D16 Decimort 2 announced (RE as well)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tronam

08 Dec 2015

http://d16.pl/news/item/110

This has been a long time coming for me. Decimort is not only my favorite D16 effect plugin, but one of my favorites overall. I still haven't found anything else that overdrives, resamples and bit-reduces quite like it. Few can reproduce the vibe of vintage samplers or even my old Amiga computers like this one.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Tumble

08 Dec 2015

I'm more of a Syntorus man myself. Is this perhaps part of an upgrade process for all the Silverline plugins?

tronam

08 Dec 2015

Tumble wrote:I'm more of a Syntorus man myself. Is this perhaps part of an upgrade process for all the Silverline plugins?
It seems that way. They may be overhauling the core architecture of their plugins and in the process modernizing them to be more portable for other formats like RE.

Wook

08 Dec 2015

I'm in love with Devastor, but this is what I waited for. Fantastic device.

Spryx

08 Dec 2015

And I just bought Devastor.... I need a 2nd job for all these new REs :)

If this is anything like it, it will sound incredible
latest:

pjeudy

08 Dec 2015

This is the None RE version
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Skullture

08 Dec 2015

fancy! i need

Bonkhead

08 Dec 2015

w00w, instabought in advance :P

J96one

08 Dec 2015

Great news! Been waiting for this one.

pjeudy

08 Dec 2015

The GUI looks Fantastic ! I'm guessing they'll be able to port the look 1:1
The only sticking point for some might be ...will they have to create the black ears for the RE version? anybody know if Enochlight seen this yet :-P
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

joeyluck

08 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote:The GUI looks Fantastic ! I'm guessing they'll be able to port the look 1:1
The only sticking point for some might be ...will they have to create the black ears for the RE version? anybody know if Enochlight seen this yet :-P
To meet the rack proportions, they will have to.
See this post: http://reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=232943#p232943

EnochLight

08 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote:The GUI looks Fantastic ! I'm guessing they'll be able to port the look 1:1
Heheh - yeah I figured they'd do the rack ears with this one as well. :mrgreen: At this point, I don't care - Decimort 2 looks (and more importantly - sounds) absolutely bad ass, and I love Devastor 2. I bought it on their Black Friday sale but I was prepared to pay full price. I'll do the same for Decimort 2 RE as well. :puf_bigsmile: :thumbs_up:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tronam

08 Dec 2015

I'm glad they're rebuilding their interfaces. They haven't been scaling well with ever increasing screen resolutions; a bit too small. The current Decimort VST/AU is downright microscopic.

pjeudy

08 Dec 2015

joeyluck wrote:
Oh yea I remember seeing that ! I'm cool with either one..but If I had to choose I would go with the original look of the VST, but the Reason version I'm also cool with , I hope it doesn't take too long for the RE version.

joeyluck

09 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
Oh yea I remember seeing that ! I'm cool with either one..but If I had to choose I would go with the original look of the VST, but the Reason version I'm also cool with , I hope it doesn't take too long for the RE version.
Well, my guess is it will look something like this:
decimort2.png
decimort2.png (249.52 KiB) Viewed 2933 times

decibel

09 Dec 2015

i'll pay in advance yeah ;)

tiker01

09 Dec 2015

joeyluck wrote:
pjeudy wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
Well, my guess is it will look something like this:
decimort2.png

What a wild guess :mrgreen:

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

EnochLight

09 Dec 2015

joeyluck wrote:And there it is! :)

FB_IMG_1449665158537.jpg

Nice!!!! Oh and: WANT!!! :puf_smile: :thumbs_up:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Skullture

09 Dec 2015

joeyluck wrote:And there it is! :)

FB_IMG_1449665158537.jpg
woohoo that looks freaking good

satyr32

09 Dec 2015

I have Blamsofts Resampler (which I dont like that much) and Futzbox, so I dont know if I need this device? But it looks so sexy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

Marc64

09 Dec 2015

Now THAT'S how a rack device should look like :thumbs_up:

txh003

10 Dec 2015

Tumble wrote:I'm more of a Syntorus man myself.
+1

Same here. I was hoping the next upgraded plugin would be a modulation effect, such as Syntorus or Fazortan. Although I will still upgrade the entire Silverline products, in VST format, as soon as they are released, I rarely used the original Devastor and Decimort.
:reason: :record: :recycle: :rebirth: :reload: :re: :refill:

pjeudy

10 Dec 2015

ok... here are some previews of can be expected from Decimort 2

FROM THERE WEB SITE :This is talking of Decimort 1
lectronic music producers (especially in Hip-Hop) have always been aware that classic samplers (such as early Akai and EMU units) had a character and sound of their own. They added a "grit" and "colour" to the samples and loops they played back which made them sound "Fat" and sit well in a mix.

This sound colouration was due to the encoding techniques, lower sample rates, lower bit rate and conversion circuits which these early samplers used.

Decimort recreates this colouration and adds the vintage sampler magic to any loop, bass line or sound played through it. It also acts as the perfect bit crusher with filter.

Low quality sometimes is desired
The Decimort effect unit is from the SilverLine collection of plugins. It is a premium grade bit crusher. The complex and advanced signal processing algorithms within Decimort simulate the behaviour of the whole sampling path which exists in every AD/DA converter.

Decimort has no internal aliasing. The only aliasing effect present in the system is the modelled aliasing of the classic samplers we modelled when creating it. Undesired artefacts are not present in the processed signal. Only wanted artefacts remain. A further very steep low-pass filter, synchronised to the signal frequency, can be applied at the end of the signal path to absolutely ensure that no unwanted out-of-band signals remain.

RhysHuntley89

11 Dec 2015

Decimort 2 demos. Want! :puf_smile:

• Information