Decimort 2 is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Vince-Noir-99

08 Jan 2016

As I was just saying in the other Decimort post, it's EXCELLENT even for more traditional distortion, thanks to its preamp and pre/post multi-mode filter. Superb! Echobode found a new friend, too :puf_bigsmile:
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 14.32.08.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 14.32.08.png (646.55 KiB) Viewed 2846 times

Lov2sing

08 Jan 2016

:) This looks great I can't wait to try it out.
We make music for a reason

Vince-Noir-99

08 Jan 2016

Very excited! I'm getting that lovely gated fuzz I missed from Logic Pedalboard's Monster Fuzz and Candy Fuzz. It's possible to emulate it with a few workarounds and native Reason devices but it's always nice to replace combis with just one pretty looking device ;)

boobytrap

08 Jan 2016

Excellent Sounds! Another success RE....
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

EnochLight

08 Jan 2016

Bought. Holy crap this thing is awesome - it's like Resampler on steroids!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

pjeudy

08 Jan 2016

If I can say this about a Bit crusher...Decimort 2 can sound really clean when making your sound Dirty! I love that. OTHER devices of this type like Scream Digital setting, I usually find myself working a little more to get a clean Bit crushed or Nasty distorted sound that's not polluted with nasty frequency.
With Decimort 2 you do have a lot more control over the Bit crushing effect.
Last edited by pjeudy on 08 Jan 2016, edited 1 time in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Shokstar

08 Jan 2016

it´s the best Bitcrusher tool for Reason´s Rack at the moment :)

tronam

08 Jan 2016

Shokstar wrote:it´s the best Bitcrusher tool for Reason´s Rack at the moment :)
It's the best bitcrusher, period, for years now and is coupled with one of the nicest complementary overdrive preamps. I still haven't found another on any platform that matches its lo-fi mojo. :)
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

mreese80

08 Jan 2016

best bitcrusher ever and they made it even better. A lot more vintage presets than before
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

boobytrap

08 Jan 2016

Shokstar wrote:it´s the best Bitcrusher tool for Reason´s Rack at the moment :)

INDEED !
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Skullture

08 Jan 2016

Already going on my best of 2016 list

Fretless Fingers

08 Jan 2016

EnochLight wrote:Bought. Holy crap this thing is awesome - it's like Resampler on steroids!
You really think so? Do the filters really add that much to the overall complexity?
I'm genuinely curious as Resampler is a mainstay in my projects.
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

Vince-Noir-99

08 Jan 2016

Fretless Fingers wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Bought. Holy crap this thing is awesome - it's like Resampler on steroids!
You really think so? Do the filters really add that much to the overall complexity?

I've demoed Resampler a while back so I probably can't be the best judge in comparing the bit-crushing qualities of each. On the other hand, I can say that the Frequency Deviation and Jitter parameters on Decimort make it quite special. Another great addition for me is the Preamp saturation, and what seems to be a great sounding multi-mode filter on its own, which depending on its position (pre/post bitcrush), extends the range of possibilities a lot. As I mentioned before, for me Decimort is more than a bit-crusher, being well equipped for different types of distortion as well.

EnochLight

08 Jan 2016

Fretless Fingers wrote:
:thumbs_up: I do, and yes they do. :thumbs_up: I very much encourage you to do a "Rack In Review" on this one (though a "Rack In Review" of Mace M2 would be killer as well)! :thumbs_up: :)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

dvdrtldg

08 Jan 2016

Oooooooooooh boy

This is nice

But does it do anything that I can't achieve with Resampler and some filtering? watch this space

Vince-Noir-99

08 Jan 2016

I need to share this:

- Reset device
- Route an LFO or Env to Frequency Deviation (especially cool if synchronised with a synth's notes)
- Start messing with the other parameters

The slight pitch wonkiness together with the filter cutoff moving effect is amazing for a new dimension of liveness to sounds.
This device is rocking in a way that I would compare to Echobode or Pulveriser for its musicality.

Marc64

08 Jan 2016

This one was cool, might buy it :)

pjeudy

08 Jan 2016

If Anybody has the Cojones or the Minerals , create two instances of Decimort 2 flip to the Back of it and set Processing quality to ULTRA and start Kiss your DSP good bye :o

*P.S.: That's the setting that I leave it on* :puf_bigsmile:
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Faastwalker

08 Jan 2016

The demos sound really good. Will TRY this one ASAP.

tronam

08 Jan 2016

Vince-Noir-99 wrote:I need to share this:

- Reset device
- Route an LFO or Env to Frequency Deviation (especially cool if synchronised with a synth's notes)
- Start messing with the other parameters

The slight pitch wonkiness together with the filter cutoff moving effect is amazing for a new dimension of liveness to sounds.
This device is rocking in a way that I would compare to Echobode or Pulveriser for its musicality.
Top tip. Thanks for that. It introduces some cool pitch flutter effects and an envelope on jitter makes for interesting percussive accents. Lots of potential.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

ProfessaKaos

09 Jan 2016

Really nice device, will be purchasing very soon.
Big fan of D16's work, there stuff is right up my alley.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Faastwalker

09 Jan 2016

Christ, this is friggin great! Loving this. Think I'll have to take the plunge on this one ;)

EnochLight

09 Jan 2016

I'm loving D16's Rack Extensions - these are a great addition to Reason. I have noticed a discernible difference between the volume of Decimort 2 and Devastor 2 factory patches, however. Maybe it's just the nature of the multiband distortion, but - holy crap - the patches are noticeably louder on Devastor 2.

Regardless, these devices are best in class in their categories. Looking forward to more D16 stuff!

Fretless Fingers

09 Jan 2016

EnochLight wrote:
Fretless Fingers wrote:
:thumbs_up: I do, and yes they do. :thumbs_up: I very much encourage you to do a "Rack In Review" on this one (though a "Rack In Review" of Mace M2 would be killer as well)! :thumbs_up: :)
I've been on hiatus as of late but am already working/done with some scripts. First I'm doing the selig leveler though, then mace, and possibly the blackhole somewhere in there. Really interested in doing Decimort now though.

Already working on Mace though so no worries.
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

• Information