Antidote Remote Map? Anyone?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
lowtense

14 Feb 2016

After a while not being able to produce some music, i hooked up my M-Audio Oxygen 49 (3rd gen) keyboard to Reason 8.
Wanted to play around a bit with Antidote in the rack. But none of the controls seemed to respond.
When i was on Reason 6, my modded controller map file worked allright, according to Alternate Bit's Youtube video (google it).
But after 2 hours of trying all sorts of manners it's still a no go. Reason, as well as Antidote were upgraded in version numbers but does it make a difference in the way the remote maps are structured? Does somebody have a working remote map file with all AntiDote parameters in it, or at least a push in the right direction. If it's useful, i can upload my effort so far.

Thanks guys 'n' galls.

normen

15 Feb 2016

If you store an Antidote instance in a combinator and then open the .cmb file in a text editor you can see all the remote map items inside.

lowtense

16 Feb 2016

So, now i'm getting a error saying:

Failed to load control surface: M-Audio, Oxygen 49, 3rd Gen..
Map File Errors:
Line 18: Map entry missing remotable item name.

But i have inserted an remotable item named Glide, respecting the tabs;
glide.PNG
glide.PNG (73.76 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
btw Normen, thanx for your input but the property is written different from the knob/fader labels. Is this THE difference which makes the thing work for you?

Lizard

16 Feb 2016

The structure of a remote map is important with regards to where the data is located. Error on line 18 refers to the 18th line in your map. To my eye that is :

Map Knob 1 Glide

Your problem is that "Glide" is not falling in the tab or white space it is supposed to be. Correct this issue and it should load fine. I expect it will any way.

lowtense

18 Feb 2016

Thanks for your replies but still no succes today...
Tried editing the *.remotemap file in excel and saving it back.
I could re-activate the controller map in the controller preferences windows, showing a green mark but the AntiDote instance still doesn't react to the assigned parameter. In this case, knob 1 to the polyphony. Some devices have a Scale and Mode field. It is necessary for AntiDote to have these parameters filled out?

Supplied a screenschot, added to the bottom of my Oxygen 49, 3rd model map file.
try.PNG
try.PNG (115.52 KiB) Viewed 1161 times

Fretless Fingers

18 Feb 2016

I cant Quite tell what the issue is. I think I worked on my remote map for Antidote on R8 so I don't know if there were remote name changes or anything. Not sure if it will help at all but here is a video I put together some time ago walking through my process to edit the files and find the remote map naming conventions.

:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

lowtense

23 Feb 2016

Thanks, but this is one of the first movies i watched for customizing a remotemap. Followed it step by step.
I also have submitted this at Synapse Audio's forum. Keep you posted. The funny thing is, the same file works like a charm when i insert some custom Predator remapping in it. So it seems most likely a AntiDote/Synapse bug...

Koshdukai

26 Feb 2016

lowtense wrote:Reason, as well as Antidote were upgraded in version numbers but does it make a difference in the way the remote maps are structured? Does somebody have a working remote map file with all AntiDote parameters in it, or at least a push in the right direction. If it's useful, i can upload my effort so far.
Check this template:
https://github.com/LividInstruments/Rea ... tidote.txt

Edit: Just noticed that the template is missing an extra TAB char after each _control_
The format being: Map<TAB>_control_<TAB><TAB>_remoteable_

Edit2: ah, the .pdf with the Remote implementation was already linked here :)

Is the Antidote targeted (device/track focus) or locked to your controller while you're trying Knob 1?

• Information