Rack extension updates

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
raccoonboy

06 Jan 2016

Hi everyone

Do rack extension update automatically? I know Reason does (I have 8.3) but not sure if Rack Extensions need to be re-downloaded from the Prop shop in which case how would you know when an update is available?

Cheers

Tumble

06 Jan 2016

Manually. To check for updates go to the Rack Extension tab under 'Products' on the website.

Dave909

06 Jan 2016

Just click on "sync all" and all available RE updates will be installed.

michal22

06 Jan 2016

Several times after I sync account've noticed a bug - I had to synchronize twice. The first time I synchronize only part plugins. The second time already all. This situation occurred at me twice already. Perhaps there is a limit on the number of plug-synchronized with the account in one session.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

raccoonboy

07 Jan 2016

Thanks everyone but how do you sync? Can't find the option in the Authorizer or is it within Reason?

selig
RE Developer

07 Jan 2016

raccoonboy wrote:Hi everyone

Do rack extension update automatically? I know Reason does (I have 8.3) but not sure if Rack Extensions need to be re-downloaded from the Prop shop in which case how would you know when an update is available?

Cheers
It's not automatic, nor are you notified, but that's a great feature suggestion IMO.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Skullture

07 Jan 2016

raccoonboy wrote:Thanks everyone but how do you sync? Can't find the option in the Authorizer or is it within Reason?
No on the website under your profile tab.

raccoonboy

07 Jan 2016

Skullture wrote:
raccoonboy wrote:Thanks everyone but how do you sync? Can't find the option in the Authorizer or is it within Reason?
No on the website under your profile tab.

raccoonboy

07 Jan 2016

selig wrote:
raccoonboy wrote:Hi everyone

Cheers
It's not automatic, nor are you notified, but that's a great feature suggestion IMO.
:)
Even if it was a sync feature from within the Authoriser that would be cool and I guess similar to app store updates on the mac.

boggg1

07 Jan 2016

Some people chose to look at individual updates and manage their update regime, the following procedure updates everything in one go and is the simplest way, especially for a beginner. For me I always update in one go and have never had a problem.

One step update:
Log onto your user account, select My account (drop down from the little person icon, top right) then select Rack Extensions (which is just below the Products text on the left. If the "Sync All" button is filled in "purple" then you have updates awaiting or you have bought a new RE and not yet downloaded it. Press "Sync All" in this case. It should open a new window called Rack Extensions and in front of your eyes the data will download. You do not need to know what updates are available, the system knows. If the "Sync All" button is white (with purple lettering) then there is no point in pressing it but it does not cause any problems if you do. It really is simple and obvious once you have done it once.

Ask if this is not clear.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refillpacker: :rt:

• Information