The Mace Professional Compressor - in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

18 Dec 2015

Hey everyone! Just a heads up, we've released our take on another classic bit of studio kit, the compressor / limiter.

Have a play, see what you think, feedback & comments always welcome

Merry Xmas you lot and a kick ass 2016

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ompressor/

Bonkhead

18 Dec 2015

Wooo000OOOOOOw this thing is a beast ! :thumbs_up:

tiker01

18 Dec 2015

Ohhh that is something to definitely get hold of in the future.

A few suggestions:

Indicate modes above Gain red. CV out so one can be aware if they are identical or different.
Perhaps have different colours of left and right display in unlinked and M/S mode how it is done in your parametric EQ.

Merry Christmas to you guys too!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

18 Dec 2015

tiker01 wrote:Ohhh that is something to definitely get hold of in the future.

A few suggestions:

Indicate modes above Gain red. CV out so one can be aware if they are identical or different.
Perhaps have different colours of left and right display in unlinked and M/S mode how it is done in your parametric EQ.

Merry Christmas to you guys too!
We can look into that for sure, nice idea for the slightly different colourings. Shouldn't be a problem to update that

satyr32

18 Dec 2015

A compressor with display? Is it already Christmas? :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

Alkua

18 Dec 2015

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:Hey everyone! Just a heads up, we've released our take on another classic bit of studio kit, the compressor / limiter.

Have a play, see what you think, feedback & comments always welcome

Merry Xmas you lot and a kick ass 2016

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ompressor/
This RE has an intro price or it is the regular price?

Fretless Fingers

18 Dec 2015

This thing is so beast. Absolutely loving all the features and how damn good it sounds on my buss's. And the graphic display is more than just pretty but really helpful in dialing in my settings.
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

18 Dec 2015

Alkua wrote:This RE has an intro price or it is the regular price?
This is the regular price bud :D

EnochLight

18 Dec 2015

I've been requesting a compressor with a modern display like this since RE's first appeared; very glad to see a dev finally take on the challenge! Nice work, LabOne!

I will say this: it would have absolutely been incredible had you made the custom displays interactive so that you could click and drag your settings instead of messing with the knobs. Still, nice implementation - will definitely consider purchasing this.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

riemac

18 Dec 2015

Very nice compressor indeed. The only thing which is annoying is, that after a period of silence the compressor clicks very loud when the next sound hits the compressor.

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

18 Dec 2015

riemac wrote:Very nice compressor indeed. The only thing which is annoying is, that after a period of silence the compressor clicks very loud when the next sound hits the compressor.
Have you tried both compression modes? click on 'Modern' to change teh mode to 'Classic', which is more 'analog'. Also depending on your content that's going through Mace determines how the compressor reacts. If it's too much still maybe look at the signal you're feeding Mace, see if too much compression is being dialled in, or if the attack is fast enough

If you're still having problems with the first transient, try using the Attack Divider on the back set up to a higher divisor (go all the way to 1/10th setting) so your attack control becomes ultra fast to catch the front end if the first transient

TheMiles

18 Dec 2015

Most def will be trying this in January. Don't have the time right now, family biz, christmas preps and so on. So far I only have the Softube FET compressor and even though I have almost no experience in mastering, I can say its an excellent device. However, the graphical display of TheMace could make learning about compression much easier. Also, knowing BattleAxe I expect TheMace to be a good sounding and well-thought-through device. I'll definitely will give this a spin and considering its price I am almost 100% sure I'm gonna buy it. Thanks LabOne for another cool device!

Bonkhead

18 Dec 2015

That sync option is awesome ! I guess this is the first compressor that has this, right ?

pjeudy

18 Dec 2015

Bonkhead wrote:That sync option is awesome ! I guess this is the first compressor that has this, right ?
Was just gonna post that !!!lol.....

It's the same way I feel about Reverb devices...why don't all of them have an option for SYNC? a lot of time you'll look it up in some sort of chart anyway...so why not simply include it in all reverb devices !
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

pjeudy

18 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote: I will say this: it would have absolutely been incredible had you made the custom displays interactive so that you could click and drag your settings instead of messing with the knobs. Still, nice implementation - will definitely consider purchasing this.
CONTROL POINTS.png
CONTROL POINTS.png (52.63 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
That's the first thing that stood out missing to me , those control points not being there! It's like when Synapse first released GQ-7 Without the spectral display...It looked great but was missing something..

Great Job Lab:one ! :thumbs_up: wanted a devices like this ...with that kind of display also !! will try :thumbs_up:
This devices looks feature packed !!
Last edited by pjeudy on 21 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

boobytrap

19 Dec 2015

This is what I waited so long time. Comp with display. but this one with 2 displays. now we talking ! :re: :re: :re: :re: :re: :re:
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Nirude

19 Dec 2015

A totally different kind of post, but I started to look at the device. I like the design quite a lot. It has quite unusual colors but it is good.
I like also the small details on the unit and with these I mean the side-carvings on the front where there is the logo and the mace.
The rear looks also nice, there is that open space in down.
Actually for about 10min I was looking at this and I was constantly thinking about modelling it in 3dsmax. I thought it might be fun to model it.
Then I opened shop.ph-page to download the .png-files and saw there is a rendering of it...

The only thing which doesn't look good to my eye is the scratched metal texture, I feel it should be more tighter.
Anyway, Nice design.
3d man.

EnochLight

19 Dec 2015

LABONERECORDINGS wrote: We can look into that for sure, nice idea for the slightly different colourings. Shouldn't be a problem to update that
pjeudy wrote:
EnochLight wrote: I will say this: it would have absolutely been incredible had you made the custom displays interactive so that you could click and drag your settings instead of messing with the knobs. Still, nice implementation - will definitely consider purchasing this.
CONTROL POINTS.png
CONTROL POINTS.png (52.63 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
That's the first thing that stood out missing to me , those control points not being there! It's like when Synapse first released GQ-7 Without the spectral display...I looked great but was missing something..

Great Job Lab:one ! :thumbs_up: wanted a devices like this ...with that kind of display also !! will try :thumbs_up:
This devices looks feature packed !!
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Yes - control points are sorely needed on Mace's custom display.

@LABONERECORDINGS: would you consider adding control points to Mace? Perhaps in a version 2.0 update or something? After spending the evening messing with it, I can honestly say not having control points on the display seems like a massively missed opportunity.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

MDTerps2015

20 Dec 2015

I am trialling this right now and so tempted and now you give in to our request so im in. Buying right now and waiting for the update. Merry Christmas as this is probably my only gift to ME. I also noticed that its not too heavy on DSP. Loving it and loving the sound and look.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

synclab

20 Dec 2015

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:Watch this space..... ;)

now that means brain at work!! :)
:essentials: :recycle: :adapted: :reason: :record: :reload: :rebirth: :puf_bigsmile:

synclab

20 Dec 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:I am trialling this right now and so tempted and now you give in to our request so im in. Buying right now and waiting for the update. Merry Christmas as this is probably my only gift to ME. I also noticed that its not too heavy on DSP. Loving it and loving the sound and look.

You wont regret it man! I promise happy holidays!!
:essentials: :recycle: :adapted: :reason: :record: :reload: :rebirth: :puf_bigsmile:

MDTerps2015

20 Dec 2015

synclab wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:I am trialling this right now and so tempted and now you give in to our request so im in. Buying right now and waiting for the update. Merry Christmas as this is probably my only gift to ME. I also noticed that its not too heavy on DSP. Loving it and loving the sound and look.

You wont regret it man! I promise happy holidays!!
The deal is done and im looking forward to it. I have all of your extensions. Leap back into your extension history (lmao) and optimize some of your older ones, oh you know what i was thinking RED ROCK. They need to do that. Naw but im happy with every one of your extensions and will continue to keep buying if they look fun and i still dont win a grammy. By the way i bought this because of its use and sound. Dont like the GRAY scheme too much but its dark and i like but i would rather do a solid color like red or purple or even green. Gray to me sucks but its a healthy product. I wont buy certain rack extension in the shop just because of the color and i would love to have them so bad. The colors kill me. I will just say they came up with a really good synth and they have two but the color schemes turned me off. Anyway thanks for responding.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

21 Dec 2015

For those that are interested, Mace v1.0.1 has been approved, which includes handles on the comp display for Threshold and Ratio. Makeup and Limiter are still knob controlled for the moment.

Shop will be updated shortly so new buyers can get v1.0.1 off the bat, those who have it already can get the update via their account once shop page has been approved

Now working on Makeup control in the GUI for you guys, Limiter will be last

EnochLight

21 Dec 2015

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:For those that are interested, Mace v1.0.1 has been approved, which includes handles on the comp display for Threshold and Ratio. Makeup and Limiter are still knob controlled for the moment.

Shop will be updated shortly so new buyers can get v1.0.1 off the bat, those who have it already can get the update via their account once shop page has been approved

Now working on Makeup control in the GUI for you guys, Limiter will be last
I just want to give a massive shout out to the gang at LabOne for such a quick turnaround with implementing this feature suggestion. Much respect!!!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• Information