will never buy any RE again :lol:

mcatalao
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2015

A-List Electric Pop Chords
BBD Chenille
BBD Titus
BBD Steerpike
EVE-MP5 Program Equalizer 1.0.1
Parsec

For a total 210 eur. Not too much. We still have christmas... ;)

mcatalao
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2015

DeltaHotelVictory wrote:I got distributor, the new ladder filter and finally the GQ-7 EQ. I especially needed the EQ.

And now I have everything I need and will never buy any RE again :lol:
Yeah, right... :mrgreen:

satyr32

27 Nov 2015

Synapse FX Bundle
Softube FET Compressor
Synapse GQ-7
Devastor 2
RE 128 Loudness Meter
PMS-20 Analog Filter

If the EVE EQ Bundle is available (which is not atm) I might get it too.
And maybe but only maybe ReQ181 if only it would not be that ugly, especially the colors.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

joeyluck

27 Nov 2015

A-List...Pop Chords
Polymodular System I

Pop Chords is outstanding. Sounds great. As a keyboard player though, I find myself wanting to do things it doesn't want to do, but I'll get the hang of it. I wish there were play modes for things like the single strums.

esselfortium

27 Nov 2015

I've been trialing A-List Acoustic and really considering pulling the trigger on it. I had been ignoring the A-List guitars since they came out because the official demo tracks sound so stilted and mechanical, but I'm finding it far more flexible than I had expected and pretty fun to play with. Especially when I found the switch on the back to load the full set of chords!

To anyone who's used Pop Chords, how does that compare with Acoustic for versatility?
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

JNeffLind

27 Nov 2015

esselfortium wrote:I've been trialing A-List Acoustic and really considering pulling the trigger on it. I had been ignoring the A-List guitars since they came out because the official demo tracks sound so stilted and mechanical, but I'm finding it far more flexible than I had expected and pretty fun to play with. Especially when I found the switch on the back to load the full set of chords!

To anyone who's used Pop Chords, how does that compare with Acoustic for versatility?
I know Acoustic allows some chords that Pop chords doesn't, which is why I haven't gotten pop chords. I like Acoustic a lot and have used it on lots of songs, but couldn't to be convinced to buy something that had less musical versatility just for the sake of some more contemporary sounds. With that said, pop chords does sound great for what it does.

tumar

27 Nov 2015

Predator and Devastor2 - no, bombastic names was not crtiteria ;)
Still looking for something more, perhaps Synthetic Rig?

mcatalao
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2015

joeyluck wrote:A-List...Pop Chords
Polymodular System I

Pop Chords is outstanding. Sounds great. As a keyboard player though, I find myself wanting to do things it doesn't want to do, but I'll get the hang of it. I wish there were play modes for things like the single strums.
Joeyluck, you have singlestrunms, and single note strums... AMOF i think all A-List have it.
RTFM! hahahaha ;)

PS.: I think it is Std Phrase 1 or 2 (C#2? ).

joeyluck

27 Nov 2015

mcatalao wrote:
joeyluck wrote:A-List...Pop Chords
Polymodular System I

Joeyluck, you have singlestrunms, and single note strums... AMOF i think all A-List have it.
RTFM! hahahaha ;)

PS.: I think it is Std Phrase 1 or 2 (C#2? ).
Yes, there are single strums. I wish there were play modes for the single strums ;) (such as retrig or legato)
As it is now, I can't play a new key while holding another. And while in latch mode, you have to wait for the entire chord/note to ring out before the next one can be played. Unless I'm missing something there...

• Information