The Mace Professional Compressor - in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
gullum

21 Dec 2015

and I thought I had enough Compressors already but can't resist visual feedback. so it's a device soon to get

Bonkhead

21 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote:
LABONERECORDINGS wrote:For those that are interested, Mace v1.0.1 has been approved, which includes handles on the comp display for Threshold and Ratio. Makeup and Limiter are still knob controlled for the moment.

Shop will be updated shortly so new buyers can get v1.0.1 off the bat, those who have it already can get the update via their account once shop page has been approved

Now working on Makeup control in the GUI for you guys, Limiter will be last
I just want to give a massive shout out to the gang at LabOne for such a quick turnaround with implementing this feature suggestion. Much respect!!!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Can't agree more :!: :thumbs_up:

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

21 Dec 2015

Mace 1.0.1 when in the shop has the Threhold & Ratio control points (as requested) - Props approved just waiting on the shop page to update.

About to final test 1.0.2 which has Makeup gain controlled in the graph display by the Threshold control point (left/right = threshold, up/down = makeup gain). Dec 23rd is the final day for RE submissions this yea, so will quick fire test 1.0.2 and see if Props will accept quickly enough

Again thanks to those who are keeping a keen eye and support the cause :D

pjeudy

21 Dec 2015

Mace 1.0.1 is in the shop ! ..fastest update I've ever seen !!!!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

O1B

21 Dec 2015

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:Enjoy!!
With Service like this…? A tool like this? Buy SCHMY!
Bought. No TRY.

Thanks! I was 'awaiting for a tool like this IN REason.

Now, Please, somebody... make a Tilt Filter for a Propellerhead.
Happy Holidays, All.

tiker01

22 Dec 2015

O1B wrote:
Bought. No TRY.

Happy Holidays, All.
I think RedQueen might just have one. I am not sure though.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

22 Dec 2015

tiker01 wrote:I think RedQueen might just have one. I am not sure though.
no, not yet ... ;)

O1B

22 Dec 2015

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:1.0.2 is in the shop
I was wondering if there was a possibility for a .5:1 (or the like) expansion ratio?

MACE''s GUI - and ears - makes this part of the process easy, experimental, and Fun. With expansion, it'd be one stop shopping.
Can't say enough about this compressor. Great channel COMP. Drums dig it.

There seems to be a volume spike coming out of bypass.. maybe it's been already mentioned in this thread.

Bonkhead

23 Dec 2015

Nice !!!! I skipped 1.01 and jumped right on 1.02, this works super fast now !

dancing fool

24 Dec 2015

O1B wrote:

Happy Holidays, All.
Softtube has one. Only it is VST :-(
I just tried to make on with GQ7 from Synapse in a combinator. But i don't know how to post it here.

EnochLight

24 Dec 2015

dancing fool wrote: Softtube has one. Only it is VST :-(
I just tried to make on with GQ7 from Synapse in a combinator. But i don't know how to post it here.
ZIP it up. Then you can attach it to any post using the "Attachments" tab below or just drag and drop it to your post (be sure to select full editor when posting)...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

dancing fool

24 Dec 2015

Thanx.
Attachments
tilt filter.rar
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

xxASMxx

25 Dec 2015

O1B wrote:
Bought. No TRY.

Happy Holidays, All.
Numerical Sound has Tilt Filters https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... al%20Sound , unless you're not a fan of Numerical Sound? I personally have the Bass Filter and I like it a lot.

pjeudy

25 Dec 2015

P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

O1B

26 Dec 2015

Thanks, Pjeudy. Always the person with Great info!

But, I'm after a more …. surgical but all-in-one approach… for field recordings, experimentation (foley style), etc.

my LucK
$50 Bucks on Sale …
Gifted 15" rmbp monster on the way. (still on an '11 17" so multiple REs are out of the question.)
Logic X with Logic REmote… let's do this REason 9.

Peace on Earth. Good will to all Persons.
O1B

Dave909

26 Dec 2015

Just bought this baby. Cant ever have enough compressors. Cant wait to put it to the test :)

alex

30 Dec 2015

I'm trying The Mace and it seems to me a great compressor: interactive graphic display, look ahead, adjustable knee, mid side, soft clip, sidechain with high pass control, tempo-syncable stages, built-in limiter, modern/classic response characteristics... wow, it is loaded with an impressive set of features! Congrats to Lab:One for this new RE!

AFAIK there are no other compressors in the props shop that goes so deep in features and settings (maybe the C1-L1?).
I'll go for it asap for sure.

The only suggestion I could make:

- divider trim also for release control: currently release control values jump from 0.7 msec to 8.x msec (or so), which is already more than enough for typical compression needs, but since this unit is exetremely well equipped, it makes sense to me to have also a release divider when you want to work with more refined timing in that small range area;

- switch/mouseclick to turn reduction meter into a logaritmic scale: in order to see more in detail the 0-10db gain reduction range, where most of the compression needs take places, as far as I can tell;

- global output level knob: for easy and fast compensation of volume increase/decrease when working in unlinked mode;

- copy/clone function values from left to right controls: I'm pointing this because linked mode sounds different from the unlinked one (when parameter are identical for both left and right side): the same source material with the very same settings seems to gain more stereo separation when unlinked, unless I'm being fooled. I'm not sure why this happens(*) but since it is there, I'm kind of exploiting it as "workflow" by first working in linked mode (to get rapidly in the ballpark), then unlink it and see if "the more broader" stereo field sounds better than linked one. But when you unlink, the right side could get different values (there is at least one reason for this) that's why IMO having a copy/clone feature to quickly align left to right side setting would be a nice addition.

Then you have one compressor to rule them all! ;-)

Cheers,
Alex

(*): does linked mode link also the gain reduction circuits (not only settings) maybe?
Last edited by alex on 04 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

30 Dec 2015

Linked mode DOES connect the gain reduction circuits. In LINKED mode, Mace uses the MAXIMUM audio signal level to apply compression to both channels at the same time - this is why they appear to 'bounce' the same. If you try a ping-pong panned input and put it to linked mode you'll see the gain reduction meters both read the same even though the audio signal is different comparing the channel inputs. This is what LINKED mode is designed to do

with the other suggestions, we can look into those and we'll put them to the team and see what comes.

Thanks again for the kind words and support, appreciated

alex

31 Dec 2015

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:Linked mode DOES connect the gain reduction circuits. In LINKED mode, Mace uses the MAXIMUM audio signal level to apply compression to both channels at the same time - this is why they appear to 'bounce' the same. If you try a ping-pong panned input and put it to linked mode you'll see the gain reduction meters both read the same even though the audio signal is different comparing the channel inputs. This is what LINKED mode is designed to do

with the other suggestions, we can look into those and we'll put them to the team and see what comes.

Thanks again for the kind words and support, appreciated
Thanks for clarifying. That explains why I hear a more open stereo field when switching to unlinked mode.

Cheers!
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

nikolafeve

01 Jan 2016

All the functions seems really pro, but sorry the GUI is terrible. Can't get have this on my rack
Hope you will update your graphics...
Reason 10 - UA Apollo Twin -  OSX 10.13.6 - MacBook Pro 15inch 2018 - 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7 - RAM 16GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 555X 4096 MB

Shokstar

02 Jan 2016

nikolafeve wrote:All the functions seems really pro, but sorry the GUI is terrible. Can't get have this on my rack
Hope you will update your graphics...

what´s wrong with the GUI? It´s easy to use :)

pjeudy

02 Jan 2016

I love the ventilation fan in the back :thumbs_up:
I hope to see that type of visual animation on the front of RE's like in WAVES Kramer tape plugin... **Yes I know it doesn't mean anything to the actual sound** but it's cool as hell!

Dave909

02 Jan 2016

Im totally loving this compressor. It has all the features i could wish for in a compressor and then some. The synced attack and release are brilliant and help greatly to make a beat bounce. Also love the look of it. I couldnt think of any improvements that could be made. The Mace has taken its place in my rack :D

• Information